Addiction

rebelprettyboy

I was here as well. Hell im always here if im not at school or work, and were about the same age im 19 so if you need someone to talk to just let me know bro!

t316

Good to hear ReefDude...glad you spoke to your Mom. Keep us posted on your progress, and start distancing yourself from those that aided you or continue to do this. New friends and opportunities will arise that will have a much more positive impact on your life.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by ReefDude37
http:///forum/post/2746944
stopping by to let u guys know Ive been doing pretty good, I told my mom and everything is cool with that, we will be making a app. to the doctor soon, Thanks for all the help and support, But my journey to recovery just began, its going to be really hard!
It most certainly will be hard. You have Mom on your side now. You will be alright. Stay strong. Know that we all have your back.

scotts

http:///forum/post/2746944
stopping by to let u guys know Ive been doing pretty good, I told my mom and everything is cool with that, we will be making a app. to the doctor soon, Thanks for all the help and support, But my journey to recovery just began, its going to be really hard!
HOLY ____ you just made my day!!! I am glad that you have some outside help, you know someone who is sober and there to help you when you need it. Also I like Hear this "But my journey to recovery just began, its going to be really hard"
Anytime you get an urge and feel you are in trouble, stop by here. Someone will help you out.
Good luck dude!!!!!!

oscardeuce

http:///forum/post/2744921
Hello everyone, today I need to let something off my chest, I really need advice. I am addicted to pain

[hr]
, I finally admit it. Ive dont a couple

[hr]
in the past but It really all started out when my friend was involved in a car wreck, He was perscribed M5's (percocet 5mg) last year.I was hanging out with him all the time and he asked me If I wanted one. I said sure, knowing that I had taken one before and it made me feel great. Next day, "hey man let me get a couple more from you" He gives them to me. While he was snorting them at the time, I was just chewing them. Then I started snorting them. It didnt take long until I started snorting alot of his

[hr]
. His perscription was gone and left him with no

[hr]
, so he buys them now and still does to this day, But hes not the only one, I followed in his shoes and was buying them also. I have been buying pain

[hr]
for the last few months, percocet, hydrocodone, oxycotin, everything. Before I knew it, I was sniffing OC 80's and faking headachs at the hospital to get my fix when I didnt have a pill. I WANT TO QUIT! I am gettin to the point where I am spendding my whole paycheck on

[hr]
. Some of my friends dont want to hang around me anymore. When I dont have a pill, I feel crazy, like I dont want to do anything. I havent done a pill since 24 hours ago and I dont want to do one again. Right now I need one so bad. I feel really angry and just dont even want to go to work or anything. Ive ended up stealing money and lieing to almost everyone I love. Please help me get through this addiction. I really do want to quit but I just dont know what I would do without a pill, It just seems like live is unliveable and boring without one. I'm so agitated when I dont have a pill, Right now my hands are cramping up becuase I dont have one and I feel all stiff and not willing to do anything but daydream about oxycotin. Can anyone tell me what to do, I've been hiding this for a year, I havent even told my parents or my sister or brother, Noone but you guys. What should I do? Also, I am so bad on

[hr]
I dont even have my beauitful 40 gallon breeder anymore, I sold it to spend on

[hr]
, look how good my tank was:
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=234814
buy the way I am 18 years old and a senior in highschool planning to go to college for a degree in programming, also I'm holding a job at CVS

[hr]
(cashier - stocker)
I WANT TO GET ON THE RIGHT TRACK RIGHT NOW!
See your doctor. They can help. There are medications for the withdrawl symptoms. Get involved with AA, or your local drug rehab facility ( check the local yellow pages under rehab or drug abuse services).
You do not have to go it alone.

mimzy

the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.
WOOOHOOOO FOR YOU FOR TAKING THE FIRST STEP!!!!!

mimzy

um.... and.... just a suggestion.... this has worked for me....
Yoga happens to be a great way to shift your focus.
If you're wanting one really bad, yoga gives you something else to concentrate on.
Sometimes I go to class after a bad day and I'm all messed up in the head - and then about an hour in to class I suddenly realize I haven't had a single thought about my aweful day in over 45minutes b/c I was so busy concentrating on not killing myself in the poses - and I find that I'm not so mad or desperate for whatever anymore.
I know a lot of recovering addicts who got into yoga for just that reason - and some of them are even teachers now!
anyhow...... just a thought.

hlcroghan

Mimzy, just a side note to you..:) I think I totally agree with you on this. I did my first yoga class last night and I felt wonderful afterward!!!! No more stress, no back pain and I wanted to drift off to sleep.........very good suggestion IMHO.

reefraff

I don't go in for all that new age mamby pamby but I gotta say the yoga stuff works. I learned some of it in a program to help deal with chronic pain.

mimzy

Originally Posted by hlcroghan
http:///forum/post/2747515
Mimzy, just a side note to you..:) I think I totally agree with you on this. I did my first yoga class last night and I felt wonderful afterward!!!! No more stress, no back pain and I wanted to drift off to sleep.........very good suggestion IMHO.

slackjawed

grow a spine!!!!! you jones for everything !!!!money ,women,happiness and toys.but not out robbin banks ,just have A SPINE AND STAND UP FOR YOURSELF!!!!!! IF YOU DONT WANNA QUIT NO ONE CAN HELP YOU BUT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slackjawed

i have seen many friends get on the wrong path, some are still on it
but a few have turned off it.they pulled self up by boot straps and move on.addiction is all in your head be smart !!insted of the left turns you have been makin, make the RIGHT TURN NEXT!!

mimzy

Originally Posted by slackjawed
http:///forum/post/2748228
but a few have turned off it.they pulled self up by boot straps and move on.addiction is all in your head be smart !!insted of the left turns you have been makin, make the RIGHT TURN NEXT!!

wow. it must be insensitive day today. first of all, he IS making the "right turn," he has already acknowledged his problem and reached out for help. Secondly, no one can make a person WANT to quit but themselves - but seeking help and support DURING quitting is essential and imperative.

slackjawed

Originally Posted by Mimzy
http:///forum/post/2748322
wow. it must be insensitive day today. first of all, he IS making the "right turn," he has already acknowledged his problem and reached out for help. Secondly, no one can make a person WANT to quit but themselves - but seeking help and support DURING quitting is essential and imperative.
disagree rehab doest help!!! just makes u spend your drug $$ there

veni vidi vici

Its a good start to getting clean and sober though.I didnt use this tool ,but i know many who ended up in AA through rehabs and court orders. Ive done a lot a insanely crazy things in my life and not thought twice about it,But walking through the doors of AA asking for help was probably the scariest thing in my life i have done.I am truly grateful i did. I haven't been in a fight ,arrested or hurt anyone physically or mentally since i quit using.I also have a new life that i am very happy with.Free of misery and pain.

mimzy

Originally Posted by Veni Vidi Vici
http:///forum/post/2748590
Its a good start to getting clean and sober though.I didnt use this tool ,but i know many who ended up in AA through rehabs and court orders. Ive done a lot a insanely crazy things in my life and not thought twice about it,But walking through the doors of AA asking for help was probably the scariest thing in my life i have done.I am truly grateful i did. I haven't been in a fight ,arrested or hurt anyone physically or mentally since i quit using.I also have a new life that i am very happy with.Free of misery and pain.
now i understand why you picked that for your screen name!! GO YOU!!

jpa0741

Originally Posted by slackjawed
http:///forum/post/2748228

WOW, you could not be more wrong. I guess you have never been through withdrawls. Trust me that is not just in your head.