Adding fish to a newly setup tank

hlcroghan

OK.....for another opinion to just make it really difficult.....I think certain tangs can be kept in a 55 gallon depending on bioload and other tank inhabitants. There are smaller and larger ones and ones that are more and less aggressive. For example, I believe a kole would be fine but a sohal would be ridiculous.
The one thing I have found to be necessary for any tang is lots of live rock and greens to eat off of because they should be able to satisfy their natural grazing instinct.......a tang would not be the best choice for your tank at this time IMO.
Take all the advice with a grain of salt. People here are very passionate about this hobby and they get into very heated discussions sometimes.....(what an understatement). Just use your best judgement. Most of the people on here, myself included, do things that others don't agree with because they feel they are making an informed decision and they understand the possible risks. Just make sure when you do that, that you do your research for it first so you don't waste money, time, and animals' lives....

meowzer

Originally Posted by florida joe
http:///forum/post/3048096
Ok so perhaps all your posts should come with a disclaimer stating, “please disregard all my posts previous to my last”
NOPE...NOT AT ALL.....I was involved in a conversation with OP....In our conversation we discussed something.....I WILL NOT take back what I said
IDC if you think there should have been more info offered....The OP thru OUR conversation understood....THE OP is now going to do more research...which is what needed to happen....so I am very satisfied that I gave good info to the OP....

florida joe

Originally Posted by hlcroghan
http:///forum/post/3048099
OK.....for another opinion to just make it really difficult.....I think certain tangs can be kept in a 55 gallon depending on bioload and other tank inhabitants. There are smaller and larger ones and ones that are more and less aggressive. For example, I believe a kole would be fine but a sohal would be ridiculous.
The one thing I have found to be necessary for any tang is lots of live rock and greens to eat off of because they should be able to satisfy their natural grazing instinct.......a tang would not be the best choice for your tank at this time IMO.
Take all the advice with a grain of salt. People here are very passionate about this hobby and they get into very heated discussions sometimes.....(what an understatement). Just use your best judgement. Most of the people on here, myself included, do things that others don't agree with because they feel they are making an informed decision and they understand the possible risks. Just make sure when you do that, that you do your research for it first so you don't waste money, time, and animals' lives....

Gee what a spoil sport did we really need an educated post at this time ?

hlcroghan

sorry I ruined all the fun.....I didn't want to scare the OP away so soon.......

You guys sounded so serious that I almost thought you were going to go the war (verbally speaking of course). I know better though.....
I bet he is scared to come back to this thread....lol
AND....it's all your fault Joe!!! Darn instigator....

spanko

Oh and folks his line is cut by another boater running over the line.......................the catfish is free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hlcroghan

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3048118
Oh and folks his line is cut by another boater running over the line.......................the catfish is free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spanko.....you sweat awesomeness!!
Did I also mention that you crack me up on a regular basis....

98silverstang

Oh I wasnt scared.... was more like wow my thread went from 17posts last night to 50 posts. I was reading all the information and points you all were making. Seems this hobby as do most have different points of view and you have to read and learn then make your own educated decision. I appreciate all of the information.
Last night was interesting as the Foxface and one of the damsels(i think he's a damsel) didn't hit i off so well. I ended up having to remove the damsel from the tank and will be taking him back to the fish store tonight. The 2 dark blue/purple with yellow damsels are fine with the Foxface but the other one didn't want any part of a new fish. I some how don't think he's a damsel as he is alot bigger then the others and has yellow body with purple fins looking at the pics he doesn't match any of them.
I will try and post up some pics later on tonight
Again I appreciate all the info.
Thanks
Alain

spanko

I am glad you got the information you needed before we all hijacked your thread for our own pleasure. Please don't let it scare you off. Once you are in the mode you too will be able to send out jabs to the rest of us. Keep asking questions.
Originally Posted by hlcroghan
Spanko.....you sweat awesomeness!!
Did I also mention that you crack me up on a regular basis....

meowzer

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3048155
I am glad you got the information you needed before we all hijacked your thread for our own pleasure. Please don't let it scare you off. Once you are in the mode you too will be able to send out jabs to the rest of us. Keep asking questions.

SPANKO...always 'ironing" things out
Yeah Stang...just as I said last night...do your research...AND ASK AWAY

don trinko

IMO; DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. If you have a good LFS that's great but... They are there to sell fish.
If you are just starting stick to hardy tank raised compatable fish. There are a lot of neat fish but many of them do not do well in captivity. It's much more fun (and cheaper) to but fish that will live a long time in your tank that to buy all kinds of neat/wierd fish and have them die in a month or two.
All of this IMO; Don T.