anemone with purple tips sucked into filter

one-fish

Drum Catch and Release illegal to keep that size.....got a few nice 35-45 lbs Cobia this year those Catch and Fillet.......I've seen those little measuring boards.....Lol .....$350 ouch....heard the meat has worms when they get big. Eaten puppy drum 18- 26 in

2quills

Yeah older fish in general don't make good eating IME. Not a huge fan of the reds but they are fun to catch. SW trout down here are good and I love to grill cured shark steak.

One of these days I'll get my hooks into a Tarpon but they are heavily protected now. Can keep 1 per year if you buy a tag but I would be happy just to catch and release.

one-fish

We don't have to get tags unless your bill or tuna fishing as I speak this year I can see bigger changes. This year we were put into a "Cobia Season" to due to said over fishing saw the biggest cobes this year and many of em....over fished......debates were out on reliability of the figures presented....expecting more of the same. Don't get me wrong all for conservation but lets talk apples to apples, then make decisions.....Rec. fisherman are going to get screwed..my .02

deejeff0442

I live in Texas who do you think I voted for?
Growing up eating salmon and walleye never till I moved to Texas did I know buying fish at the store cost so much .

jay0705

I go deep sea fishing in maine every yr. Up there the regs are getting crazy too. Its commercial fishing that screws it up, but the rec guys pay the price.

one-fish

Big trawlers net fishing for menhaden to make omega fish oil, seen big dead fish slicks due to spills/bycatch there is a lot of waste in their methods

one-fish

Shame.......Here we are being told to boycott salt water fishing licences due to improper use of such funding, talk is the citation program may not exist this year. Funny but the Rec fisherman voted for the licence requirement so programs like that can be possible from that extra income........go figure.