angels

saltn00b

thanks for the pics! grats on the beautiful fish i am so jelous now!
he should be fine in the FOWLR its just some coral types they may or may not eat.

mystic7

I just got an absolutely gorgeous Blue Face with it's adult colors. As soon as it starts coming out to play I'll post a picture.

mystic7

Tell ya the truth, at 5" it should have changed already. Here's mine, he just started coming out today. He's about 5" and as you can see, fully colored with his adult markings.

Here's a larger picture. I'll provide the link if you want to see it or else this thread will get too wide.
http://home.alltel.net/mystic77/blueface.jpg

mystic7

Originally Posted by saltn00b
m7, what size tank, what else do you have in it? coral?
It's a 180, FOWLR and some mushrooms.
Yellow Tang
Hippo Tang
Coral Beauty
Copper Band Butterfly
Niger Trigger
Cleaner Wrasse
Blue Face Angel
and a whole lot more coming up.

sleasia

mystic7 Those are stunning photos....I don't know if mine is going to change. I have seen blue face angels alot smaller than mine already changed...Ah well, whatever, I like him the way he is now just as well...

mystic7

Actually the photos are kinda lame. As I said he is just now starting to come out but still shy. I had to shoot those from about 20 feet away from the tank using a 300mm zoom lens!

mystic7

You know, the weird thing with yours is, his pectoral fins have already got their adult colors. Did he have those when you got him or did they change color?

sleasia

You know I never noticed it because I didn't know that was part of the adult coloring...It will be interesting to see if he changes. by the way mine is also very camera shy. I have to sit about 4 feet away with the camera focused and wait for him to come out and swim by to get the shots I got...they seem to be more bothered by flash than the other fish.

mystic7

Are you sure your Blue Face is 5"? Because I just looked at your pictures again, and if he is, then your Naso is, what, 9 or 10"? He looks closer to 2 or 3" in which case it makes sense that he still has his juvi colors.

saltn00b

from the pics i have seen , the juvy BF always has yellow pec fins? you must have an awesome camera mystic if you are that far away nabbing that quality of pic!

mystic7

It's a Nikon D70. My other hobby, which is slowly fading into oblivion now that I have a salt tank again, is photography, so I have a bit of experience shooting moving objects, candid street photography being my main interest (before the tank came along!)

sleasia

Hmm, I guess he's 4 inches if you don't count the tail...he sometimes looks like the top fin is yellowing a bit, like he's beginning to change, and then other times he just looks the same...I'll just wait and see. That's why I was wondering if you saw yours change to know if there is some pattern to how they begin to change color...like what changes first? If he does change, I will try and get serial pics of the change. thanks for the input...