Any 1 From Kentucky

nu2salt

Originally Posted by fish man
Hey nu2salt I am about 40 minutes away from you I think. I live in Maysville Kentucky. Do you know where that is?
yeah...about 1 1/2 from me
unless u know a shortcut

say

What is the one in Lexington off of Nicholasville I believe it's off of ?>? Belmont?? Is it called "just fish??"
They seam to have some nice fish and know quite a bit too.. he's on the other reef site (central) quite a bit I believe and maybe on here too.

nu2salt

Originally Posted by say
What is the one in Lexington off of Nicholasville I believe it's off of ?>? Belmont?? Is it called "just fish??"
They seam to have some nice fish and know quite a bit too.. he's on the other reef site (central) quite a bit I believe and maybe on here too.
that's it. i've heard he is very knowledgable but you pay for that knowledge
i have never been there personally. just what i heard. if the owner is on this site and views this i mean no disrespect to him/her

dutch06

Anybody that's in Louisvile or close, I got some stuff to trade or you can have for the most part. I would like to trade if you have anything interesting obviously. I can post some pictures of it tonight. About five different kinds of SPS and some zoo's if I get around to fragging them by then. I have reds, pinks, oranges, greens. Your going to need the proper lighting for the SPS though.

thejeweler

Hello im from louisville as well. I would love to trade some frags. I have some toadstoal frags and some colt frags as well there beatiful. Im kind of new to this site,get back to me.( Rusty)

say

Originally Posted by Dutch06
Anybody that's in Louisvile or close, I got some stuff to trade or you can have for the most part. I would like to trade if you have anything interesting obviously. I can post some pictures of it tonight. About five different kinds of SPS and some zoo's if I get around to fragging them by then. I have reds, pinks, oranges, greens. Your going to need the proper lighting for the SPS though.

I have a new 29 gallon that I dont' have alot in... would you be intrested in selling some??? If so... how much?? I can come to Louisville to pickup or meet you in Lexington or somewhere if you would like.

nu2salt

say... iwent to just "fish today" u got my curiosity up so i went
the guy that ownes it is a fish biologist and has 2 1/2 years in marine biology
i stood up there for about 2 hours just talking to him. i ended up buying a couple of books and some cyclopeez. his store is awesome this is the only store i've seen around here that you can go in and buy mh's most have to order them his tanks r beautiful you will pay a little more for his stuff but it's well worth it imho he qt's all sw fish for 2 weeks before he will sell them
if you r close or just want to stop by it's well worth it

say

Originally Posted by nu2salt
say... iwent to just "fish today" u got my curiosity up so i went
the guy that ownes it is a fish biologist and has 2 1/2 years in marine biology
i stood up there for about 2 hours just talking to him. i ended up buying a couple of books and some cyclopeez. his store is awesome this is the only store i've seen around here that you can go in and buy mh's most have to order them his tanks r beautiful you will pay a little more for his stuff but it's well worth it imho he qt's all sw fish for 2 weeks before he will sell them
if you r close or just want to stop by it's well worth it

Yep!! I always love going into his store. The tanks are beautiful and they don't care a bit to sit and talk to you about things good or bad. And for the prices being higher... sometimes more is better. You know what you are getting isn't something that should be sick when you get it home.

dutch06

n2salt - The orange ones are the zoo's. They could easily be fragged, but honestly, I'm terrible at fragging zoo's. I really need to practice. The rock I have probably has about 30 polyps or more on it. Your welcome to a few, but like I said I have to frag it first.
thejeweler - Not interested in any softies. If you have the lighting requirements, your welcome to the SPS or some zoo's.
I'm really trying to get rid of some of the homemade SPS frags I have laying around the tank. Homemade in that, I broke a piece off it moving stuff around in the tank and it's just sitting on the bottom of the tank growing.

say

I think that us Wildcats need to form a KY club and make this work on some things together.

ser_cyclops

hey i live in somerset Ky around lake cumberland and looking at starting a saltwater tank... any advice would be awesome...

nu2salt

Originally Posted by say
I think that us Wildcats need to form a KY club and make this work on some things together.
say... that would be great how u go about starting one

nu2salt

Originally Posted by SeR_Cyclops
hey i live in somerset Ky around lake cumberland and looking at starting a saltwater tank... any advice would be awesome...
patience is the key and do alot of reading " the conscientious marine aquarist"
by robert m. fenner is a good book to start with. the intial startup can be quiet expensive. but if u take ur time and do your research you can save alot of dough and it is all worth it... imho

nu2salt

Originally Posted by Dutch06
n2salt - The orange ones are the zoo's. They could easily be fragged, but honestly, I'm terrible at fragging zoo's. I really need to practice. The rock I have probably has about 30 polyps or more on it. Your welcome to a few, but like I said I have to frag it first.
thejeweler - Not interested in any softies. If you have the lighting requirements, your welcome to the SPS or some zoo's.
I'm really trying to get rid of some of the homemade SPS frags I have laying around the tank. Homemade in that, I broke a piece off it moving stuff around in the tank and it's just sitting on the bottom of the tank growing.
don't have the lights for sps yet but i would like the zoo's if u think u can frag them i still havem't made it down there yet

say

Nusalt is correct... Alot of reading and patience is a MUST with any saltwater tank. I would also say reading! I searched the internet for probably a month reading everything I could and then I bought the book and started reading it and went from there. I also owned a pet shop about 8 years ago and had some knowledge of them then.... but didn't know all I thought I knew lol..
I have thought alot about starting a club here in KY.... I'll get up with some of the president's of other clubs and see what all they had to do to get started. It has to be simular to a regular club... and that would just consist
of a group getting to gether and voting in a president vice etc... and going from there. I'll let everyone know.

say

is anyone close to somerset that i could come and check their tank out...
I live in Barbourville. Your more than welcome to come check the tank I have out. PM me and we'll setup time to come view it.

say

Originally Posted by nu2salt
say... that would be great how u go about starting one
I talked to some members of some other clubs and they all said they just had a few members that wanted to get together and they decided to form a club. Then they chose members to become their leaders so that they could get things going.
If anyone is interested in forming a KY group.. Let us know. We may want to start a few post so that everyone knows what we are doing and it just doesn't look like any1 from kentucky.

nu2salt

i live in nicholasville u r welcome to check out my tank as well email me at nu2salt at msn dot com. after this coming up weekend sould be fine im off to georgia to pick up 3 more tanks. you could always come up that monday and help me set them up....lol