Any 1 From Kentucky

nu2salt

say... u been able to check on the club stuff any?
also do u happen to like lionfish? it's under your name

ser_cyclops

i think it would be sweet and maybe would could have a web site and call it KYsaltwaterfish.com or somthing... itd be nice

say

I have checked on the club details. from 2 different clubs, they have told me that they just had a bunch of saltwatertankers that were interested in forming a club that could work together to help each other. They also stated that they just formed a meeting and at the meeting they figured out who would be their leaders.. so that they could get things done.
I think this would be a great idea and If anyone wants to get together and see what we can come up with... I'm game!! Suggestions on a meeting place?? Lexington??? That would kinda be a central location for everyone in the state wouldn't it?? Let me know and we'll figure out where to have a meeting.

dutch06

Just to let you all know there is already one here in Louisville. I believe it's lmas.org. Or lmas.com. I think it's .org though. I have never been to any of their meetings although I have gotten a few frags from a guy who is a member.

nu2salt

Originally Posted by Dutch06
Just to let you all know there is already one here in Louisville. I believe it's lmas.org. Or lmas.com. I think it's .org though. I have never been to any of their meetings although I have gotten a few frags from a guy who is a member.
hey dutch...i checked out the website but it dosen't look like they r very active they have nothing on their calendar of events this month. and none of the members were online. does the guy you know ever say anythingabout their activity as a club?

nu2salt

Originally Posted by say
I have checked on the club details. from 2 different clubs, they have told me that they just had a bunch of saltwatertankers that were interested in forming a club that could work together to help each other. They also stated that they just formed a meeting and at the meeting they figured out who would be their leaders.. so that they could get things done.
I think this would be a great idea and If anyone wants to get together and see what we can come up with... I'm game!! Suggestions on a meeting place?? Lexington??? That would kinda be a central location for everyone in the state wouldn't it?? Let me know and we'll figure out where to have a meeting.
lexington is good for me i'm only about 20 mins from there so if u want to get
some people together or if anyone is interested. we can maybe start a thread and let everybody know what we r wanting to do. im there just name the time and place

dutch06

I think they try to do something about once a month or every other month. But your right, there's little to no activity on their website. It's pretty much 3 or 4 guys who post all the time.

say

Originally Posted by nu2salt
lexington is good for me i'm only about 20 mins from there so if u want to get
some people together or if anyone is interested. we can maybe start a thread and let everybody know what we r wanting to do. im there just name the time and place

I had one of the admin from -- and they advised that to get a club link on their page... you have to have a web page and let them know 2-3 days before we want it up. Mel said that theirs was pretty easy to get going.
If you guys want to get this going... then we can do this. I started to post one under its own title... but didn't really know where to start it. Let me know what you guys want to do.
Does anyone know how to put a web page together or know someone that can make us one. I can do it... but I really don't have time. I can help if someone wants.. but that's it.

nu2salt

Originally Posted by say
I had one of the admin from -- and they advised that to get a club link on their page... you have to have a web page and let them know 2-3 days before we want it up. Mel said that theirs was pretty easy to get going.
If you guys want to get this going... then we can do this. I started to post one under its own title... but didn't really know where to start it. Let me know what you guys want to do.
Does anyone know how to put a web page together or know someone that can make us one. I can do it... but I really don't have time. I can help if someone wants.. but that's it.
SAY... I HAVE THE TIME TO DO IT BUT I HAVE NO CLUE AS HOW TO DO IT
IF U CAN TELL ME HOW TO DO IT I WILL GIVE IT A SHOT I PRETTY MUCH JUST SIT HERE IN THE WINTER TIME SO I HAVE ABOUT 2 1/2 MONTHS TO KILL TILL SPRING IF YOU WANT EMAIL ME AT NU2SALT AT MSN DOT COM

450rguy

Originally Posted by say
I know all about the actual needs to have a site, and I have a hosting account. I'm just not very good at designing a site!
If you would like, let me know and I can help get the ball rolling with a domain name, a small hosting account, and a rough-in site.
If you would like to spend the money to have a good looking site, it will probably cost at least $500 from the designers I know. Depending on what you want, the price could easily go over $1000.
The first step is deciding on the name and the domain it will use on the Internet.

say

If you can do a rough site.. then I know a guy that we can get to put the tweaks to it. But you are right.. The first thing we need to do is figure out a name. So what does everyone think????
Most of the clubs named on here or -- are like Kentucky Reef Club... just plain jane. But seems ok to me. But we need to design a logo... That's what is going to stick with us. I like the design the guy put on the Nashville Swap meet poster. If anyone has any designs or things we need to talk about.... email me at pwrsrace@barbourville.com
Originally Posted by 450rGuy
I know all about the actual needs to have a site, and I have a hosting account. I'm just not very good at designing a site!
If you would like, let me know and I can help get the ball rolling with a domain name, a small hosting account, and a rough-in site.
If you would like to spend the money to have a good looking site, it will probably cost at least $500 from the designers I know. Depending on what you want, the price could easily go over $1000.
The first step is deciding on the name and the domain it will use on the Internet.

nu2salt

hey guys do you have aol or msn messenger we could form a group and talk like that its alot quicker. yep we need a logo.

nu2salt

sorry..and a name would be good too
hey guys i was bored and thought i might throw a few names out there
just some thoughts:
saltwater tanks of ky
marine tanks of ky
ky saltwater aquarium society
ky saltwater aquarium addicts

450rguy

I guess one determining factor of the name, is how broad of coverage to the aquaria hobby. Will it be specifically for reefers, all saltwater, or salt, fresh, reef, brackish, etc.
If a name could be decided upon (and it really doesn't have to be permanent) I could quickly get the domain registered and get a forum up to get the details of the site/org worked out, without posting here.

nu2salt

I guess one determining factor of the name, is how broad of coverage to the aquaria hobby. Will it be specifically for reefers, all saltwater, or salt, fresh, reef, brackish, etc.
If a name could be decided upon (and it really doesn't have to be permanent) I could quickly get the domain registered and get a forum up to get the details of the site/org worked out, without posting here.
hey 450 how about bluegrass reef society for now just to get the domain reg.
and then we can decide on a final name for the site
do you have aol or msn messanger to talk faster?

say

hey 450 how about bluegrass reef society for now just to get the domain reg.
and then we can decide on a final name for the site
do you have aol or msn messanger to talk faster?

How about just KY Reef Society??
I have msn messenger... what name are you under??

nu2salt

Originally Posted by say
How about just KY Reef Society??
I have msn messenger... what name are you under??
name sounds good to me
name is nu2salt

say

Have you got nusalt on msn messenger??