Any Chicago Trader?

leadian

Ive seen the same ones, as I understand it, the bypass is the same as a flush valve.You can use it for RO for all your purified water (ie,drinking) and save your RO/DI for the aquarium so the DI does not get clogged as fast.I could use that as my aquariums do not have a 100gpd need, but we buy RO drinking water.

leadian

Hey Junbug,
Have you tried that Coral Reef place on lawernce ?They had both of good size the Blue Hippo I got 2 weeks ago is doing fine and eating well.When I was looking 2 weeks ago there seemed to be a local shortage of them (lots of purple ones though)But they had some.

F

fever

ok found 10 bags of southdown sand at a home depot in wis. have a couple of bags leftover to get rid of if anyone would like some let me know e-mail me at fever50@comcast.net if you need any quinity let me know i go up there every weekend
John
:happyfish :jumping: :happyfish

junbug1970

home depot in oak brook terrace has south down play sand.
lead,
i havent been there yet. too far from my house. i know one of the store near midway airport has a large one for $90
forgot the name of it. Same place where i bought my sea horse tank
My bat fish died, but sea horses are doing great, except they wont eat anything beside ghost shrimp. So i'm forced to stock up on ghost shrimp at $1.99 a dozen from petland in wheaton:rolleyes:

g13

Well, I lost 2 of my inhabitants during these last couple of days. My algae blenny (useless for eating hair algae) went to investigate how a power head works and a day or 2 after one of my blood red shrimp had the same curiosity.
Hey junbug, how is the hair algae fight coming along? I'm going to purchase that ro/di unit I talked to you earlier about. I emailed them and they told me that I can use it 2 diff ways. Ro for drinking and ro/di for aquarium or just have it ro/di for drinking and use that same water for the aquarium.
Have any of you guys heard of a phosban reactor or a phosphate reactor? Anybody have one or know if they are any good? I found one on the net and they are cheap (phosban reactor). I'm looking to purchase one if I hear some more good reviews.

junbug1970

G13,
Sorry about your lost. Well my algae blenny is not not doing crap. But one still alive, i have no idea what he eats.
My algae slowed down alot, but still some. I'm doing 100gal water change per week and bought 2 new skimmers and that seemed to help it. also i just bouhgt rowaphos and still havent used it yet.
My phosphate is down to 1ppm as supposed to 2ppm. so i'm doing something right. :D
i've used phosban before but not using any reactor. i just placed it in my canister filter and it worked great, but i cant afford to be buying 9 bags of it to treat 450 gal worth of water. So i stopped. I was reading up on phoshate reactor and heard alot of good reviews for those with high phosphate level.
I just havent found one with an affordable price. I am looking for both nitrate and phosphate reactor.
there's a company that makes both chamber of phosphate and nitrate reactor combined.

jcigars

Originally posted by junbug1970
what are you looking to trade them for?

Not looking to trade...You said trade or sell. I'm selling :)

g13

I'm interested also, in the blue favia and the zoo's. I had problems with the link to the red favia, the picture wouldn't come out. Email me with price...........pipn8ez13@aol.com

g13

Hey junbug, I'm going to email you with the site I found for a phosban reactor. It's meant to use phosban with it but I figure you can also use the rowaphos.

jcigars

Originally posted by G13
I'm interested also, in the blue favia and the zoo's. I had problems with the link to the red favia, the picture wouldn't come out. Email me with price...........pipn8ez13@aol.com

Email sent G13 :)

junbug1970

anyone know of any good deals on Instant Ocean? i know they stop making the 200gal bucket and now only selling 160gal bucket.
The cheapest i can still get 200gal boxed of IO is $48. it comes in 4x50gal bag.
i wish i would have bought more when petsmart were having that sale.

g13

Have any of you guys gone to Splash of life LFS? I checked their website and they have tank raised black onyx true perculas. Have any of you guys checked them out in person. If so let me know if you have any info on them? Thanks,

g13

Also, wanted to know if any of you guys were interested in trading. I have a sixline wrasse and a yellow dwarf angel I'd like to move. I also might move my pair of black percs, not decided though.