Any Chicago Trader?

junbug1970

thanks g13. I thought so too, but i wasnt sure how much 1 clown would fight on food source.
anyway, anyone has any live rock to spare?
i'm looking to replace my bioballs with live rocks maybe about 50lbs of it. base rocks is ok as long it has been seeded.
not need to be large sizes, but good baseball size would be fine
thanks
Junus
email me @ junus_ong@hotmail.com

junbug1970

anyone will be going to IMAC 2004 in chicago in june 4th,5th and 6th?
it will be held @ chicago holiday inn
if you dont know what IMAC is International Marine Aquarium Conference
i'm curious to know, maybe we can car pool. :D

junbug1970

hey guys,
i'm looking for live rocks, not need to be fancy, but enough living stuff. its for my wet/dry. basebal sizes.
thanks
Junus

g13

Hey, Junbug I seen some for sale on ---- from people in the chicago (rolling meadows, I think) area. They had some nice varieties of red algae. Hope it's still there....................check it out.

junbug1970

ahh ok. finally got my sea horse tank set up and bought 2 H.kuda yellow and orange ones from scott. i'll keep you posted and hopefully i can get some pictures up.

g13

Cool................can't wait to see them pics Junbug.
Just letting anyone know if ever anybody wanted to split an order on this site just let me know.

F

fever

jun
Let me know how your seahores are doing? Just set up a tank for some, going to scotts on friday to pick up two of them if they still have some left
John

junbug1970

my sea horses are doing great. had to get them some live ghost shrimp tho, but finally relieved to see them eat.
i was told when they are first stressed out they would probably will not eat frozen. i'd have to trained them to eat frozen.
in the morning feed frozen and at night to feed live and many people feed with clear tube in the corner and drop its food so the horse will get use to and know thats their feeding station.
here's a link to my pictures i've taken tonight.
hope these works
fish tanks pictures

robchuck

Junus,
Nice ponies you got there!
How are the sump and overflow working for you? I caught glimpse of the sump in one of the pics.

jcigars

Hi,
Saw this Chicago thread and just wanted to say hello. I live in Wood Dale about 5 min from O'hare Airport. I have a ton of pictures on my site. Just click on the link. :)
Jimmy's Reef

junbug1970

thanks,
sump and overflow is working great. never had a flood from that yet. :joy:
as a matter of fact is flood proof in that aspect. :D
had it this way ever since my first flood over a year ago.
Hey jcigars.
are you a dealer?
nice pic btw. I'm in the middle of seeting up my halide both on 220 and 75 gal, but as you can see i have to get rid of my hair algae first.

lol

jcigars

Originally posted by junbug1970
thanks,
sump and overflow is working great. never had a flood from that yet. :joy:
as a matter of fact is flood proof in that aspect. :D
had it this way ever since my first flood over a year ago.
Hey jcigars.
are you a dealer?
nice pic btw. I'm in the middle of seeting up my halide both on 220 and 75 gal, but as you can see i have to get rid of my hair algae first.

lol

Hi Junbug....no not really. I do get some discounts on a few lines as you can see but I wouldn't call myself a dealer. :)

junbug1970

fever,
scott had a few last weekend, but i am going back this weekend to buy some hippo tang and maybe i can find a red horse :D
but make sure you ask them to see them eat frozen mysis shrimp before you buy them and only buy which ever that eats.
are you setting up a new tank for them?