Any Chicagoan Trader?

doodle1800

I work at Argonne Labs - right next to you.. getting started with a 55 this week - can't wait - inwall setup.

junbug1970

welcome doodle,
i live near cass and I55. not too far at all. what are you putting in your 55?
i currently have 38gal reef, 75gal FO, 20 & 10 gal fresh water.

junbug1970

ok guys,
i think i want to get rid of my corals and just stay with fish only tanks.
if any one is interested in buying some corals, please let me know.
JUST CORALS and nothing else. i am not in a hurry, but trying to sway away from it. is too much work for me to up keep. Fish only is soo much easier.
here's what i have
bubble coral
pulsating xenia,
pink carnation (very nice, but difficult restricted species)
button polyps
yellow polyps
devils hand Leather
green flower pot
yellow star polyps
frogspawn
let me know if you are interested and make me an offer
pick up only
i have a photo up above if you'd like to see scroll up

doodle1800

hey junbug - I'm interested - I have low lighting right now, so the polyps maybe? my tank is getting setup as I write. 55 with the stuff I had in the 10 going in it, so I need to cycle yet also. Email me at rjk@aps.anl.gov
thanks...

junbug1970

no probs. just email me when you are ready. i am seting up and refegium and a wet and dry filter now. messy work. ick

doodle1800

Junbug - advice needed. I just bought a 55 with normal lighting that came with aquarium. Not ready to splurge on the appropriate lighting just yet. Will any of the polyps you have to sell be ok with this low lighting?

infalable

Hey Junbug, I work in Westmont and live in Brookfield. I would be interested in your corals. Also, interested with getting with any of you in the Chgo area. My AIM address is Erectici. Let me know. Thanks.

junbug1970

polyps in my experience need high lighting. if i place my low they wont open as much, but if near the top they are fully open. some people may have a difference in opinion.
but my button polyp opens rather easy in lower lighting, but yellow polyp or star polyps is picky
what kind of lights you have now?
good rule of thumb at least 3watts per gallon

junbug1970

email me if you are intertested in the corals, i want to make them passive fish only tanks and inverts, so if you have trades for fish, let me know or buy

junbug1970

i don't know if any of you know about this but we all use them.
you can buy 200gal instant ocean salt from petsmart.com onsale for $28 sumthing plus shipping. and if you order 2 and use this code ship4free, you pay about $3 shipping cost for 2 buckets. i ordered (2) 200gal bucket plus shipping for $60 sumthing. however they are on back order, so order fast while they are still on sale.
just an FYI
Also if any of you are looking for waterpumps. I found this local guy in lake forest selling water pumps for cheap on ----. (brandnew). good for those of you needing it for fuge or sump or whatever.
he has a website www.x.com. his name is albert. i bought 4 pumps last nite (2) rated 600gph and (2) 380gph for a total of $81
very nice guy, but lives in the boonies. lol

junbug1970

hey guys,
sorry been soo damn busy. all of my corals has been sold. My mother ended up buying it all.
thank you tho
Junbug

racenrich

Ive set up a 90 with 80#'s live rock and a few fish, would love to get a few frags from some of you. Love to see other peoples tanks as well. maybe we could set something up.
i live by the IL/IN border, lansing IL.
Let me know if anyone can help or is interested in hooking up.
Thanks, (nice thread also)
Rich K.