Any Chicagoan Trader?

junbug1970

any calc reactor expert? i just bought a mtc pro-calcium and co2 and regulator and octopus 2000, but i have no clue how this thing works? anyone would be nice enough to come over and show me how this stuff work and hook up?
:)

junbug1970

How are you chicagoan been doing? hows your tanks? I ended up taking all of my corals back, because my mom said it was a pain in the ~^$%$& to take care off. lol
Anyone selling ornamental corals? I am looking for some for my fish only tank
thanks
Junbug

sloth54

hey racenrich...im from lansing Il too! Where do you go around here to get all your stuff? I here diffrent things from each fish store and i dont know which is the best one and who to believe.

jester

Hey locals....I need a 55 to set up temp tank for a week or 2 while I move my show tank. Anybody have an extra they would be willing to lend? (or sell real cheep)

racenrich

Hey there from lansing. Sorry for the late post. Missed getting the emial.
I go to the local shop in lansing there. Terry's aquarium for my fish and food. Then out to Exotic Aquatics in highland, IN. Right on ridge road and kennedy.
Terry's has also been stocking a real nice 55g reef tank with great corals and VERY nice clams. His clams are around 6 inchs and only cost $70, not sure if thats good, but by there size its good to me.
He is also in the process of setting up a 125 reef, soon i think.
We will have to hook up some time and view the tanks.
Cheers.
Rich K.

sloth54

Hey rich
Those are pretty much the same places i go. My brother actually used to work at Terrys. Anyway, that would be cool to sometime take a look at the tanks, even though you probalby wouldnt even want to see mine. I only have a 55 with 40lbs of base rock. Im just testing out Salt Water tanks while im still in college, then after i graduate (this may), and get a year or two of work under my belt, i want to buy a house then get a big tank. So for now my tank is boring, no live rock, no corals. I figure ill wait for the big boy!

junbug1970

Hello Chicagoan,
Its been awhile to hear from you all. I finally moved and still settling down. I've set up my 220gal FOWLER and 75gal reef side by side running of the same wet & dry and refegium. I've moved the FOWLER tank from the 75 to the 220 and the reef from 38 to 75 and using my 38gal for my piranha tank that is currently on a 10 gal. I also setup a 10gal feeder tank and 10gal quarantine tank. Alot of work, long design hours, but is all up and running flawlessly. Tested everything thoroughly in case power failure and no mess and flooding :D
Have added alot of new stuff and are still in progress of installation. Bought my self gas power generator on ---- for $200, however i need to know how to make it automatic. If any of you know how, please let me know. I know there's an automatic generator out there for 5 times the cost.
Finally got my dual calcium reactor up and running.
If any of you have the following for sale, please let me know.
I am looking for :
Dosing pump with timer.
System controller (octopus or some sort)
Wave Makers 2 or 3 of them
100# of live rocks
Thanks guys. Hope to hear how you all are doing out there.
Junus