Anyone else Roomba?

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang Guy http:///forum/thread/380132/anyone-else-roomba#post_3309547
If you have two dogs that shed significantly you'll probably have to empty the bin every day. Takes about 30 seconds. Once a week you'll want to pull the hair out of the brush and do a general cleaning. Still, not much work there. It's so nice to go to work without having pants "blessed" by the dogs & cats.
Can you program them to climb up the couch

bang guy

No but now that you mention it, Norman is the only thing that cleans under the couch. He's always pushing out pens and books and stuff from under the couch

ialex2005i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang Guy http:///forum/thread/380132/anyone-else-roomba#post_3309547
If you have two dogs that shed significantly you'll probably have to empty the bin every day. Takes about 30 seconds. Once a week you'll want to pull the hair out of the brush and do a general cleaning. Still, not much work there. It's so nice to go to work without having pants "blessed" by the dogs & cats.
I figured I'd have to empty it quite frequently. But yes, I've gone through too many lint rollers.

aquaknight

I think our is in a box in the garage somewhere.... Our Discovery 4210 model, doesn't seem to last more then 25mins, and that's on the new replacement battery. At the old house that had decorative concrete as the floor, the Roomba was awesome, but now with only the kitchen being tile, the dining room/foyer/office being wood, that's it for him, the rest is carpet. It's not really as autonomous as I'd hoped. If you leave the kitchen table chairs or the breakfast table chairs down, forget it, ours loved to get trapped and kill himself in there. My biggest complaint though is probably the noise. It was a little surprising. Don't get me wrong, it's nothing like a vacuum cleaner running, but then again, he doesn't nearly have the suction power of one.

rlablan

have a roomba and recently tossed out my scooba. I liked the scooba better but being it was a first gen... it finally just took a crap and died. Won't do anything, wouldn't hold a charge, would make all these terrible "tantrum" noises and didn't want to clean. I had enough of that... but I did get my monies worth... believe me.

Had a first gen roomba and traded it in on a best buy warranty for a newer model. I like it, but it doesn't really like to find it's dock anymore. It'll just die. And more recently, it has started to just stop randomly and make the "beep beep help roomba" noise. I will check it all out and clean it and everything, it'll go for a while and then stop and make the noise again. I do like the products but it seems as though their life span is only about 3 years and then they are just done.

My dyson... I LOVE!!! going on 4+ years with my slim and have never looked back. This thing really has NEVER lost suction! Doesn't vacuum for you though... but it's reliable. Dyson and roomba need to join forces!! Best vacuum EVER!

cranberry

I'm still in love. I'm amazed everyday the cr@p she picks up. I needed to clean the closet, so I just stuck her in there and closed the door.... "lemme know when you're done Honey!"

btldreef

Forgot about this thread, but let me share with you my latest experience:
We have Roomba set to run everyday when I go to work.
We lost our Blue Spotted Jawfish, could not find it anywhere. I was convinced the dog ate it.
Emptied Roomba out, and there it was

cranberry

I hate jumpers... it always makes me so sad when they go that way. Especially when they are covered in dog hair :-(