Anyone get and F in high school?

squidd

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Is should be in the stupidity forum but there isnt one..
Well depending on who you talk to (and whos posting what)...the Aquarium can get pretty close...
So I'm moving this thread down there...

mimzy

high school is a load of crap. my Husband dropped out, got his GED and has college degrees that got him FAR. I wish I had thought of that, high school was pure HELL.
But as for some constructive advice, you need to get over the fear factor and just go to your parents and ask for their help. If you present it as something you'd like their help with, they'll be far less upset than if you just up and told them "I'm failing math."

dogstar

You must have seen it comeing...Cant really blame the test/teacher unless the whole class is failing....Best to tighten up..tell the truth to your parents, ask them to help, if they can, with tutoring if your truly going to make an effort.
If you really fear abuse from your parents ( possible, IDK ) tell the Councelor.
Other wise, you should be grounded.....do everyones chores, no dateing, no video games, no car, no tv, no computer, no phone, no Ipod, no music, no food, no water, no sleep, sent to the CIA to be tortured....haha.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by watson3
Six digits...1234.56...

yeh your halarius , luckuly i dont need to prove anything to u

martinc909

You could say I'm special. I am the selected few that God chose to be a Math Wiz. Since 1st grade math has been my favorite subject. And I'm darn good at it. I'm a Junior in High School and I'm taking AlgebraII/Trigonometry.
"Math is so HARD because It is so EASY."
Mr. Birdsong---- My math teacher.
"Inch by inch math's a Zinch, Yard by Yard math is HARD"
Mr. Birdsong
I love math and I'm very lucky.
good luck out with that F.

triga22

Alright wow lots of posts.. Well im just gunna tell them that I screwed up n that ill move on and get better. On the 18th it may be the last time im here for a llllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggg time.

oceanists

Originally Posted by Mimzy
high school is a load of crap. my Husband dropped out, got his GED and has college degrees that got him FAR. I wish I had thought of that, high school was pure HELL.
But as for some constructive advice, you need to get over the fear factor and just go to your parents and ask for their help. If you present it as something you'd like their help with, they'll be far less upset than if you just up and told them "I'm failing math."

I got kicked out of continuation school.... and I am doing very well... you get out of life what you put into it.
There are alot of jobs that you can have major success in if your willing to use your brain and work hard... look at Albert Einstein he flunked and dropped out of college and was deemed insane.
Highschool is no big deal .... maybe 20 years ago it was .... but on the job experience will get you further than anything else nowadays.
I would tell your parents before your report card is sent .... they will look at that as honesty .... tell them you feel that you need help in the math area and ask for maybe a tutor .... they will see that at least you are trying .... best time to bring it up is in the morning where they dont have alot of time to be angry with you because you are off to school and they have time to think about it and get over it and look for ways to help rather than yell
Good Luck

martinc909

You also made a mistake with your Thread Title:
" Anyone get AND F in high school?"
sorry, just had to point that out.

wattsupdoc

Originally Posted by Dogstar
You must have seen it comeing...Cant really blame the test/teacher unless the whole class is failing....Best to tighten up..tell the truth to your parents, ask them to help, if they can, with tutoring if your truly going to make an effort.
If you really fear abuse from your parents ( possible, IDK ) tell the Councelor.
Other wise, you should be grounded.....do everyones chores, no dateing, no video games, no car, no tv, no computer, no phone, no Ipod, no music, no food, no water, no sleep, sent to the CIA to be tortured....haha.
:hilarious

It is important that you do everything you do to the best of you're ability. That is the staple to success. Try harder, dont listen to those that say it's not important. It is important to you.Tell them before they see the card. Be honest and humble. And run like hell if you need to.

phixer

Its how you overcome this. Ask your next teacher exactly what will be on the test and exactly what to study. Most teachers do not intentionally set up their students to fail. And yours may give you a makeup exam allowing you to squeak by if he/she feels you are sincere.
Believe it or not teachers are graded on the success of their students. When it comes to math, there are a lot of teachers who understand the subject but are lousy at translating it into a language most can understand. Talk to your teacher on a Friday after his/her last class and explain to them that you tried but just didnt understand it. The teacher should have noticed a trend of difficulty and told you a long time ago what you needed to do to pass. Of course if you didnt listen or work at it your teacher is justified in failing you.
Good luck.

alyssia

Oceanists said:
.... best time to bring it up is in the morning where they dont have alot of time to be angry with you because you are off to school and they have time to think about it and get over it and look for ways to help rather than yell
QUOTE]
Ben, it sounds like you have some experience in this area!!

:joy:

triga22

Alright.. I guess I will break it to them b4 so they dont freak out. And I will try to tell them when there pissed off at my brother so then its even. Well alright Im going to bed.. And ill try to get on as much as I can till next weeeek kause i see a 9 week or 9 yr grounding coming up.

demartini

I have a F in math and my teacher says we dont do extra credit in high school so its imposiable to bring up. I get most of the work its just that what he puts on the test seems different then whats on the homework... How am I going to bring this to my parents? They will kill me.. Will I still pass?

That sucks...i always got extra credit in high school and i still do in college! so your teachers full of crap. Maybe you should get on her good side. My chemistry teacher loved me soooo much that she changed my D to a B! lol i hate science...

demartini

I have a F in math and my teacher says we dont do extra credit in high school so its imposiable to bring up. I get most of the work its just that what he puts on the test seems different then whats on the homework... How am I going to bring this to my parents? They will kill me.. Will I still pass?

That sucks...i always got extra credit in high school and i still do in college! so your teachers full of crap. Maybe you should get on her good side. My chemistry teacher loved me soooo much that she changed my D to a B! lol i hate science... she even wanted to have a makeover/sleep over with me and my best firend...straaaange lol

seannmelly

I graduated high school in 2005. Graduation was the happiest day of my life!!! Basically, I would definately tell them what happened BEFORE they get your report card. You gotta bite the bullet. They will be a little happier with you since you told them, before you waited for them to find out on their own. Try to get help with your teacher. If you can stay after school to get extra help then do it. I was always in advanced math, but still hated it and still had to stay after school now and again because if I didn't I would definately have failed a couple tests in PreCalc when I was a junior. I think as long as you tell them your grade, and tell them you will stay for extra help or during a study hall or something, they won't be as mad.
Melly

sethw

i too will have an f in math, well, algebra two, on the first report card of the year, sux huh, and my teachers dont believe in extra credit either, what grade r u in? and ur name?

dragonzim

Originally Posted by DeMartini
she even wanted to have a makeover/sleep over with me and my best firend...straaaange lol

OK, now THAT is a little disturbing!