Anyone get and F in high school?

oceanists

alyssia said:
Originally Posted by Oceanists

.... best time to bring it up is in the morning where they dont have alot of time to be angry with you because you are off to school and they have time to think about it and get over it and look for ways to help rather than yell
QUOTE]
Ben, it sounds like you have some experience in this area!!

:joy:

LOL .... Yes I am guilty .... so much experience you could call me a expert in the situation

alyssia

Oceanists said:
Originally Posted by alyssia
LOL .... Yes I am guilty .... so much experience you could call me a expert in the situation

ha ha me too, that's why I was teasing you about it.
I was a MAJOR rebel when I was a teenager, wouldn't listen to anyone. I have kids now and my dad says it's payback time. My oldest one is 11--God I'm scared!!!!!

S

supermanvx

im kinda curious what your teacher said after asking for more help

oceanists

alyssia said:
Originally Posted by Oceanists
ha ha me too, that's why I was teasing you about it.
I was a MAJOR rebel when I was a teenager, wouldn't listen to anyone. I have kids now and my dad says it's payback time. My oldest one is 11--God I'm scared!!!!!

I hear you

triga22

I asked him if I could do more work and get extra credit he said no. He does offer help in the morins and aftanoons. I just go to my dad to teach me.. My math teacher just gives us work.

S

supermanvx

Originally Posted by TriGa22
I asked him if I could do more work and get extra credit he said no. He does offer help in the morins and aftanoons. I just go to my dad to teach me.. My math teacher just gives us work.
bummer, i remember those days...thats when i would give em hell

triga22

lol. I dont wanna get in anymore trouble with my parents.. Ill be killed n then cut in peices if i add ,more onto the F..

piscesblue

So, I guess your HALO 2 time is going to be cut down a bit? I'm the opposite of you, I blew off the homework and aced the tests. I really wish I would have learned some study habits in highschool, but it was so easy, I just floated thru it. Out in the real world, you realize you desperately need those skills to learn things that actually matter in your job/life. Pound the books, raise your grade and maybe I'll see you online by the time HALO 3 is released.

petieaztec

you in pre calculus? yeah i got a D in that class and extra credit was not an option. that class takes a lot, and i mean a lot of studying.either you get it or you don't. get a tutor they really do help.

jacknjill

Im a sophmore in highschool and im in algrebra II
I hate to say this but a huge part of this is your own fault. You definately either know your grade or have a pretty close estimate by the time report cards come out. So this means that you saw it coming. All of my teachers have extra credit opportunities in some way or another, so i dont know why your teacher is telling you that.
I am really good at math, always have been and ive never had any problems with it. But this year i am not hapy with my math teacher's teaching methods. I started out with one bad test grade that pulled my grade down to a D. I immediatly started REALLY trying to actually do my homework, coming in for extra help, etc. My next test i got a 95 and its been smooth sailing from there once again.
What im saying is that from your first bad test grade you shouldve been kicking it in high gear to pull it up. Hopefully you can get an A next quarter and you may pull off a semester average of a C, maybe a B if youre lucky. It really depends on just how low your F is. I know that people at my school who fail a class have to come in for remedial or something, anyways i think it allows them to pull up their grade with a lot of exta school hours and extended days.
Anyways, the best of luck to you

S

supermanvx

i dont know i was in high school for 4 years like most people...and i look back and i had some pretty dumb teachers...i had a math teacher, that thought he was teaching, but no one knew what he was talking about, gave no extra credit...highest grade in the class was in the low 70%...then i had a math teacher would give tons of extra credit, cuz he knew we all sucked...so high schools vary on teacher quality.

jacknjill

Originally Posted by supermanvx
i dont know i was in high school for 4 years like most people...and i look back and i had some pretty dumb teachers...i had a math teacher, that thought he was teaching, but no one knew what he was talking about, gave no extra credit...highest grade in the class was in the low 70%...then i had a math teacher would give tons of extra credit, cuz he knew we all sucked...so high schools vary on teacher quality.
yah i would definately agree with that. Ive had some good teachers and a few complete idiots.

S

supermanvx

Originally Posted by JacknJill
yah i would definately agree with that. Ive had some good teachers and a few complete idiots.
ya tyler, your going to get some good ones, and some horrible ones, the mature thing to do is be polite and teach yourself...i prefer teaching myself, because then you will understand better. as for math, i struggled with that as well, until i started gettin extra help...also, my years of experience, i said i think my fresh/soph year...i understand it, i get A's on the homework, but F's on the test....its because i was doing it wrong on the homework and thinking it was right...but good luck, stay on top of things. and itll all roll over...besides your parents will be very proud of you if you pull an F into a B or better

speg

I think I did really good in high school. I was there for 5 years (almost 6). I nearly got straight F's every quarter.. I rocked :p

S

sea_star

martinc909 said:
You could say I'm special. I am the selected few that God chose to be a Math Wiz. Since 1st grade math has been my favorite subject. And I'm darn good at it. I'm a Junior in High School and I'm taking AlgebraII/Trigonometry.
So you're the math wiz, but I'm taking honors Algebra II w/ trig as a sophmore
I don't know what kind of high school all of you go/went to, but mine's too much fun to drop out of. Hey good luck with your F. Just say that the teacher is not very good/understanding, and that you don't get it at all. Plus it might be a good idea to warn them before they get the report card

K

kimc

i really didn't do anything in high school (graduated in '78)other than party and go to the beach...( I barely made it though I had so much more to offer!!) wish I had some own to push me to try harder!!

alyssia

Originally Posted by kimC
i really didn't do anything in high school (graduated in '78)other than party and go to the beach...( I barely made it though I had so much more to offer!!) wish I had some own to push me to try harder!!

OMG, I totally agree!!!! I didn't do anything in school either (in fact, I cut school most of the time). I was a total delinquent (see, if I had paid attention I'd know how to spell that word
) I was raised by my dad, and he couldn't do a thing with me. I wouldn't listen to ANYONE.

tx reef

Originally Posted by alyssia
I was a total delinquent (see, if I had paid attention I'd know how to spell that word
)

:hilarious