Apparently God has selective hearing...

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/60#post_3539886
Aggie, I think you are confusing the fact that everyone gets to voice their opinion that this somehow translates into meaning that everyone should automatically get whatever they want. Unfortunately, life has never been that easy for anyone. Everyone faces and has had to battle adversity throughout history, not just gays or blacks.
The great thing about this country is that here people will still face adversity but they are free to fight and rise above their circumstances due to the laws that already exist. Nobody is going to gift you a perfect world. Especially religious rich folk who hold all the money while you're pointing fingers at them.
I could care less what someone's sexual orientation is if they aren't pushing it on me because ill never understand or agree with it. Same goes for the other side. My intolerance comes into play when one sides expects something from the other but wishes to offer nothing in return in the way of tolerance. I think what's happening in AZ, is rediculous. But it hasn't stopped people like Aggie from trying to lump me into that category of bible thumping.
We shouldn't have to fight outright discrimination. We've gone beyond that disgusting trait by creating laws to prohibit those acts. So exactly what is "the other side" supposed to offer these religious fanatics in regards to a compromise? Have to selectively find establishments to purchase their goods, their food, whatever they need to buy because of some homophobic religious person? I read a little more about this law in Arizona, and as it turns out, in reality the law states that a business can deny services to ANYONE they feel go against their religious beliefs. With that being said, an Atheist business owner could deny service to an individual who walked into his store wearing a religious Cross because "religion" is against his religion. A Jehovah Witness could turn away someone wearing a Halloween costume, or whistling a Christmas carol while strolling in their store. Jewish owners can deny anyone into their restaurant who isn't kosher. Phoenix will be a very interesting place to live in. That Home Depot you always go to get your paint? Sorry, only Catholics allowed. Bring back the Blue Laws where every business and establishment is closed on Sunday. No more shopping in the malls on Sunday. Go into your local Walmart, and half the store is roped off only allowing you access to buy food. Yea, religious freedoms are great....

I think they'll come to their senses though. Arizona is slated for another Super Bowl next year, and the NFL has stated they'll wait for the Governor's decision as to whether she'll veto the law before making a statement regarding a "change of venue" for that event next year. Money trumps religion every time.

darthtang aw

Ah, the old Wikipedia is just unsubstantiated nonsense argument.  Except every post has valid footnotes to support their findings.
You've just proven how meaningless that book really is.  Who writes a book where you have to "interpret and make deductions" about everything that's written in it?  That's called fiction.  So now I'm to assume that you validate your assessments on what's written in that book based on YOUR interpretations of the words, not what should be clearly defined.  Got it.  Sounds pretty idiotic to me.
You do realize science is a series of interpretaions and deductions that often times two people can get different conclusions.

2quills

In the eyes of the Holy, we are all guilty.
God's bastard children as it were. If you beg for your salvation and gift us your worldly possessions I'll consider saving you. Yeah, those guys came knocking on my door too lol.
I believe in some of the shared wisdom handed down through religions, I just don't buy into all of it.
Am I going to he'll? And if so what's to keep me from going full blown natzi?

2quills

We shouldn't have to fight outright discrimination.  We've gone beyond that disgusting trait by creating laws to prohibit those acts. 
Have we? Gone beyond all of that now that we have said laws? Thousands of years of belief just went up in smoke because Aggie got his laws. :%%:
Seems like all you've really done is hand people a license to sue at will anytime one person misinterperates another's intent.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/80#post_3539961
God's bastard children as it were. If you beg for your salvation and gift us your worldly possessions I'll consider saving you. Yeah, those guys came knocking on my door too lol.
I believe in some of the shared wisdom handed down through religions, I just don't buy into all of it.
Am I going to he'll? And if so what's to keep me from going full blown natzi?

LOL...In Hebrew...we are all going to hell...the word means...the grave. It doesn't matter what god or no god a person decides to believe or not believe in...be kind to one another, we are all human, complete with flaws and strengths. Our actions on that level is a tell all on who a person really is.

2quills

LOL...In Hebrew...we are all going to hell...the word means...the grave. It doesn't matter what god or no god a person decides to believe or not believe in...be kind to one another, we are all human, complete with flaws and strengths. Our actions on that level is a tell all on who a person really is.
That's why I've always liked you, Flower. You have a good heart in my book. The people who frequent these threads come here knowing what to expect they are going to get when they see those headlines. It's like the signal for people to purge their anger or frustrations on one another lol. Better to get it out online than in the streets with torches and farm tools.
I think part of what we are seeing in the news lately is the result of a lot of pent up anger on the part of a lot of people. We have laws in this country protecting people from racism or discrimination. But the reality is all they've done is try to bury it but it still lives. In many ways I think it's worse because it's under the radar. You people used to know who their alleged enemies was. Nowadays everyone tries to be stealthy about it. Like if you can word it cleverly enough then the hall monitors at school won't boot you since the words technically could be interpreted differently by different people.

phixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieAlum http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/60#post_3539936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixer
http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/60#post_3539935
One good thing about the homosexuals. They dont breed. Homosexuality stops pro-creation. And in overpopulated world thats a good thing. Sad thing is if they adopt, those poor kids are brainwashed to think it's normal or natural. Homosexuality dosent exist in nature, it's a nasty, disgusting thing. Dont know how one guy can look at anothers guys sweaty hairy ass and be attracted to that. Is that normal?
Your homophobic ignorance just shows your true colors. Ever heard of in vitro fertilization? Brainwashing kids? I wonder if your wife says the same thing about your rear.
And your love for mens hairy asses shows yours.
Let me know when your leather chaps wear out.

Could you possibly be any more benighted. Invitro fertilization requires both male and female chromosomes and invitro doesent happen in nature no matter how much vaseline you employ.
Yours does.

Your arguments are like the branches on Charlie Browns Christmas tree.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/80#post_3539963
Have we? Gone beyond all of that now that we have said laws? Thousands of years of belief just went up in smoke because Aggie got his laws.

Seems like all you've really done is hand people a license to sue at will anytime one person misinterperates another's intent.
But it's OK to create a law that allows someone to have another individual arrested simply because they misrepresent their intentions or beliefs? It's OK to create laws to protect one's beliefs, but it's not OK to create laws to protect ones self against those same beliefs? As I stated in my last post, this Arizona law basically makes it open season for anyone to simply use religious beliefs as a way to selectively discriminate against anyone they choose. Talk about a license to sue.

darthtang aw

Now you say that the Bible is akin to a science experiment?
To degree. I am saying many things are open to interprtation. Even something as recent as our constitution.

darthtang aw

But it's OK to create a law that allows someone to have another individual arrested simply because they misrepresent their intentions or beliefs?  It's OK to create laws to protect one's beliefs, but it's not OK to create laws to protect ones self against those same beliefs?  As I stated in my last post, this Arizona law basically makes it open season for anyone to simply use religious beliefs as a way to selectively discriminate against anyone they choose.  Talk about a license to sue.
One could argue that since there is no law preventing this it could be done anyway.