Are The Colts Going To Be Beat?

J

jcrim

Originally Posted by puffer24/7
He let down a city full of people who adored him by jcrim thats why he lives here now haha

I think he still has a home here too but I'm not sure. Don't go to strip bars to see if he's still there.
BTW, puffer... you can have him.

J

jcrim

Hell no... he's nothing now. He can live in Zimbawbae for all I care.

scubadoo

Certainly, if you made a quick list of the best running backs ever it would include Sanders among many others.
I have no problems with his early retirement from the game....just the way it was done and how it was handled. There are many measures of greatness for professional athletes. He is certainly great for his on field performance...and classless for the way he handled his exit from the field.
Fo someone that supposedly has such great respect for the game...how can he show such little respect for the fans that paid their hard earned money to see him...and the players that supported him over the years. His right to exit......and to do so on his conditions.
JMO

scubadoo

emmit is no where near as good as barry nor walter emmit has 4409 total caries 3838 caries and barry with 3062 caries with 15269 yards he was gonna blow by all of the records and for emmit he should hold the record look at how many times he caried the darn ball not to mention bary is the 3rd youngest player ever in the hall of fame
Too bad he picked up his ball and went home...we'll never know. At least Emmit had the guts to hang in there on some less than productive teams at the end of his career..

scubadoo

Actually Emmet is the best ever based on yardage. Now that I give the matter further thought...the best ever was Jim Brown. it gets tough to compare backs accross different eras in football. I am convinced he would have made a great linebacker in the nfl if he ever wanted to play defense . TO see him perform on Sunday was something special given the era that he played in. I beleive he averaged over 5 yards per carry...amazing.

scubadoo

RUSHING
Most Seasons Leading League
8Jim Brown, Cleveland, 1957-1961, 1963-65
RUSHING
8Jim Brown, Cleveland, 1957-1961, 1963-65
ATTEMPTS
6Jim Brown, Cleveland, 1958-59, 1961, 1963-65
TOUCHDOWNS
5Jim Brown, Cleveland, 1957-59, 1963, 196
Highest Average Gain, Career (750 attempts)
6.36Randall Cunningham, Philadelphia, 1985-1995; Minnesota, 1997-99; Dallas, 2000; Baltimore, 2001 (775-4,928)
5.22Jim Brown, Cleveland, 1957-1965 (2,359-12,312)
Oh no...a QB has the all-time best yards per carry..LOL

scubadoo

He let down a city full of people who adored him by jcrim thats why he lives here now haha

Wasn't he booed once when he was in attendance at a Pistons Game at the Palace?

On whether he would retire differently if he could do it over again and about being booed at a Pistons basketball game at the Palace: "I remember that day and I think it was probably about 60-40, boos and cheers. Yeah, there were boos and I think there were boos for a lot of different reasons

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
read it here...
SAN DIEGO will take down the colts.

wait a minute... wait a minute... oh no he didnt
2 points for the fat guy here

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by avbryce1
I don't think that the colts will be beat this season the team with the best chance is either san diego or seattle. Denver will get a shot in the playoffs and has a good shot at taking them out, but don't count on it.
I think the colts will have a perfect season and win the superbowl which will just be icing on the Peyton Manning hall of fame cake.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so sorry

crashedin0

well i skiped through all the post cuz i got tierd but
peyton is a great qb
colts is an awsome team
i hate to say it but the fins record will get beat
(i dont count the pats it needs to be in 1 season game 1 to the bowl )
and if they can keep on going to beat the pats record even bettter
but the colts with their WRs are a weapons all of them
RB is a monster
and the best QB out there
i dont matter they can win even if the lose some to injury
plus dont start on their defense
i say go miami but unless the pats lose there reg season game from here on out we wont make it so go colts i guess

puffer24/7

first of all spell emmit rigt please its not emmet and second of all bary averaged 5.6 yards and third of all emmit should have stayed and retired with the cowboys but he got greedy and went to a crap team the cardinals a player of that caliber should never play for a crap team ever

scubadoo

first of all spell emmit rigt please its not emmet and second of all bary averaged 5.6 yards and third of all emmit should have stayed and retired with the cowboys but he got greedy and went to a crap team the cardinals a player of that caliber should never play for a crap team ever
Sorry for my incorrect spelling but where do you get your facts from? Sanders did not average 5.6 yards per carry. Where did you get 5.6 yards per carry?
Barry Sanders' 4.99 yards per rushing attempt during his career is second only to Jim Brown (5.22 yards per carry) among all NFL players in history who qualify with the minimum number of career rushing attempts.
First of all, get your facts straight. Second , Smith had over 1,000 all purpose yarrds with AZ his last season in 2004 and just missed a 1,000 rushing season by 63 yards. The year before in 2003 he was injured for the majority of the season. He palyed in 15 games in 2004
Important note....the all purpose yards were gained with that crappy team.
I suggest you do some research before you post inaccuate info regarding Barry Sanders yards per carry.

scubadoo

by the way i could run circles around his old fat as*

Please back-up your factual 5.6 yards per carry...if you are the Barry Sanders expert or football historian.