Are The Colts Going To Be Beat?

scubadoo

Originally Posted by puffer24/7
emmit is no where near as good as barry nor walter emmit has 4409 total caries 3838 caries and barry with 3062 caries with 15269 yards he was gonna blow by all of the records and for emmit he should hold the record look at how many times he caried the darn ball not to mention bary is the 3rd youngest player ever in the hall of fame
Okay I'll help you out. Take that great big number and divide it by that little number and you get 4.99 rounded. So where do you get 5.6? Even using the numbers you have posted you get the 4.99 rounded. If you are going to correct my spelling....please make sure you at least know what you are talking about regarding the subject matter and the facts.

ruaround

first of all spell emmit
rigt please its not emmet and second of all bary
averaged 5.6 yards and third of all emmit should have stayed and retired with the cowboys but he got greedy and went to a crap team the cardinals a player of that caliber should never play for a crap team ever
you should also check you spelling...Emmit is actually spelled Emmitt J. Smith and bary is acutally spelled Barry D. Sanders... Barry avg. 5 ypc and Emmitt 4.2 ypc
This debate will go on forever, we will never know if Barry was better than Emmitt because Barry quit... IMO Barry was better up until he retired...he didnt have the line or the supporting cast that Emmitt did...There are backs in the league now that are better than the both of 'em and time will tell...

scubadoo

u might not believe me but i know for sure because he is my next door neighbor
Go knock on his door and ask him his yard per carry avarage.

scubadoo

he would knock you out if you said emmit was better than him seriously how can you possibly think that
I beleive I later corrected myself and said after given the matter some thought Jim Brown was IMO the all-time greatest running back...follow the thread Send him over.....I'n not that small a guy.
Your 5.6 yards is still wrong. I am talking average yards per carry RUSHING...follow the thread if you can.

scubadoo

COMBINED NET YARDS GAINED
Rushing, receiving, interception returns, punt returns, kickoff returns, and fumble returns
Most Seasons Leading League
5Jim Brown, Cleveland, 1958-1961, 1964
4Brian Mitchell, Washington, 1994-96, 1998
3Cliff Battles, Boston, 1932-33; Washington, 1937
Gale Sayers, Chicago, 1965-67
Eric Dickerson, L.A. Rams, 1983-84, 1986
Thurman Thomas, Buffalo, 1989, 19

scubadoo

Individual Records: Yards From Scrimmage
Records updated through the 2004 season
Most Scrimmage Yards, Career
23,540Jerry Rice, San Francisco, 1985-2000; Oakland, 2001-04; Seattle, 2004
21,579Emmitt Smith, Dallas, 1990-2002; Arizona, 2003-04
21,264Walter Payton, Chicago, 1975-87
Source of all stats nfl.com

puffer24/7

see u guys pull stats from ur as* i pull them from my head from my great knowledge of the game .3 yards off give me a break

scubadoo

see u guys pull stats from ur as* i pull them from my head from my great knowledge of the game .3 yards off give me a break
Average yards per carry son...understand that simple concept and stat? If you are going to debate the issues please post on the topic ...... or explain what you are stating to be fact as all purpose yards. ALl purpose yards ...quite different from average yards per carry...that is a rushing statistic not an all purpose yards statistic. Understand that simple concecpt?

scubadoo

Originally Posted by bigarn
I'm a Jet fan.

I feel your pain....look at my team......

Hey..we beat the Jets

puffer24/7

buddy its a thread of if the colts are going to be beat not a debate on who is the best running back thank you have a nice day ps go post a new thread if u wanna talk about who is the best running back once again have a nice day

scubadoo

that record will never ever be broken teams have to much respect for the game just like bary sanders did thats why he stopped playing so he did not break the record he would have blown by it other wise
You brought the subject matter to the thread , son.
If you do not like being called son perhaps you shouldn't call folks numnut. Son, in life you get the respect you give.
See you later Sonny boy

scubadoo

I do apologize to those that debated the Colts issue. Sorry I got sucked in to this debate regarding Sanders and the nfl running back issue.
:cheer: