Astrowars

stacyt

I doubt that the NEMO/TZAR merger will go through. Most of the players on both sides have voted against that.
Hmmm how did you hear about that sammy???

sammystingray

Elfdoctors, I thought you had a "good" announcement. Half of the players in the game knew that weeks ago, and of course I knew it awhile ago. I thought the announcement you spoke of was going to be about TZAR.

StacyT.....it is either super spy skills, OR, the fact it was posted in the forums by UPSguy2.:D :D
RussianSpy, something tells me you don't want to be around these fireworks. Just one of the fleets that will be launched at the CORE could take out all of your planets, and probably everyone you have talked to this beta around you. These will be fleets of large alliances all funding a single fleet to send players with attack bonuses at the CORE. If it isn't, then I will be disappointed. BETAs always end with the top alliance or player getting bombarded by HUGE fleets. If they win still, then they truly deserve it.

stacyt

Yeah sammy I was joking with you. The whole thing was supposed to be a secret, until the UPSguy2 posted it on the forums. I'd like to find out who that guy is.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I am getting pulvarized from BTA, CYRL. About 5 attacks going on my planets. I'm dead!

elfdoctors

Good Luck, Beth!
I think it is best to try not to have the majority of your planets in a single system. It sometimes is too hard to defend. I currently have 17 planets in 11 different systems. It is hard to attack 11 different systems at once, yet if your speed is okay, you can defend reasonably easily.
The NEMOs and CORE players are getting ready to have massive attacks geared at us, which according to the rumor mill will be coming soon. The attacks have to occur soon because unless the leaders lose several planets, this beta will be over in ~9-10 days. You will be able to continue your personal battles for a few weeks before beta 8 starts but this will just be for fun as many players start resigning to test new races and buildup strategies.
Any assistance (even emotional support :thinking: ) is appreciated.
Sammystingray - does a NAP mean anything????? Your alliance is threatening to join in the attacks on us and has given notice that the NAP is off.

russianspy

Originally posted by sammystingray
RussianSpy, something tells me you don't want to be around these fireworks. Just one of the fleets that will be launched at the CORE could take out all of your planets, and probably everyone you have talked to this beta around you. These will be fleets of large alliances all funding a single fleet to send players with attack bonuses at the CORE. If it isn't, then I will be disappointed. BETAs always end with the top alliance or player getting bombarded by HUGE fleets. If they win still, then they truly deserve it.

I was hoping for some experience points!

stacyt

Beth did massondragon contact you. He told me he was going to work on that situation, and told me he was going to help you out. Let me know if you're still under attack by BTA. Best to PM me in the game.
sammy I was disappointed to see that TGD broke off the NAP with us. I know you are as good as your word, but I hate to think that the rest of your alliance is not. Do they not remeber the assistance that NEMOs offered them last beta?? I know you probably aren't happy about the situation either, because you beleive that a NAP should last the entire beta.
I've had 2 alliances stabb me in the back this weekend. I'll say that at least TGD sent a PM, SoR still has not told me the NAP is off, but I know for a fact that they'll break their agreement. BoFF did send a PM to say they are only going to attack CORE, and not NEMO. These guys are a joke. They're only going to partially break their NAP, for what good that does.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Afraid not, I am being attacked by BTA who are helping 1 other non-BTA player belonging to another alliance [CYRL] who was invasive aganist several of our players. massondragon never contacted me. The BTA members are:
rotfl1
Altorak but there is rotfl and several others from the CYRL alliance.
Oh well. We will see what happens.............

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You know what is needed in this game... a recognition by the game that members of the same alliance who land on same alliance planet are not "attacking". That is a real fallacy in this game.

stacyt

Not all the BTA guys are reefers. The only one that I know for sure is massondragon. He frequents --.
I agree about the issue of landing on an alliance members planet. It's been brought up several times on the forums as well.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
StacyT, you are the man of the hour! BTA stopped attacks and I got a pm from one of their attacking members saying that he will help me now.
x0x0x to you!

stacyt

Beth you are welcome. Hopefully you can get back on your feet now. The BTA alliance are really good guys. Build up a good relationship with them, and they'll go down fighting with you.
The NEMOs and BTA have faught side by side this beta. I have taken several planets for the BTA in my area.
Diplomacy is key in this game, as well as making as many freinds as you can.
I will also send massondragon a PM thanking him for the cooperation of his team mates.

beth

Administrator
Staff member

Originally posted by StacyT
I will also send massondragon a PM thanking him for the cooperation of his team mates.

I never received a pm from him, but I did get one from one of the BTA warriors attacking me. He offerrred to even fight against the ones he had allied himself with because "I was a friend of NEMO". Thanks a lot Stacy! GPS [my alliance], came to fight, and by tonite I will have all my planets restored. Needless to say revenge will be coming soon to the enemy in the form of 3 alliances. Actually this was my first big fight and I did pretty good. I did loose rank and population, though.
For some reason my pms are not working, so please send massondragon a great big thank you! I will pm him if the INBOX starts working again. How about you guys, is the Inbox working for you??? :confused:
I do not believe I will be playing next beta. This game is somewhat fun but too time-consuming and labor intense. It is like having another job!
I already have a real job, plus SWF.com. I can't take on a 3rd one! :D

elfdoctors

Originally posted by belothsurf
Ouch! Looks like The Core took a pretty bad beating. That must have been a heck of an attack.

The opposition sent an ASTOUNDING number of fleets at the CORE that were all launched around midnight (eastern time) last night.
We estimated that they spent over $A5,000,000 in fleet. Many of the fleets were destroyed. (e.g. StacyT went up at least 4 player levels.) However, many of the fleets did get through and did lots of damage as you can see from the rankings. Some of the CORE lost 200 points within a 12 hour period.
My transfer balance is now $173,487. I spent all I had to help with the defense.
It was a nice run while it lasted. I don't think that an American alliance has a chance at victory in this game as there was MUCH more resistance than we expected.
The game will last a few days longer because of the attacks.

elfdoctors

People don't tend to discriminate based solely on country of nationality. However, when it was pointed out that most of the NEMOs were American, it made it easier for different alliances to work together.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Are you all experiencing problems with access to your pms or the AW forum?? I still can not get in, or access my incoming pms. This is a pain as I am in the middle of an offensive strike and I am getting pms from the enermy! As well as BTA member and NAP players.
This is one that I don't like about this game....bugs. Its unfair disadvantage.