Astrowars

stacyt

Beth,
Thats not an uncommon practice. Lots of people do that, especially in the begining of the beta.
belothesurf,
Tell massondragon that myself, and elfdoctors have been trying to help you out in the game. Ask him if there is any chance that he can help you out in that area, and if there is anything he can do for you.
Edit: Also massondragon is a reefer. Might mention to him that you are as well.

russianspy

I conlinated a plaent and it says I need more culture
I thought for every 1 level of cultur you could have a planet, I have 2 plaents now and my culture is at 3. ARGG, Did it araive before my culture hit Leval 3?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, that is what happened. If you have a Biology Level 12, then you can effectively use the calcualator to see exactly when your launched fleet will arrive before you actaully send them [check the box at the bottom of the calculator]. This will help you to keep from launching before your culture goes up. Your fleet should still be there, they will need to be re-launched, however.
One thing I learned recently is that if you are interested in conquering planets outside of your system [and that is the name of the game in AW], then get that Energy Level up. Also, go to a free planet first, then launch an attack from "within" the enemy system. Otherwise, the defender has as much as 3 days notice of your fleets coming his way. 3 days is a lot of time to throw up a formidable defense. I learned that one the hard way. :nope:
Go with a sizeable fleet too and I don't mean just DSs, unless you have 5000.
I don't know about the theroy that large SBs attract attackers. So far my 10 SB on each planet has kept attacks down to zero so far.

belothsurf

Originally posted by StacyT
Beth,
belothesurf,
Tell massondragon that myself, and elfdoctors have been trying to help you out in the game. Ask him if there is any chance that he can help you out in that area, and if there is anything he can do for you.
Edit: Also massondragon is a reefer. Might mention to him that you are as well.

Cool, Thanks for the "insider" info. I may need every bit of help I can get in a few days.
I went to the BTA site and they have all their members, and The RTA, mapped out. It's pretty neat.

elfdoctors

Originally posted by RussianSpy
I conlinated a plaent and it says I need more culture
I thought for every 1 level of cultur you could have a planet, I have 2 plaents now and my culture is at 3. ARGG, Did it araive before my culture hit Leval 3?

It may have arrived after your culture hit level 3. However, the culture level increases only take effect AFTER you log in. You have to make sure you log in after the culture goes up and before your fleet gets there.
Also, the quickest way to get back to that planet is to launch back at the same planet.

stacyt

beth & belothesurf what are your AW names? I'd like to send you PM's, but dont want to post the info I need in public.

belothsurf

beth & belothesurf what are your AW names? I'd like to send you PM's, but dont want to post the info I need in public.

Right now, it is spot. I have asked to join the Spanish alliance HNU, so it may be " El Spotto" soon.....he-he, just kidding.

belothsurf

Originally posted by RussianSpy
Whats you energy level? Everyboy

I'm at 16 energy. Which brings up a question I've been meaning to ask.
At what level would I start to see a minimal increase in speed?
It looks like from the scale, that the increase in speed starts decreasing in increments per level, and has to become negligable at some point.
I see though that the average of the top 100 is about 19. Is that a good level to reach?

stacyt

Thanks belothesurf I sent you a reply.
I'll send you a PM later as well Beth.
Energy lvl 18 is where I really noticed the biggest increase in speed. Last beta I stoped around 22, and I was lighting fast. Having a high energy lvl is very beneficial. If you plan your attacks correctly you can hit your enemy in his sleep, and he'll never have a chance to put up a fight.
Almost the 1st 2-3 weeks of the beta most of my victims never even saw us coming. Watch the login habits of the players around you, and most will have a pattern. Use that to your advantage.

elfdoctors

Here's my sciences right now:
Biology 20
Economy 14
Energy 19
Math 19
Physics 19
Social 22
I have a racial -2 to speed so my speed is improving but is still not great. Instead of looking at the total percentage drop per level of energy, remember that the speeds to whatever planets you want to travel to will drop by 10% for every energy level you achieve. (e.g. if it takes 20 hours to travel to a certain planet, it will drop to 18 hours if you can increase your energy. Since you are generally looking at travelling farther away as the beta goes on, further increases in energy are always valuable. Also remember that you get a game point for every science level achieved above 20. (Last beta you got a game point for every science level achieved).

ffishermen

here are piddly lvl's
bio-8
eco-0
ene-9
math-7
phy-11
soc-11
go adhead and laugh:) but i have only been playing since August 9.
and i have 7 planets.
later

belothsurf

Thanks belothesurf I sent you a reply.
Hey Stacy, I have done what you asked. I have tried to send you a pm, in game, but I'll be ....danged...if everytime I'm ready to click on to "send", I lose my connection, and I had to start over........dial up is frustrating.............
Spot

elfdoctors

I hate when that happens. I have gotten into the habit of copying my message before I press submit. If you have been timed out of the game, you can then paste your message back in with much less effort than would we required if you tried to do it over.

elfdoctors

You must have hit player level 1. Congratulations.
In the trade screen, you can sell the supply unit you just got if you didn't use it to build something. You can also buy artifacts when you can afford them. You can transfer money to other players, join an alliance, make trade agreements. As you get higher player levels you will have more choices available to you.
If you decide to sell your supply unit, try to sell it when the price is low. There is a lot of price variation right now. 2/3 of the price that you will get is dependent on the new price. You will get a higher amount if you sell when the price is low. This is not intuitively obvious. I sold my first SU and then usually use additional ones for level 13 or higher architecture.

ffishermen

question: me & my alie are fighting it out with a single player in a system. he has threaten that another player w/ a bio 23 will bring in a fleet in 4 days. just curious if he is for real or just blowing smoke. he says his star is 100 parsecs from us.
just wanted to get some feed back if this is a common ploy.
just conquered my 8 planet

later

stacyt

Sometimes people do contact people with BIO 23, and invite them out to the outer rims for some fun. I have BIO 23, and can launch my fleet anywhere in the entire AW universe. Going to the outer rims with my fleet would be fun, as I could easily take out any players in the rims. Whats the name of the player that threatened you?

elfdoctors

Most of the time it is just a ploy. I am not aware that astrowars even measures distances in parsecs. Take the guy out of his misery. Then his ally will not have any airports to launch to.