Astrowars

ffishermen

his name is Graciamen, spain. my alie is also from spain so he didn't like that he teamed up with an american:D
thanks

stacyt

I agree with elfdoctors, that it's most likely a ploy. Take him out, and do it quickly.
You could also mention that you know a few BIO 23 players as well.

russianspy

My Allie and me are going to send our ships to 1 planet, Will our ships attack each other instead of the planet? If so is there ayway to register so we don't kill one of another?

belothsurf

Originally posted by ffishermen
just curious if he is for real or just blowing smoke. he says his star is 100 parsecs from us.

Actually, parsecs refer to the distance that the time it takes for a fleet to travel, minus the racial difference, versus the width of the fleet, times the percentage level of the highest science level gained ( add how many logins you have), and subtract that from your science level reached, plus 1 per planet, with a score of 210 or greater, minus your lowest science, and add that to your highest level planet......unless your highest level planet is under seige......that's a parsec.......... :notsure:
Wasn't a parsec, a measure of distance or time in some science fiction movie? Star Wars maybe?

belothsurf

Originally posted by RussianSpy
My Allie and me are going to send our ships to 1 planet, Will our ships attack each other instead of the planet? If so is there ayway to register so we don't kill one of another?

I remember asking this question, many pages ago..... :D
The first fleet to arrive, will attack the planet and it's owner. If it wins, the first fleet will be seiging that planet. If another fleet arrives, it will attack the 1st fleet seiging the planet.
There is no way to remove a launched fleet.
:D

elfdoctors

Originally posted by belothsurf
Wasn't a parsec, a measure of distance or time in some science fiction movie? Star Wars maybe?

A parsec is a real life measurement. I don't think that it has any equivalent in the game.
Webster's defines a parsec as "a unit of astronomical distance, corresponding to that distance at which an object has an annual parallax of one second of arc, equal to 206,265 astronomical units, or 3.26 light years, or 3.09 x 10 to the 13th power kilometers.
I hope that helps you plan for the oncoming attacks!

belothsurf

Originally posted by elfdoctors
Webster's defines a parsec as "a unit of astronomical distance, corresponding to that distance at which an object has an annual parallax of one second of arc, equal to 206,265 astronomical units, or 3.26 light years, or 3.09 x 10 to the 13th power kilometers.

.................I knew that....................
:D

elfdoctors

I wanted to thank everyone who signed in under the link in the first post. I just moved into the rankings (41st place) for highest referral bonus for the first time today. It isn't much of a bonus - equivalent to 3/4 of a single galactic cybernet, but it's something. Thanks!
My rankings have suffered. I have clearly changed from a point scoring mode into a support mode (which was my original intent when I chose my race for this beta). I am now able to generate ~800 PP's/hr.
The upcoming end game will be fun. There may be an announcement about the NEMO alliance soon.

elfdoctors

Originally posted by RussianSpy
How do you raise your points? I think I'm at 17....What do you create to raise it?

The number of game points you have is usually right next to your rank (either on the planets overview page or in your profile if you click on your own name in a map screen). These points are achieved for 1) each population level you have 2) 3 points for each player level you achieve and 3) each science level you achieve above level 20.
I forgot your username in AW's. I could look up your player profile and find out exactly how many points you had at the 5pm (Central time) update.

ffishermen

what do you guys do when you go on vacation and won't be near a computer? do you have one of your allies take over while your gone.
later

elfdoctors

Account sitting is done relatively frequently but is officially illegal. You have to be very careful to not be declared a multi as that can end your game.
Posts in "The Aquarium" do not increase our post totals. Posts in all the other forums will.

elfdoctors

I am happy to announce to the new players here that the CORE (who is currently in first place by a wide margin) is actually a sub-alliance of the NEMO alliance! The NEMOs put our best players in this alliance to try to win the game. (I was actually in consideration for this but I didn't really have a scoring race.) Nemos have never won a beta before.
However, this is not a done deal. Numerous alliances are threatening to attack us (particularly, IonStorm, SOTG, CO and a few others). We have plans to defeat the invaders to preserve the win but it may be difficult.
If any of the players here are interested in helping, we are definitely interested in donations to help our warriors (+4 attack players) have larger fleets. You could play a part in achieving a victory in this game. Transfers would be best made to our banker. If you are interested, message me in the game and I will give you more information.
Go NEMOs! (and CORE)!
@sammystingray - a merger with TZAR is not a done deal. Negotiations are still in progress. The only major benefit is for someone else to pay to host a secure website.

russianspy

Originally posted by elfdoctors
However, this is not a done deal. Numerous alliances are threatening to attack us (particularly, IonStorm, SOTG, CO and a few others). We have plans to defeat the invaders to preserve the win but it may be difficult.

Got any names, I'm rising fast in military strength because all my scince is on MATH & PHYSICS, So send me some names and i'll join in

russianspy

OH NO!!!!!
I have had bio 6 for a while and could see systems next to me and saw this but never took anythig of it but know at bio 8 i'm concerned
THE FRENCH HAVE ME SURROUNDED...all the systems around me for about 3 systems around are being conquered by french teams....MY allie is Swiss and I think he might leave me...O NO!! I'm doomed there everywhere, coudl i be in a worse spot!
:scared: :scared: :scared: