Baby Names!!!!

alyssia

Originally Posted by crimzy
When my wife was pregnant, she liked the name "Hunter". I wasn't a big fan of it personally but it is unusual.

I don't think Hunter is unusual-it's actually pretty common in my kids' school.

jerth6932

Ouch.... I am losing in this battle.... By half!!!! Dang it..... I need some more yes votes.....lol. Lil' Rome would be a great name!!!!! But I asked and you have responded..... Keep voteing..... I like the response!!!!

jerth6932

Originally Posted by alyssia
That sounds REALLY cute!
THX..... I hope our baby likes the room too..... It doesn't get to much of a choice but...... I can always hope!!!!!

jerth6932

Originally Posted by Farmboy
My sister was a "Days" fan. Roman was a character on there. If Rome is short for Roman, then I'm all in favor. Rome by itself. . . .Ok. (you know Roman would be shortened to Rome for a nick name anyway)

See I hate the name Roman........Kinda lame to me that is why It would just be Rome...... .................................................... I am losing this battle ....aren't I???

Dang it...

jerth6932

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE

he's right. while its cool to have your son/daughter with a funky name, do not forget that they have to get through middle and high school. and although its only 6-7 years of your life that they would have to endure torture and name calling, its perhaps 6-7 of the most important years.
jonathan davis of "Korn" named his son "pirate", and gweneth paltrow named her daughter "apple"
their poor kids are going to suffer severe mental trauma in the years to come.
I would of loved the name Rome..... It think it is a name of power!!!!! There is a star out there that named their son "Audio Science"........... come on now......

jmick

Yeah, that's a tough one. I'm all for names that are a little different but I'm not a fan of Rome (makes me think of Romulus and Remus). We went with Colin Kenneth for our first boy and if we have another boy we are going with Deklan James.

joyful23

Don't like Roman, but LOVE ROME!!! I like the unusual names. We have a Rheagan, Logan (girl), and a Landon Dane.

jerth6932

Originally Posted by Sarah Fair
Well I like it but you have to think about your kid...and other kids. You have to think of the names they will call him. Right now I cant think of a way to think of making fun of it but Im sure some obnoxious kid will
I named my son Beau Bradley...I liked Beau and his daddy liked Bradley and of course Im the one going through all this so I get to pick the first name..of course
Why dont you go "ROAM" around.... "ROME" ...... I was one of those kids.... I can come up with names for any one.......But you also have to know the person to come up with the name.....

emperor11

Originally Posted by rberhow
Hmmm, just doesn't have sound right to me
Of course, I like unique names for every other kid i guess.....
Vianna
Adam
Caeden
:notsure:
THATS SOO AWESOME RBER!!! One of your kids has the most awesome name ever...Adam. LOL
~Emp(guess what my name is)eror

shu-perman

First thing I thought was you were naming your kid after Jim Rome...ESPECIALLY since you also called your spouse a "hater".....
I personally like unique names but it is getting out of hand.....
How does "Rome" roll off the tongue when you add your last name???
For instance I like the name Hunter but Hunter Shumaker doesn't work....

jerth6932

Originally Posted by Shu-perman
First thing I thought was you were naming your kid after Jim Rome...ESPECIALLY since you also called your spouse a "hater".....
I personally like unique names but it is getting out of hand.....
How does "Rome" roll off the tongue when you add your last name???
For instance I like the name Hunter but Hunter Shumaker doesn't work....
Rome Rushton I think it sounds great!!!!!

jerth6932

And the reason she gets called a hater is cause she doesn't like anythink I do..... especially SWF tanks!!!! See what I mean..... HATER!!!!!
:hilarious

shu-perman

I can't vote anymore...I asked my g/f what she thought of naming a kid "Rome"and she asked "you mean like Jim?" hahhah so I asked her like this..what do you think of Rome Rushton for a name....she said "it would be ok if he turned out to be a stud HS QB...but only then"

jerth6932

I was our high school QB, and I was the Point Guard on the B-ball team..... So if he takes from me .... he could just fall in to that mold!!!