Back to basics- 29g adventure

snakeblitz33

Eric, it really depends on what my calcium and alkalinity levels are right now. I might start after I add some montipora or something.

Imforbis, it really depends on the species. I'm not an ID expert when it comes to flatworms, but they are mostly a nuisance. Some flat worms eat certain corals and some eat specific corals like acropora.

Thanks fishkiller, but I think I have my lighting situation handled for now.

snakeblitz33

Only found two flat worms after carefully scrutinizing the tank. Siphoned them out. Going to wait a week and decide if buying flat worm exit is going to be worth it. Opinions?

I am loving the new cheap Chinese led light that I purchased. Its pretty and just the right size. So far I am only running it at 30% on both channels because I don't want to bleach my existing coralline.

If it ever stops raining, I can get the roof built on my deck and then I'll have some money for the tank.

eric b 125

Only found two flat worms after carefully scrutinizing the tank. Siphoned them out. Going to wait a week and decide if buying flat worm exit is going to be worth it. Opinions?
I don't have any experience with flatworms, so I'm not sure how much of a pest they are... but flatworm exit is only like $20, and since your tank doesn't have anything that could potentially be affected by it, I think it would be worth doing now.

snakeblitz33

Just purchased five assorted damsels. Since I have not given up on sps corals, seeing damsels peeking in and out of the rocks are pretty,... And my wife and daughter love them.

Finally have some movement in the tank while I get the tank established.

I figure that I will buy a coral a week at the fish store starting next week.

snakeblitz33

Lol. You have never seen a damsel before? Lol.

Lots of movement in the tank. I'm loving it.

My peppermint shrimp went into hiding. He no longer has free range of the tank. Lol.

I'm collecting water for a ten gallon water change. Not sure if I am going to do it tomorrow or Sunday.

I got a mason jar and modified it into a kalkwasser top off unit. I like it so far. I will be dripping in a little kalk starting tomorrow morning. I really would like to see some coralline start growing before I add some sps corals to the tank.

snakeblitz33

I decided to try to cut out a lot of sugar and caffeine in my diet to try to lose some weight. Going to try to cut out a lot of dairy and fats as well. I have about three months before my son is born,... And I want to look like a strong father figure in the pics. Lol.

novahobbies

Yes, but I'd like to see YOUR damsels....in YOUR tank! :) Way to go on cutting out sugar and caffeine. I did that for a while and I'll be honest....doing that ALONE makes a world of difference.

...of course, as I type this I'm sitting here with a 20 ounce Coke next to me, so you can see that it didn't stick. I'm not that great a role model apparently. LOL

snakeblitz33

eric, two black and white stripe, two blue devils, one yellow tail damsel. They are the most active fish I have had in a while.

I have dosed my tank a few times now with kalkwasser top off. Its making the coralline go crazy. I'm considering putting in an order at Harry's if I can figure out my PayPal thing again.

My diet is going well so far. Still having some headaches but now I'm just really tired. I hope to pull out of this slump in a week or so.

snakeblitz33

Im down to three damsels. No idea what happened to the other two. Going to add three more this Saturday and buy a coral.

Coralline is spreading like wild fire. Good sign, I think, that the system is healthy and happy.

snakeblitz33

I ended up not buying a coral. I tucked back some cash for one next week. If I take a long time to save up, I might as well order from Harry's.

I want SPS but my wife wants soft corals. I'm torn, because I know that I won't have a whole lot of time for tank maintenance after my baby boy gets here. Oh well, I'll figure it out.

pegasus

I ended up not buying a coral. I tucked back some cash for one next week. If I take a long time to save up, I might as well order from Harry's.

Who's Harry?

I want SPS but my wife wants soft corals. I'm torn, because I know that I won't have a whole lot of time for tank maintenance after my baby boy gets here. Oh well, I'll figure it out.
My wife wanted soft corals. I didn't want soft corals. So we compromised... and got soft corals. LMAO!!! Other than the cost, there's no reason you can't have both. Softies are generally cheaper, so get her some of those first. Once you've gotten her something, it makes it a lot easier to justify buying SPS. After 10 years of marriage, you should know this... :cool:

PS: It's a lot easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission. Be very, very careful how you use that tip...

snakeblitz33

My wife wanted soft corals. I didn't want soft corals. So we compromised... and got soft corals. LMAO!!! Other than the cost, there's no reason you can't have both. Softies are generally cheaper, so get her some of those first. Once you've gotten her something, it makes it a lot easier to justify buying SPS. After 10 years of marriage, you should know this... :cool:

PS: It's a lot easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission. Be very, very careful how you use that tip...yeah, I know. I've lived by that quote for years. Harry's frags look em up.