barry bonds is at 740 now

pontius

Darryl Strawberry was never scrawny. he may have looked that way because he was over 6'5, but he was actually quite built. there are no scrawny powerhitters and as far as I know, there never has been. steroids help hand-eye coordination and size, which increases power.

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by TX Reef
You can be the strongest person on the field and never hit a homer if you don't have the right swing.
lou ferrigno couldnt hit a homer if he didnt make the right contact.
it is all about the swing.
look at scrawny a-rod.
he's the other player that will break hank's record.

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Ok. But gramps cant hit a homer even if he has a good swing. It actually matters where the ball hits the bat. Thats up to the placement of the pitchers throw. There is a couple inches n the bat thatll hit a homer.
you are right.
you need good wood to drive the ball.
just like in golf.

cowfishrule

Who ever said Barry was on steroids? :hilarious
you are right.
i have not seen any evidence of this.
they only thing they can bring barry down with is tax fraud.
i say- if you have proof, show it.

ophiura

Originally Posted by Pontius
instead of starting a new thread everytime he hits a homerun, can't you just add to the other 3 threads that have already been started? is there something new to discuss about Bonds and homeruns?

There is still a chance!

seasalt101

too me it just seems there are alot of barry haters out there, jason giambi was cheered in new york, steroid user, rafael palmeiro was cheered in baltimore, steroid user, mark maguire was cheered in st louis, steroid user all by dirty test barry bonds who never tested dirty but did admit to using them unknowingly gets booed on this board anyway he should be looked up to for admitting it but everybody wants to hate, makes them feel better i guess, by the way in my cancer treatment they gave me steroids i guess i'm just biased because of that...tobin

pontius

Originally Posted by ophiura
There is still a chance!
lol, a chance for what? a chance that my head might explode from these continued "Bonds hits another HR" threads?

triga22

Most deff a chance for that. Or a chance that he will get some sense in his head and not post it cause no one likes barry or just use the same one.

seasalt101

call it what you want the FACT remains he has never tested dirty, your just worried because hank was a braves player and you want that record to stay attached to a braves player, sorry it's going to be a giants player very soon, can you hear the clock ticking?..tobin

tx reef

lol, a chance for what? a chance that my head might explode from these continued "Bonds hits another HR" threads?
Don't open them if they bother you....

seasalt101

so pontius in this country we have freedoms one of those is you don't have to read them but if your head explodes from reading them i will miss you....tobin

triga22

I dont care if someone beats it. I just want it to be a ligit player. Which nowdays there are none. I wouldnt mind it be anyone, accept Barry. Im just going to celebrate all I can and make 101 threads when Barry goes down the drain and is beatn' by another player. Also when they dont let him in the hall of fame. Hall of shame he's a first class member there boy.

pontius

Originally Posted by seasalt101
so pontius in this country we have freedoms one of those is you don't have to read them but if your head explodes from reading them i will miss you....tobin
1. "freedom of speech" has nothing to do with a privately owned internet message board.
2. Ophiura, a forum moderator, seemed to be agreeing with me if I catch her drift right. so maybe the next Bonds thread you start will be closed, as it should be, because starting the same useless thread over and over is called "forum SPAM" which is a violation of this board's rules.

triga22

1. "freedom of speech" has nothing to do with a privately owned internet message board.
2. Ophiura, a forum moderator, seemed to be agreeing with me if I catch her drift right. so maybe the next Bonds thread you start will be closed, as it should be, because starting the same useless thread over and over is called "forum SPAM" which is a violation of this board's rules.
IDK bout you but I just reported this thread.

pontius

IDK bout you but I just reported this thread.
I haven't, because I thought I would be nice enough to suggest keeping the Bonds discussions to maybe 1 or 2 threads. but yeah, I will definitely report the next one that gets started because it is spam and it is very annoying to see a new Bonds thread started by the same person everytime I come on here.

ophiura

1) Please keep all discussions civil...and that goes for those just discussing the players.
2) I would personally prefer you have one thread about this, rather than one for every homer. It is just an issue from the moderating standpoint as you can see that it is a heated topic. I would prefer fewer topics when discussing the same exact thing. Thanks!
SOME people don't need to open every one, that is true, but mods do. So far as I can tell, there is no reason to open a new thread for each homer, just like there is not a new American Idol thread (thank goodness!) every week.
You are welcome to discuss this, just keep it civil and organized please!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
If there is an active topic going on any subject, members need to post in that signal topic if the wish to discuss it, not create several related topics.

adroitmind

Barry Bonds quote of the day:
"Hey you I'm feeling a little deflated. Could you stick this in my ass and push, thanks."
Spoken with bent needle in hand to a teammate who he doesn't even know the name of.