barry bonds is at 740 now

ruaround

blah blah blah... barry will alway have an * by his name... good for him...
go barry go...
where did the cheer leader smiley go??? lmao...

lovethesea

Originally Posted by reefraff
I wonder what kind of exercise Bonds did to make his head grow

omg

thank you !!!

reefraff

Bonds is just another reason for people to be turned off of baseball.
Say what you want but the extra muscle makes it a lot easier to put a ball out of the park even if you miss the sweet spot.
Anyone else old enough to remember when baseball players had some team/fan loyalty?

R

reefernana

Bonds is just another reason for people to be turned off of baseball.
Say what you want but the extra muscle makes it a lot easier to put a ball out of the park even if you miss the sweet spot.
Anyone else old enough to remember when baseball players had some team/fan loyalty?
I'm plenty old enough to remember. I, also, have seen baseball become "big business", just like football, basketball and hockey. There is no fan/team loyalty in any sport nowadays. Get real. Barry has always worked out hard for that 'extra muscle' as you put it. His work ethic cannot be questioned. Like I said before, he is still continually putting them out of the park long after the testing started. All I know is that man is the reason the Giants lead all other teams in game attendance. He puts the butts in the seats. And that is with the Giants in last place. Most teams would love to have a player like that, we're just lucky enough to have that one!

reefraff

My brother worked out a lot too. Then someone at the gym turned him on to steroids and the change was incredible. He only took them for a short time, little over a year but they did the trick.
I don't follow Hocky enough to know but it seems like there is a lot more shuffling around in Baseball looking for the big payday than there is in football and basketball.

cowfishrule

I wonder what kind of exercise Bonds did to make his head grow

probably the same one that roger clemens used.
have you seen how large he's become over the years?

lovethesea

once this moron retires, they will have an empty stadium. That doesn't say much for the baseball team OR the fans

seasalt101

Originally Posted by lovethesea
once this moron retires, they will have an empty stadium. That doesn't say much for the baseball team OR the fans

they are in the works to aquire a-rod now you guys are just a bunch of haters against a guy that has NEVER failed a steroid test by the way he was again voted to the all-star game...tobin

lovethesea

when was his last steroid test?? Probably after his "time off" to heal/think about retirement? Too convenient.
I am not a hater.......just a hater of folks who are trying to get ahead by cheating. Remember.......steroids were not outlawed just frowned upon, because they were a form of cheating. He only started crying foul when they were outlawed. the side effects were impossible to hide and he denided involvement in a major scandal. If these guys would just admit it and move on, it would make things a lot more civil. It wasn't ilegal at the time, so why lie about their involvement.

R

reefernana

Oh, the SF Giants will continue on just fine without Barry. We'll probably just replace him with the next super star. You sure have taken this issue quite seriously though. Why does it upset you so much?

reefraff

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
probably the same one that roger clemens used.
have you seen how large he's become over the years?
The 250cc push

cowfishrule

The San Francisco Giants star overcame a 119,000-vote deficit in the final days of balloting and finished 123,000 ahead of the Chicago Cubs' Alfonso Soriano on Sunday to claim the third and final starting outfield spot for the National League.
- si.com 7/2/07
good for him. and, its in his home park, so he'll recieve the welcome that he deserves.
i would seriously challenge anybody's enjoyment of the game if any player was boo'd at an allstar game.
i hope he splashes 2 at the game.

lovethesea

Originally Posted by reefernana
Oh, the SF Giants will continue on just fine without Barry. We'll probably just replace him with the next super star. You sure have taken this issue quite seriously though. Why does it upset you so much?

I
don't doubt that they will fill their stadium. Someone stated that Bonds is the reason the "butts are in the seats" in their stadium.
This bugs people becasue most of these players are lying. They are paid crazy amounts of money and they still need to cheat. And at some point MLB turned their backs to it until they couldn't any longer.
I question if his home runs during the all star game will count.

cowfishrule

I
I question if his home runs during the all star game will count.

no, they dont. its not a regular season game.
same goes for post-season homers.

R

reefernana

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
The San Francisco Giants star overcame a 119,000-vote deficit in the final days of balloting and finished 123,000 ahead of the Chicago Cubs' Alfonso Soriano on Sunday to claim the third and final starting outfield spot for the National League.
- si.com 7/2/07
good for him. and, its in his home park, so he'll recieve the welcome that he deserves.
i would seriously challenge anybody's enjoyment of the game if any player was boo'd at an allstar game.
i hope he splashes 2 at the game.
Well said!!!