Been a while but I have new stuff for all of you :) 08/24/11

I just changed some saltwater and put fresh water in it. Ill check the salinity tomorrow to see where it's at. Yeah so far I got todays down but like you said the next 3 to 5 days I will check then ill go ahead and throw in some hermits and snails so they can clean up some of the crap in there! I wont be getting any livestock for about another 2 weeks. I wanna make sure my tank is set and ready to go for that... I am craving for some movement in there LOL! This process takes to long but it will be worth it at the end! I want the salinity, and everything else just right then ill add my first little fish (small green chromis) and some type of frag just to see how they do for a week and if they seem alright then let the games begin!! :) loll

*UPDATE*
YESSS! Today finally came were I could put new stuff in my tank that actually moves and adds color to it. Pics below :)

Blue and Green Chromis! About 1" and he swims everywere so he is picture friendly. He is a try out fish but I'm sure ill end up keeping him.

Green Star Polyp frag. Got it for 15 bucks so I snagged it. Not all the way opened but will be soon

Bought a few new pieces of rock, they r the top pieces.. i dont know if i like them there but for now it's okay till I figure out another spot to put them... suggestions will be great on were yall think they will look nice at

Close up pic of the tank... again the little fish loves getting pics taken of him lol

Had to buy me a little Jacque :) He's little over 1"
I was suprised my BlackBerry could take such clear and good pics!

wargasm

Congrats man! It has to be exciting to get your first fish. I will be getting mine when I get back home to Cali. I am going to get a True Perc and another but not sure what. Tank is looking really nice man!

Thanks bro! U live in Cali?! I literally just got home from there! LA. I was there for about a week. The weather is amazinggg up there... compared to Houston! Yeah I went today right when I got home. I just changed my rock work a bit... it was annoying me how it was in the pics i just posted. Im picky on how I want my rock work lol. Yeah I saw 10 true perc clowns today! I was soooo tempted to just get two but I went with a safer route and payed 6 bucks for this little guy i have now lol. He swims through the caves I have and everything... fun to just lay on my bed and watch lol. Thanks btw! Ill post a new pic of wat it looks like now in about 10 min. How long have u had ur tank for?

MHHHHHH MUCHH BETTERRR!!

Thanks meowzer! Oh yes very much... wat ill do to test it is kinda jump up and down lol or shake the intable a bit and if they fall then they gotta be in a better place but other then that if it doesnt... its not going no were lol

wargasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoReefer91 http:///forum/thread/386436/update-biocube-14-pics/20#post_3398060
Thanks bro! U live in Cali?! I literally just got home from there! LA. I was there for about a week. The weather is amazinggg up there... compared to Houston! Yeah I went today right when I got home. I just changed my rock work a bit... it was annoying me how it was in the pics i just posted. Im picky on how I want my rock work lol. Yeah I saw 10 true perc clowns today! I was soooo tempted to just get two but I went with a safer route and payed 6 bucks for this little guy i have now lol. He swims through the caves I have and everything... fun to just lay on my bed and watch lol. Thanks btw! Ill post a new pic of wat it looks like now in about 10 min. How long have u had ur tank for?
Yea I live about 30 miles south of LA between there and San Diego. I love the weather in southern Cali and all of the main saltwater wholesalers are in SoCal as well. I have heard that having two false percs may cause problems but I don't know how true that is because it was the first I had heard it. The owner of one of the local LFS' there in Cali told me that and I had to wonder. Chromis' are cool little fish I had 2 or 3 a few years back but they literally disappeared so I am not sure what happened to them.

So after taking apart ALLLL my rock work to get ONE fish out so I can add my clowns in there I finally got the rock work back to were it was... took a good 4 to 5 hours to finally be satisfied with how it is, I got the chromis out and added 2 ocellaris clowns... ones less then a inch and the other is about a inch. Up close you can def tell the size different but the pics dont really give out the size of them but other then that I bought a Fuzzy horn coral and Xenia that's already growing to my rock
. The clowns seem to be getting along really well!! They swim by eachother more then 85% of the time and I love it! Means I got a great pair. Hopefully real soon Ill have all type of zoas and mushrooms at the bottom of my tank around my rock work. I think that would be really nice. Here are some pics! Let me know what yall thing :)

nano-newb1983

love the tank man, its coming along awesome. i would put the GSP on sand, so it doesent take over all the rocks. it can grow pretty quick

kiefers

Like the rock work!! nice job. keep the pics coming. I am getting my cube up and running, still in the cycle. That looks nice

Very nice rock work. I cannot wait until my tank finishes cycling so I can add more livestock! Patience is key in this hobby!

Thank u for the comments!! :) Guess what? New addition to the tank! Check it!
It's a nice piece to put on the floor... first addition to the zoa/mushroom garden that I wanna start around my rock work so yah
OH! Quick question... saw a orange spotted filefish i really liked and a Neon Dotty Back and I was wondering would one of them do with my 2 little nemos. Last time I got a dotty back it was mean to my other fishs i had in my aquarium but idk about the filefish either. The filefish would be a GREAT color addition to my tank... what do yall think?

I haven't kept yall up dated in a whole month. So far I am pleased to have far my tank has came. Nothing has died so that's a blessing :)
From the last time I posted I had gotten a nice piece of coral... since then I have bought myself a Yashi Goby. I love this little guy... great personality and the funny part is that he kinda host my Xenia loll!! Never seen a goby do that before so he is always out front. Bought myself a torch coral, mushrooms, a frag with zoas and xenia attached to it and a pretty big piece of GSP. I'm not sure what other fish I want to put in so suggestions are needed. I would love some color to the tank.... that's what i go for everytime i buy a fish or a piece of coral.

1guydude

i suggest some nice piece of LPS for that top rock! Blastos are kool!
you need a show piece! Ur tank is looking good though!
If not a LPS than some nice colored palys on top!

1GuyDude: I really do need a show piece... i never thought about it till you brought it up. Im trying to cover as much rock as possible with all sorts of corals and same with the sand just around the live rock. What Ill prob do is move the torch coral from the middle since its only one head and move it to the side some where and put like 7 head frogspawn coral right there. Glue it to the rock so it will never move and let it blossom every were. If not that then ill put some really nice colored Palys on top. Do you think I could get one more fish. My nemos are super small and so is my yashi goby.
NanoNewb: Thanks bro, for having it almost 4 months I like where I am at. Just some more hear and there stuff and i think ill be done....MAYBE...stuff is addicting. One area im having problems putting coral is the left side of my tank. It seems like more light hits the right then the left.?.?
Sweatervest: Appreciate it! Yeah I saw the yashi goby at one of my marine fish stores and it was a must buy deal lol. If i can find a pistol shrimp to pair it up with Ill def do it. i have a cleaner shrimp in there he is just always hiding when the lights are on. When they are half off he will come out to play lol or when it's feeding time he goes crazy! I just have regular biocube lights. In the pic I can see why u would ask. I just bought a droid smart phone and the pics come out really great on it. Wish they were a big bigger though.

jerth6932

Very nice growth. Those green star polyps are going to take that whole tank over...... You need to figure out a way to stop their spread where you want them, because they get going and are hard to get rid of....... IMO.
I would find some nice, bright acan's or such to add some more color and pop. The whole show piece is a great idea.

1guydude

+1 on the acans! Like i said....acans are LPS! Ur choices are limited though i think....r ur lights power compacts? (pc)
or do u have the mh or led biocube???
ive got a goby/pistol combo and its kinda kool...u really dont see the shrimp that much though! I thought about getting a diff kind or pistol that was a lot bigger but i didnt want my randall to become a snack for him!
I have two diff types of frogspawn in one of my tanks...i wanna get a hammer though!