BEST aquarium in the US!

fisherson

what is it?
I want to plan a vacation and i'm looking to find an outstanding aquarium with alot of reef displays.
Anyone have any recomendations?

alyssia

What is the Boston aquarium like? I was there when I was like 10 or something and all I can remember is walking up a spiral ramp around the tank.

fisherson

the one in georgia is supposed to be one of the biggest in the world.
If you look at there website there's a pic of a guy standing next to tank that completely towers over him...makes me drool
i'm thinking about that one right now as a good one to check out.
(haven't been to georgia since basic training
)

rubberduck

Originally Posted by fisherson
the one in georgia is supposed to be one of the biggest in the world.
If you look at there website there's a pic of a guy standing next to tank that completely towers over him...makes me drool
i'm thinking about that one right now as a good one to check out.
(haven't been to georgia since basic training
)
Dude i heard the georgia one was Crazy awsome...they spent like tons of money and had to make admission high but its supposably one of the best in the world.
travis

kleinn

The best ones I've been to are the Monterey Bay Aquarium in CA (the BEST), followed by Scripps in La Jolla, CA, followed by Shedd in Chicago, followed by Henry Doorly Zoo's aquarium in Omaha Nebraska (the zoo is one of the best in the world with lots of nice bio-tope aquariums spread through out, but their aquarium's rare animal collection and tidal zone displays are also pretty good). I haven't been to Georgia's, but we're planning a grad school visit down there next spring so I'd love to check it out. I'm sure there are lots of other awesome aquariums, but these are my personal favorites!

mrdc

I've heard mixed reviews on the Atlanta aquarium. I will be going soon so I will post my opinion. My mom and daughter are going this weekend so we'll see what they think.

littlebuck

atlanta but its packed LOL go to the one in boston, havent been there in a while but it was pretty nice when i went. Also myrtle beach isnt to bad. plus ist like 70 out today cant beat the nice weather

mr_bill

I like SeaWorld here in San Diego. It's alot of walking but fun for the whole family and has some reeeeeeeeealy big tanks.

kogle

newport aquarium in Kentucky is pretty cool but maybe not as good as some of the others...
It was featured on the Discovery channel.
Spend the money, fly to Aulstrailia, and rent some scuba gear.

alyssia

Originally Posted by KOgle
newport aquarium in Kentucky is pretty cool but maybe not as good as some of the others...
It was featured on the Discovery channel.
Spend the money, fly to Aulstrailia, and rent some scuba gear.

Now their's a plan...

fishy7

Boston is ok but certainly not the best....go with the Australia trip with some scuba gear. GBR would be the best "aquarium" known to man.

dburr

I watched a show on the best ones, Boston, Shedd, and Hawaii were 3 of them. I think their was one more. :notsure: Hawaii grows out SPS for other aquariums, that's the best in my mind, I just need to get there myself.

crox

I'll definately would suggest the one in Atlanta. It looks great. by BTW the one in Mystic is also nice but I bet you have been there.

crox

But if you want to see NYC you can go also to the Coney Island Aquarium. :cheer: :cheer:

S

surfinusa

i would go to the monterey bay aquarium thats a AWESOME place to see kelp forests, reefs, giant sharks like 10 feet long, and aqqressive fish that place is the best aquarium EVER :jumping: