Best deal you ever got at LFS?

eaglephot

What is the best deal you have ever gotten at a LFS?
Mine was when I was in my early days in the hobby. I didn't know much about fish. Neither did the person helping me.
I wanted to buy four three striped Damsels to cycle my first tank. What I got was four three striped fish that were orange/red, black and white. I got 4 percula Clownfish for $3.99 each! It took me a week to find out what I had received.
What about you? It doesn't have to be a story if you don't have time to write it. It could be example: Queen Angel at $5.99. Tell us whether you took advantage of the situation or not. AND NO JUDGEMENT IN THIS THREAD! This is for fun only.
:cheer: :jumping: :happyfish

S

surfinusa

i got a 3in. dog faced puffer for 25 bucks now thats a pretty good deal

fedukeford

$75 for 4 hairy shrooms , around here thats DIRT CHEAP, but for you guys, thats probley wicked expensive

N

n_sarno

Free percula clown.. I bought a whole bunch of freshwater fish, and one Percula at Petcizzo and they must have rung it up wrong because I paid didnt even think about it at all because it will still quite expensive, drove all the way home and realized they rung up the clown as something else. I called to let them know of the mistake and the manager said just keep it :)

jr2857

Originally Posted by surfinusa
i got a 3in. dog faced puffer for 25 bucks now thats a pretty good deal

my local ***** is selling for $20!!!!

O

oreo12

yea ***** has some fish for low prices with your pals card just wach out for ich.

agent707

I can beat all of that. I lived on a tropical island (was stationed there) 'bout 15 years ago. I had an aquarium for about 1.5 years. Never paid a cent for anything that went in it.
I just went snorkling in the tide pools during low tide on the reef and would have buckets full of whatever fish I could catch. I had lots and lots of fish.
Lionfish, triggers, zillions of dansels (had something that ate them left and right), shrimp, lawnmovers were so easy to catch at night time with flashlights. lol
Also had tons of choice hand picked rocks... and of course I carried fresh ocean water to my tanks. So there was never any "cycling" or anything.
After 15 years, I'm finnally setting up a tank again... and "just now" finding out how dang expensive it is.
Though, I do have an Aunt that works in a LFS... so I have gotten a few good deals. Nothing stolen mind you. I pay for everything I get.

bigtang803

i bought a Red sea sail fin tang, and a rock with over 10 green richordia mushrooms on it for 40 dollars, i thought that was pretty good. the tang was as big around as a tennis ball. :jumping: :happyfish

alyssia

Originally Posted by Eaglephot
WOW! Lots of good deals! I would love to have the ocean as my petstore.

That would be AWESOME. :jumping:

rhomer

Free RO water until I got my own RO unit. Since I bought my tank from this store they gave me free RO water.
Rob

chipmaker

Two free neon gobys that they failed to ring up with a bunch of other stuff at *****....But the best was a big box/bag of corals, worth hundred of bucks, that was given to us for our order by accident at the LFS. You know the other individual with the other wrong order was sort of disturbed, since all I had in my intended order was common green star polyps, shrooms etc, nothing fancey just cheap stuff. His was some super fantastic corals. Yea, I returned them all as did the other fellow, but if it would have been a great distance involved to return it, the LFS would have had to bite that bullet, as 40 mile round roundtrip for exchange was not bad....Besides my lights would not have supported most of what was in that order of stuff.

unleashed

I always get great deals from my LFs(i spend a fortune in them) so its hard to say what the best one was but the most recent id have to say was the eels I got within the last 2 weeks and 2 fish this is my newest fish list
tessalata moray 2 1/2 ft $40
12 in jeweled moray (mexican dragon)$25
almost 3 in coral beauty $25
10-12 in lined eye sergeon (Acanthurus dussumieri Valenciennes)$45
damsels(feeders)$2.29 each