Best deal you ever got at LFS?

mrdc

Free shrooms and a large cleaner shrimp for $5. Thought is was a peepermint shrimp.

popnfrresh

Originally Posted by unleashed
damsels(feeders)$2.29 each
Im sorry to criticize you BUT why feed damsels to other fish. There are so many great alternatives to feed picky feeders. Why take a fish off of the reef just to feed it to one of your fish. Take a 10 gallon tank and throw 6 convict cichlids in there or throw 6 guppies/mollies/platies/swordtails. You can use something other than damsels... Mollies will even live in saltwater if they arent eaten right away...

cmiles

I got a zoo frag with at least 20 polyps for 5 dollars. Actually I got several of them, they are a beautiful orange.

coachklm

it is not recomended feeding freshwater fish to saltwater fish..
sorry but damsels will get eaten by eels all day long on the actual reef so he's not doing anything wrong....your right there are other alternatives but he's correct..

konrade

$200 skimmer for 25 dollars, a sfe for $5.00 3.5 inch coral beauty for 15 dolars. I have had a lot of good deals .

morales67

2 small angelfish;free (fw)1 very, very large angelfish(fw); $5 at a petsmart
:cheer: also a striped raphael(fw); free

darth tang

snowflake eel-8 dollars.
5 inch neon velvet-free
25 lb. rock---marked down to 10 or 15 lbs.
filter sleeves to cover powerheads-free
four seahorses---60% under normal price
green bird wrasse free (replaced one I had only for two months that died mysteriously)
500 nassarius snails 10.00
anemone crab- free
10 lb. rock- free
panther grouper- free
two canister filters free
protein skimmer-free
(of course it helps that I groom the LFS owner's dog for free. but I believe I am making out better in the end.)

batman1820

ok here's my list:
$1 tomato clown
$12 5 inch clown trigger at *****(marked as pelletfish... wth is a pelletfish?)
$7 snowflake eel
$3 yellow tang
and i'm sure theres plenty i'm forgetting. I know my LFS guy pretty well so he gives me good deals and free stuff every once in a while. I think its because i bring a lot of new customers to his place.
BTW, this "theilli clown" (think i spelled it wrong) is really rare? I cant even find a picture of it! If u got a pic, thatd be nice

reefiness

Originally Posted by Batman1820
ok here's my list:
$12 5 inch clown trigger at *****(marked as pelletfish... wth is a pelletfish?)
LOL :hilarious

my best deal was i went to the LFS and goe a rock of about 8 ricordea yumas, 1 nice size frag of pulsing xenia and 3 bright orange zoos for $30

popnfrresh

Originally Posted by coachKLM
it is not recomended feeding freshwater fish to saltwater fish..
sorry but damsels will get eaten by eels all day long on the actual reef so he's not doing anything wrong....your right there are other alternatives but he's correct..
well i disagree. If you breed your own fish then they are clean AND cheap AND your not taking a fish off the reef to be eaten. Regardless if fish are eaten on the reef its worse to take them off to feed your fish. AlMOST every fish can be trained to take non-live food. NOtice i said almost.
I know feeding some freshwater fish to marine can cause IBD but thats mostly with cases of feeding goldfish feeders to carnivors constantly overfeeding. Goldfish feeders are sickly and have HUGE skulls compared to most others. You want a marine fish to feed your stuff to, breed mollies as they can live in a saltwater environment.
Dont starve the reef and take more fish off of it just to feed your own fish.

rara12

I have a few.
Got a $9.00 convict tang
$2.00 for 20 small hermits
$1.99 for a really REALLY big feather duster.
$12 for 3 skunk cleaners.
$4.00 for a tux urchin.
umm i know i have more hold on let me check my tank

oh a $5.00 sebae
$4.oo condi
50 cents for a sexy shrimp
and my fav...(other then my tang) i glass shrimp for $14.00
not much of a deal but he is the collest thing ever.

coachklm

Originally Posted by popnfrresh
well i disagree. If you breed your own fish then they are clean AND cheap AND your not taking a fish off the reef to be eaten. Regardless if fish are eaten on the reef its worse to take them off to feed your fish. AlMOST every fish can be trained to take non-live food. NOtice i said almost.
I know feeding some freshwater fish to marine can cause IBD but thats mostly with cases of feeding goldfish feeders to carnivors constantly overfeeding. Goldfish feeders are sickly and have HUGE skulls compared to most others. You want a marine fish to feed your stuff to, breed mollies as they can live in a saltwater environment.
Dont starve the reef and take more fish off of it just to feed your own fish
but this is called The Food Chain whats the difference wheather it's out there or in your house?
ohh i just got 100lbs of LR for 75$

clown123

hippo tang for 3.99 at my ***** they thought it was a damsel i was like whatever. i laughed my self out of there i had to do it! but i payed for it my tank got ick n it died so god gave me payback! :mad:

cowfishrule

was either my 2 brown stripe adult discus for $30 (somebody put them in the wrong tank, and dood who netted them just charged me whatever was on the price tag)
or my bta that was stuck to an 8# piece of rock.
it was $25 for the bta, and the guy was like, hey, it stuck to the rock, so i'll just throw in the rock.
SCORE!!!!
FAT GUY-2
LFS- 0

unleashed

Originally Posted by popnfrresh
Im sorry to criticize you BUT why feed damsels to other fish. There are so many great alternatives to feed picky feeders. Why take a fish off of the reef just to feed it to one of your fish. Take a 10 gallon tank and throw 6 convict cichlids in there or throw 6 guppies/mollies/platies/swordtails. You can use something other than damsels... Mollies will even live in saltwater if they arent eaten right away...
well I guess ill have to explain myself on this one.I purchased a good sized tessalata eel 2 1/2 ft unfortunatly the previous owner and the LFS only fed this guy goldfish nothing more.was my intentions to keep feeding live? No it wasnt my sole purpose of damsels(btw everyone says get rid of damsels they are too agressive yada yada yada.I refuse to feed my sw fish any type of fw species period(if it doesnt liveor grow in the ocean its not sw fish food).yes I know mollies are brackish and can be easily acclimated to salt been there done that btw those at best cost were 89 cents each at 50 count or more.which i had to spend more cost on a a sep tank to acclimate them all the good stuff to have them last a whole week my agressive tank will take all 50 out in less than 5 min.so anyways back to the damsels.it was live sw fish damsels being the least expencive and best to work out a bulk rate with or take a chance of my new eel starving.I purchased 15 damsels to keep in his tank in the case i could not get this eels to feed on dead foods.you will be happy to know the tess is now stick feeding very well on dead foods i readily offer him.as for the damsels and your compasion towards their well being I would like to share out of 15 i have 12 remaining none eaten by the eel. but 3 killed off by the other damsels to have my hermit crab cleanup the remains.the rest add color and life to a less colorful tank with just one fish.and in my tanks the ell tank is accually the safest for damsels.but if thats all i could get him to feed on thats what id be buying.so before going crazy about using damsels as feeders please remember the damsels worst predetor is another damsel.i cant count how many damsels i have flushed due to aggression even in pods(6 or more) of them

rara12

i just got a second covict tang for $15.00 my first convict was lonely (the only fish besides one cardinal in my 30. And before you guys jump on me im just waiting till my 90 is done with its cycle.) They are the nicest fish and i like them alot.