Best deal you ever got at LFS?

blue strip

besides the first big deal which was a 120 and 2 55 and 350 lb of live rock and 3 inch live sand bottoms and all the filters and power heads and potien skimmers and fish to go with for 300 (close to home fish store closed) the newest one i got was a blue stripe clown that the owner thought was a clarkii i got him for 20 bucks and after i bouth him i told her how much he was worth she was a little mad :mad: but im happy

kathdo

Originally Posted by coachKLM
there is a huge difference between arrow crabs and hermit crabs...not to burst a bubble but arrow crabs dont carry around a shell for protection...and they have super longs legs..
plus i never pay 2.00 for hermit crabs.
***)
You ARE right...They are NOT Arrow crabs...But whatever they are, I saw them on a website for $9.99 each....That's ok...I traded a nickle sized anenome and a crab for 2 baby false Perc clowns !!

rara12

for my fish i go to absolutely fish, the best lfs ever. They only hire people who know what they're talking about. On the downside they are kinda pricy but the fish are always perfect and never die on me. I also get them from the lfs i work at, NJ Pet. We're like right next to cinema 23 (if you know where that is) But we just got sold to ***** so as of 3/26 we will be *****

irondog

I'v been to absolutely fish,they have alot of fish an corals,i buy lots of my stuff from this guy in roselle park 137 off parkway underwater world he has the best fish i ever seen its a small place but very clean same with his corals,but just like absolutely he is kinda high but i really dont mind paying high prices from him,because i know what i'm getting

smoney

$15 for a tasslefish
$15 for 40 blue legged hermits and 10 turbos
My friend actually bought liverock from a new guy working at the store
$10 for 40lbs of liverock

fishnerd

Originally Posted by popnfrresh
well i disagree. If you breed your own fish then they are clean AND cheap AND your not taking a fish off the reef to be eaten. Regardless if fish are eaten on the reef its worse to take them off to feed your fish. AlMOST every fish can be trained to take non-live food. NOtice i said almost.
I know feeding some freshwater fish to marine can cause IBD but thats mostly with cases of feeding goldfish feeders to carnivors constantly overfeeding. Goldfish feeders are sickly and have HUGE skulls compared to most others. You want a marine fish to feed your stuff to, breed mollies as they can live in a saltwater environment.
Dont starve the reef and take more fish off of it just to feed your own fish.
Whats the difference between taking an eel "off the reef" and taking damsels"off the reef"?
The eel would be eating other fish if it was on the reef. The shrimp, squid, clams, etc. one would "train" their eel to eat didn't come out of thin air.
Has anyone explained the predator prey relationship to you?
Sorry for the flame, but carnivores eat other animals, its as simple as that.

coachklm

Originally Posted by SMoney
$15 for a tasslefish
$15 for 40 blue legged hermits and 10 turbos

My friend actually bought liverock from a new guy working at the store
$10 for 40lbs of liverock
now that's a price unrefusable

smoney

Originally Posted by coachKLM
now that's a price unrefusable
Thanks, haha. Its a group buy that I am doing with like twenty other individuals. We are buying in bulk its so cool.

D

drjay50000

I got a copper banded butterfly for 2.99 it was 29.99 but the stupid cashier was trying to get me to buy frozen food when she was typeing it in. :hilarious I waz gonna say something but then again the customers not allways right.

keith burn

:joy:
Only moved LFS to new site (3 miles)
:joy:

And also got 1 w/b maroon free
Hippo tang free
yellow wrasse free
2 brown blenny free
tube anemone free
2 smooth starfish free
1 bristle starfish free
2 55 gal setups (filters-heateds-lights-ets-freshweater)
1 30 gal setup ('' '' '')
250 lbs l/r
500 gal holding tank
100 gal salt water mixing tank
4-48in 2 bulbs light fixtures
4 36in 1 bulb light fixtures
3 penguin 60 filters
2 penguin 30 filters
100 lbs c/c
100 l/s
30 lbs texas holey rock
75 assorted cichlids
100 lbs gravel
2-5 compartment display tanks
36 in aquaclear aquatics 2/36w 50/50 2 18w 50/50
48 bowfront set up with stand(200 bucks before the move)
and more but can't remember all of it LFS moving is a good thing

fishinfool

just got home from the lfs and i got a 1'6"rock covered in shrooms and zoos 4 other rocks bout half that size with same 10 big peaces of xeinea not shure the spelling 60 pounds of super good live rock a red lobo brain a big peace of star polaps all for $300 324 after tax

1911_guy

The best deal I've gotten at my LFS is they refunded my money when I returned a tank stand (I ended up building one), a MJ 900 they charge $41.99 :scared: and a Red Sea Marine test kit they charged $50! That's the best deal I've gotten, returning their overpriced stuff.
I have been going to ***** lately, the LFS is trash...the owner has become very rude.
I returned all that stuff almost a year ago, turned around and bought live rock from them with that money too. The other LFS just closed down.
Now it's a monopoly!

isistius

the best deal i've gotten so far (tank is 2 days old) is the 70 or so lbs of cured live sand that i got for free (my bro upgraded from his 75 to a 150)......
and i can't wait to start checking out *****. seems to be a lot of stupid people working there. which is 2-fold for me since i live in s. fla, and there are so many stupid people living here to start with, i guess their working at *****...................

saltn00b

Y/W for the sand !
dont forget the snails and worms that came in with the sand!
well i got a RO DI unit free
but the filters ALL needed to replaced...so im looking at basically the price of a new one :(