Best deal you ever got at LFS?

eaglephot

I just got a med sized bright green with pink tips frogspawn for $15 bucks! A week ago I got a crap load of coral at sharkys reef in IL for $155. Coral that would have had a total of 300+. Lets see... I got an 8 inch unicorn tang for $65 a few months back. The same tang, same size is on live aquaria for 299! That was a good find for me.

rbaldino

A 50 gallon acrylic tank with stand and canopy at cost, thanks to a friend who worked at a LFS. Must have saved me hundreds.

seattle

Ok I decided to not buy the Yellow Tangs,I get to pick out 5 free fish whenever if they are worth under 125$

bigman

the best deal i've gotten was when i bought a xxl sting ray from the lfs for $40 and it normally cost 80. I called and had them stay open for an extra five min, until i got there. So long story short when i put the ray in my tank it was acting wierd swiming crazy and standing in about 3 hours later it had 4 baby sting rays whom would have been sold for alot more than the one i paid for so i got 5 for the price of 1.

our gang

bought 2 pcs of live rock totalling 23 lbs, the lfs person charged me for 2 instead of 23. Got 23 lbs of lr for less than 20 bucks.

A

alix

when i was just starting out
5lbs of AWESOME cured live rock
1 $15 annenome
5ish red legged hermits
1 bottle phytopkankton
tropical flakes
All of this for only $10 because the guy that sold them to me was mad at his manager.

ric maniac

wow! amazing deals. the only deal ive had was an emerald crab for free, because the person at my lfs was worried it was a harmfull hitchhiker. so i just went withg it and said i would buy it. they just looked at me weird and said "if you want something bad we will give it to you for free". i wouldnt call it taking advantage though because i offered to buy it.

Originally Posted by oreo12
yea ***** has some fish for low prices with your pals card just wach out for ich.
idunno why, but all the petcos around me only sell SW

bpaul1201

Originally Posted by connor
hey i know that shop was it aqua zoo lol. do you know anyother good lfs's i just moved up to saint augustine 3 days ago and we scoped out aqua zoo - the beach.
thanks COnnor
there is a pet store about 1/2mile south of the toyota dealership on us1 in st augustine! good place. i'm going to buy some lr from them! they have 6yr old live rock for only 6.99/lb better then trying to cure new!!

shoot me an email at bpaul1201@gmail.com

cjason3041

i just remembered this one.....
my LFS OWNER had a shippment come in and was not doing too well, i asked if "that" was a toadstool. he said he had never heard of a "stool" and said no it is a sick mushroom....he sold it to me for $15 and well today it is a big toadstool and a bedroom set to my emeralds

sharkboy13

prolly one day when i went to my lfs and got 3 garden eels for $20 each, pretty good seeing as the internet price for em goes at about $40-50 each, i had all of em eating up until they moved to another tank got loose in the in tank filter and became sushi

appaloosa1

last week i got a blue ricordea for free from the LFS! it had fallen off a rock in the main display and was probably going to die so i got it!

fishgeek01

sold 20 frags (1 inch) of monti to my lfs for 150.00
bought a 2 inch frag of acro, got 3 palys, 2 zoos, and a ricordia for free....