Best deal you ever got at LFS?

stdreb27

Originally Posted by bpaul1201
there is a pet store about 1/2mile south of the toyota dealership on us1 in st augustine! good place. i'm going to buy some lr from them! they have 6yr old live rock for only 6.99/lb better then trying to cure new!!

shoot me an email at bpaul1201@gmail.com
Man not to put a damper on your day, but 6.99 a pound for lr isn't all that great of a price. For a lfs it is about average, you can buy it for half as much from this site.

A

alix

Originally Posted by stdreb27
Man not to put a damper on your day, but 6.99 a pound for lr isn't all that great of a price. For a lfs it is about average, you can buy it for half as much from this site.
IDK all the LFSs around me sell for about $10-12 a pound

S

shark bait

I got a show size golden puffer for $125, I got it at cost as the owner was new in biz and was looking to get clients. I spent a grand the next day on a new chiller. It work well for him.

legoalie31

Originally Posted by reeffreak9
I got a Princess parrotfish for 30.00 at ***** ;I think that's good. And Lbs of lr with polyups and a crab, <also hitchhikers. And best of all I got my Lionfish at mylfs for 24.99

Wow I got mine for 35.00, but he was worth it

My friends call him retarded b/c he swims upside-down but I still love him

grumpygils

Originally Posted by Eaglephot
What is the best deal you have ever gotten at a LFS?
Mine was when I was in my early days in the hobby. I didn't know much about fish. Neither did the person helping me.
I wanted to buy four three striped Damsels to cycle my first tank. What I got was four three striped fish that were orange/red, black and white. I got 4 percula Clownfish for $3.99 each! It took me a week to find out what I had received.
What about you? It doesn't have to be a story if you don't have time to write it. It could be example: Queen Angel at $5.99. Tell us whether you took advantage of the situation or not. AND NO JUDGEMENT IN THIS THREAD! This is for fun only.
:cheer: :jumping: :happyfish
Free 1/3 HP chiller from the LFS 2 months ago. Twin spot goby for $19.99. Premium, Premium LR for $3.25/lbs (their cost 1.5 years ago). Blastos rock with ~100 polyps $30, 8 lbs fully covered zoa rock for $30. On the other hand, I have made some dumb, dumb purchases. Things like $150 of fake coral. Dyed pagoda cup for $100, fission nano skimmer, crappy lights, fish before the cycle, galaxia, burroughing wrasse (poof, there gone), and so on.
Mc

mcbdz

My best deals are in the future. My daughter just started working for our lfs and after 60 days we will get 50% family discount. That includes special orders.
Christmas present is going to be 240 Gal 8ft reef tank.
We already told her if she decides she doesn't like the job or thinks she is going to get fired she has to let us know so we can go ahead and order it early.

fishgeek01

Originally Posted by mcbdz
My best deals are in the future. My daughter just started working for our lfs and after 60 days we will get 50% family discount. That includes special orders.
Christmas present is going to be 240 Gal 8ft reef tank.
We already told her if she decides she doesn't like the job or thinks she is going to get fired she has to let us know so we can go ahead and order it early.

this has got to be the best post on this thread so far... I love the last part if she decides she doesn't like it... or is going to get fired... that is great... i kept the same retial sales job at an lfs for 5 years (4 in high school 1 in college) for the discount it was well worth it...lol

b0bby1

i have 2 LFS around me, but they are both very knowledgable. they don't have anyone working for them. one store is just the owner himself, and the other is two owners. so they know what everything is and should be priced at. but its also helpful cus they know wut there doing. and since i go to them pretty often theyll take $5 off here and there, but not like any of these deals.

grabbitt

I got a pretty good sized Kenya Tree for 12 bucks, and I managed to find a new guy at the LFS that thought the electric scallop I had my eye on was only a flame scallop... Saved 10 bucks.. Not too bad, if you ask me

eugenez_21

Once I was getting hermits for 1.50 and the guy and they were all in there shells and hard to tell red legged ones from the regulars and so i got one red legged hermit priced for 5 bucks for 1.50. Saved some money.

J

jamparty

2 tear drop ocellaris...normally run around $40 on the cheapest site i can find them in
i got them both for $15