Best lighting for my buck

big

Originally Posted by coralrocksNY
http:///forum/post/2451290
GUYS !!!!
They are set to arrive today!
Can't wait..... now if only I had the rest of the stuff... a little water and maybe some FISH!

Great, just take a bit of time to be sure the clean plastic sleeves are removed fro the bulbs and you get them seated well back in the receptacles.
........... Enjoy!!!!!!! Warren

Well guys they arrived tonight at 5:15 pm. I took it all out and inspected it ... come to find out I have one broken white bulb! I have emailed the company to see if I will be sent a replacement.

YES sunglasses are needed! WOW
well I guess thats it for this thread, huh. We all have our lights!!
Take care all

big

Originally Posted by coralrocksNY
http:///forum/post/2451917
Well guys they arrived tonight at 5:15 pm. I took it all out and inspected it ... come to find out I have one broken white bulb! I have emailed the company to see if I will be sent a replacement.

YES sunglasses are needed! WOW
well I guess thats it for this thread, huh. We all have our lights!!
Take care all

Darn...... sorry about that bulb, you two did not have the best luck with shipping..... Well now that you have them do you think you all have enogh light now??

morgs

Well...
I did hear other people talking about bulbs to swap out. A person by the name of reeffreak on another board suggested "The slimpaq bulbs don't have good as PAR as other bulb companies,mainly ATI and UV.Secondly,all blue and crisp white bulbs don't bring out the colors as well.I would replace one of the 460nm actinics with a UV Super actinic(420nm purple) and two of the daylights.An ATI aquaspecial 12k(slight blue daylight) and a GE6500k." I think they were talking about a 48" fixture.
I don't intend to do it right away, I'm just sayin'...

moprint

Yes there are better bulbs out there. I just plan on getting them when it is time to replace the stock ones, which would about 12 months. Yes they were talking about a 48" fixture.