Best Way

jpa0741

I use Tropic Marin Pro Coral Cure for dips. This is a iodine solution. This will not take care of all pest. Often many pest can still make it through dips. AEFW has been reported of making it through dips. Also you will need interceptor

[hr]
for dipping for red bugs. It is really best to qt if possible.
Please do not be fooled by thinking if buying from a reputable store you will be fine. Any store that move many corals through their tanks stand a good chance of picking up some pests.

blkhawk10

So even if I get the right stuff to dip, the stuff isn't a 100% full proof plan at getting rid of pest?
So without a qt tank I'm screwed, damn.

jpa0741

Originally Posted by blkhawk10
http:///forum/post/2999534
So even if I get the right stuff to dip, the stuff isn't a 100% full proof plan at getting rid of pest?
So without a qt tank I'm screwed, damn.
Pretty much. I have a tank full of coral and will tell you what I do. I don't always dip. I do put it in a tubberware bowl and blast the coral and plug very hard with a turkey baster. If I see anything that I am worried about I toss the coral. I know some will cringe when they here that. But I have just to much invested to take a chance. Also use a magnify glass to look everything over. And research what the pests look like you are looking for. JMO.

blkhawk10

everything sounds good other than the whole throwing the coral away. I have enough invested that I don't want anything in my tank to get tore up by some hitchhiker.