BIG Tank Pics

steveweast, nice tank :eek: did you at one time have that thing web site posted w/ how you did that?:confused:
i keep telling my wife that it's all about the lighting.:rolleyes: :D

sduda

So how many tanks into this hobby are you before you worked up to a 500g tank? This setup is really amazing. I have a small 34g and it is my first SW setup. I just cannot imagine what the initial investment is not to mention your maintenance costs. What sort of time do you need to put into this to maintain that setup? Sorry for the flurry of questions. I am really only 2 years into this and really enjoy it but cannot begin to understand the "steps" one takes to get to this point.
Thanks!

steveweast

This is my first tank in the last decade or so. I used to have a "reef" tank back in the mid 80's; but, was out of the hobby while pursuing school, career,etc. I'm now a small homebuilder here in Oregon and did all the work myself over the course of about 3 months. The tank was started in February 2001. Here are some tank vitals:
tank: 72W x 48D x 32H acylic
lighting: (6) 400watt 10K MH, (2) 400watt 20K MH, (6) 165watt VHO actinic
sump: 125gal with a 125 gal refugium
circulation: (5) ampmaster 3000's ( 4 of which are on closed loop)
heater: (2) 1000watts
chiller: (2) 3/4 hp
The tank is built into the wall....here's a pic of the equipment side of the wall which is located in my garage:

hairtrigger

Kenny--- that IS one of my percs in there. Good eye man, crappy pic. :D I would get an anenome for him but he seems to enjoy my mushroom rock in the corner... see it? :D
That's a good point though, seriously, do you know of any reef safe anenomes that will stay put?
Steve

[hr]
Dang nice tank man. Freakin gorgeous. You have something to be proud of there. :cool:

stacyt

Here's a pic of my 2 240 gallon tanks. There still in the garage while I work on setting up the filtration, and building the canopies. I spent most of the weekend rearranging my house so I could move the tanks in. Anybody have any good recommendations on filtration setups for tanks this size?

kennynj

HAIRTRIGGER
I HAVE A ATLANTIC ANENOME IN MINE. MY
TOMATO CLOWN GOES RIGHT IN
BELIVE IT. I WAS SUPPRISED. THE
ANENOME DOSN'T MOVE MUCH PRETTY
MUCH STAYS PUT.

jonthefb

very nice stuff. i gotta get my pics developed so i can post my 135!
good stuff, keep em coming!
jon

jarrod

WOW:eek:
My tanks look plain compared to every one elses! Hopefully it will all change, since I get my new lights this week.
Beautiful tanks everyone!!!
:D
Christina