Blue Ribbon Eel

jessi p

Originally Posted by goingpoor
he did but if i tell him i dont wont him he will sell it to who ever
Aha, gotcha. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

saltn00b

on the plus side, i think goinpoor is doing it the right way, because the only person i have seen success with the BRE is when they built a similar massive PVC tunnel structure for the eel to be totally comfortable in. i hope the best for you and i am anxious to hear more about your exploits with it!
as far as other eels in a reef tank, some have said snowflakes are not terrible, but you cant have shrimps or some other inverts, but even better, i have heard of the expensive Banana Eel peacefully coexisting in a SPS reef tank!

goingpoor

WELL I TOOK IT AS MY RESPONSABLITY TO BUY BOTH OF THEM GOT THEM FOR A WOMPING 35 BUCKS A PIECE SO HERES PICTURES AND ILL TRY TO PUT IN VIDEO.WISH ME LUCK.OH YA WAS ABLE TO COME APONE A CLOWN TANG WAS REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THAT......

joojoo

How exciting! I can't get the videos to play for some reason =[
You beat me to them, lucky for you, I don't wake up til 11am, lol :b

jmick

I hope you didn't buy the clown tang...seems as if you like to spend your money on livestock that stands a very poor chance of survival. I really think you need to do more research and just because you see one success it doesn't mean you can duplicate it.

jmick

Wow you didn't even bother to qt your new arrivals. With the wealth of info available it's disapointing to see people make the same mistakes.

goingpoor

Originally Posted by joojoo
How exciting! I can't get the videos to play for some reason =[
You beat me to them, lucky for you, I don't wake up til 11am, lol :b
he had them in the back anyways lol

member007

Originally Posted by Jmick
Wow you didn't even bother to qt your new arrivals. With the wealth of info available it's disapointing to see people make the same mistakes.
You can't really qt them, because they could die before she puts them in the main tank. If you qt them for 3-4 weeks of course... So she doesn't make a mistake, however she takes a risk... Good luck to you with your eels!!! Keep us posted!

goingpoor

Originally Posted by Jmick

WOW!!!
u dont even "bother" to think about what ur saying......QTing is just another way of thinking u know what ur doing or to make it sound like u know what ur talkin about......in my "OPINION" (in witch everything in marine and reef keeping is based on is opinion)...
qting is just more stress on the fish...as we know they go though enough ---- on their way to our tanks... if qting works for u then great im happy for u.....in all of my years of being an aquariust i have not qt anything....and ive had great success...and if u have paid any attention i have done my reserch on my new arrivals....and yes there is a great wealth of info avail...thats why i jioned this forum...but its the people seeking info on this forum that suffer
because of people like u
that would critisise them rather then give them helpful info...so it is disapointing to me to see people like u making the same mistakes.

goingpoor

Originally Posted by seannmelly
by the way if thats you in your avatar do you have your lip pierced?
yeah it is and yes i do.....catching i must say..

jmick

Originally Posted by goingpoor
WOW!!!
u dont even "bother" to think about what ur saying......QTing is just another way of thinking u know what ur doing or to make it sound like u know what ur talkin about......in my "OPINION" (in witch everything in marine and reef keeping is based on is opinion)...
qting is just more stress on the fish...as we know they go though enough ---- on their way to our tanks... if qting works for u then great im happy for u.....in all of my years of being an aquariust i have not qt anything....and ive had great success...and if u have paid any attention i have done my reserch on my new arrivals....and yes there is a great wealth of info avail...thats why i jioned this forum...but its the people seeking info on this forum that suffer
because of people like u
that would critisise them rather then give them helpful info...so it is disapointing to me to see people like u making the same mistakes.
QTing new arrivals is fairly common practice. Why? Because we want to monitor new arrivals before we put them into the display to determine if they have any disease or parasites that can infect the whole display (after all, it's not easy to treat a reef tank...can't hypo and you can't run copper). So, what are you going to do if your new clown tang comes down with ick in a few days? Are you going to try to catch it and qt or are you going to let be and hope it lives? There is little advice to give you, you brought some of the most difficult saltwater fish you can obtain. I hope they live and thrive in your system but it’s really a shame that people buy them and stores in turn keep selling them You would have been much better off getting a couple engineer gobies and a hardier tang…but that’s my opinion.

petjunkie

Actually buying two may help you as they seem to do better in groups, I've read three is best though. I would try to feed the way the other thread suggested that seems to be the only way to get them to pay attention and eat. Good luck with them, I really hope they eat for you as that seems to be the deciding factor for keeping them alive, however that clown tang may be a serious problem down the road as they are difficult in themselves to keep healthy and have a very bad attitude, which may make adding other fish next to impossible once yours is established.