Brand Spanking New - 29g build

clink51

And here is where im at. 30 LBS of LR. 10 LBS of Cured rock are feeding my newly aquired 20lbs of Reef Saver rock. Im pretty happy with the way it looks, although i do have some rock touching the back glass. Im getting alot of micro bubbles, but other then that im okay. I'll probably stack up the rock later as i get more and more, but im not rushing anything at this point.

Equipment at this point:
Tomms Rapid Pro Series Filter (1st or 2nd gen)
Aqualight T5 Dual Fluorescent Light (upgrading to a 4x31w light soon)
AquaClear 150w (might put in a second one since its starting to get colder out and i like to keep windows open in my room)
2 Hydor Koralia Nano PH's (220 and 425)
30lbs of LR
30lbs of LS

Still on the to do list:
Ro/Di
Auto Top Off
Build a Sump using a 10g
Display refugium? hmmmm
CUC (15g reefcleaners cookie cutter with maybe 1 Blue legged hermit)

Planned Stock List in order:
Watchman Goby with Tiger Pistol
Baby pair of ocellaris clowns (or Percs)
Yellow tail Damsel
Red Fin Fairy Wrath (Something red)

Corals:
Plan to start out with Muchrooms or Button Polyps and maybe a Xenia to get my hands wet (no pun intended)

What do you guys think?

mr llimpid

Looks pretty, love the smell of a new tank. One thing it looks like your rock is sitting on top of the sand. You want it to sit on the bottom glass so creatures don't get crushed if and when they dig under the rock.

clink51

def not on top of sand. i made sure that when i rearranged the tank, that i dug them in. simply by "screwing" them in. i hope thats enough LOL, if not ima have to start installing buttresses

clink51

So much has no changed its not even funny lol. I keep changing my mind on what direction to go in.
Decided i wanted to drill the tank before even adding the CUC to the tank so i might be ordering from glass-holes soon. Put the 24inch coralife PC lights on and i like the color. also kept the t5 light strip going too, just for added lights. The PC is sitting on glass sheets i cut out (on my own
)
no corals
no cuc
no fish
just equipment, rocks and grass...lmoooo

clink51

I MADE HOLES IN GLASS!!!!

super easy! Completed the plumbing too. waiting for my silicone to cure and then let the ater testing start
will post pictures on Monday

clink51

SOOOOOO. here was how my weekend panned out.
450gph return

700gph Drain... and fun dip =)

Moving the water and rocks to my 20g

Started by placing it outsideand locating the exact spot for the drain

To dark outside so i went to my basement. Set down the template, estimated and prayed

Loaded the drill and prayed some more

taadaaaaaaa

2 holes. pretty easy all things considered

not to bad. didnt have a level so i did it by eye and by my iphone app

and set..Siliconed everything

and the pumbing begins

Plumbing mostly complete. I'm setting up a display Refuge, which is why i have that T there. Its an 1.5 inch T with an adapter to fit 1/2 in pvc

Unfortunatly, i hear the damn water hitting the first 45 degree bend... any ideas? i havent sealed everything due 3 leaks in different areas (2 on the return, one on the drain)

clink51

All leaks have been located and fixed. Rocks are back in and this time nothing is touching the back glass pain.Heater is now inside the sump, as it should be. Need to put the PH's back in. Light are back on top.. just dealing with a slight gurgling sound coming from the overflow but that's to be expected as i calibrate the flows just right. I'm almost done and will be ordering my CUC from reefcleaners on Friday.. im so flipping excited right now

clink51

Snails are in, tank is cycled. panning on getting LEDS by end of next month.... soooo im getting my first fish this week. I just dont know if i should get a YWG first or 2 Clowns... what do you folks think?

clink51

Re-did Plumbing and now is super quiet
Chinese LEDS have been ordered

1 red leg 3 blue leg hermits

Tunze 9002 skimmer coming along

=)