Breeding Clownfish

bang guy

Outstanding!!! Congratulations :)
That is so lucky that they lay eggs on the magnet, LOL. You don't even have to get your hands wet ROFL.
Can you e-mail me at guynwarsaw@yahoo.com? I'd like to get a different strain of Rotifers from you if you have spares.
Guy

oceana

so far so good. things look great and they are growing. fingers crossed. oging on day 4 for most of them and day 6 for others

oceana

well many have died but there are still some left and they are starting to get darker in color. they are black clowns so im not sure is that means they are changing or not. but the darest ones seem to be eating evry well and swimming around like normal fish.. we are at day 9 for some and and 7 more otehrs
I do have one question however about the rotifers.
in the rearing tank theya re breeding and they are getting rather thick. should i thin them out more then just the normal water changes or is that a good thing.

bang guy

Originally Posted by oceana
well many have died but there are still some left and they are starting to get darker in color. they are black clowns so im not sure is that means they are changing or not. but the darest ones seem to be eating evry well and swimming around like normal fish.. we are at day 9 for some and and 7 more otehrs
I do have one question however about the rotifers.
in the rearing tank theya re breeding and they are getting rather thick. should i thin them out more then just the normal water changes or is that a good thing.

IMO you should probably remove 10 - 20% per day, every day. Once you get a feel for how fast they are reproducing in your culture you'll know how much to remove. If they get too crowded they may start producing the less useful males and that can lead to a crash.

oceana

Well we've been down to one very tough little guy for a while now. It's hard to tell from the pics,but he got his first little stripe today (I don't think he likes getting his picture taken,sure is fast now). today is now day 18
Attachment 185004Attachment 185005

oceana

I hope so, I've gotten pretty attached to this little guy (hopefully the next batch will do better)

mr_bill

Originally Posted by snailheave
my clowns need to mate!

Do I read a little jealously in your post? HEHEHE, me too.

oceana

very well thanks
the one little guy is still doing great . has two stripes now and is a great little hunter.
we expect a new set of eggs any day now