Brought Home The Bigger Setup Today!!

funkyman

Well, it's finally here. I bought a used 120 gallon setup quite a few weeks ago, and today was the day I brought it home. I guess I'll do a progress report type thread so everyone can see how it's going. It was quite a chore tearing it down and moving it, but everuthing went as well as can be expected.
Here are some pics of it's arrival. Some of the equipment's going to need some serious cleanup.
This is the 120 gallon tank after I cleaned the heck out of it. It looks as good as new.

I'm going to sell this one, because I ordered the identical tank last week with overflows and such (reef ready).
I may even have it drilled. I'm still fighting with myself on that one.

funkyman

Here's the stand, and canopy (upside down). The 4 orange buckets are the 20 gallons of system water I brought home. The 3 blue tubs are the southdown sand. The tank had a 4" sandbed.

funkyman

Here's the skimmer and plumbing in pretty sad shape. He had torn it down before I got there, or it wouldn't look the way it does. I'll probably re-do the plumbing anyway.

funkyman

The canopy has built in VHO's with a new Ice Cap ballast. Do I know how to hook it up?
Heck no.

The bulbs on the right are extras he had laying around.

funkyman

This is the live rock bin in the garage. It's been running for almost two months now. I came across some really nice rock back then, and it was either do this, or miss out on the rock. It's very nice and fully cured, ready to go.

funkyman

This is the 50 gallon tank that will be moving into the 120. I'll also be relocating it from our bedroom down into the family room.

funkyman

fishamajig - I don't think I'll be using it.
fishieness - The light fixture is an Orbit 36" 4x96 watt PC fixture. It has 3 moon lights in it too. It does a real nice job.

fishieness

36 inch eh? you um..... thinking of selling it? ;-)
i have the odyssea 2x96 watt but have been thinking of maybe adding 76 watts of t5 or something...... but an extra 192 watts of pc would be nice

funkyman

Well, as I should have known, this turned out to be a bigger project than I thought. I found out the lights don't work. Everything point to the Icecap ballast, so I've been working on that. I gutted the canopy, ordered a new ballast, 4 new bulbs, and some other minor parts that needed replaced.
The stainless marine screws I ordered came in today, so I finished my custom "reflector canopy" project. The entire ******** of the canopy is layered in reflective lighting grade aluminum. I did the individual slats, as not to cover the gaps in between and not let heat out. I'm waiting on a few more parts, and then I'll be able to try the lights again.
"Before"

funkyman

Hi Chris. It works, but needs a new bulb. Send me an email to jbgula "at" adelphia.net and we'll go from there.

jayc

Nice, and Congrates on the new tank and all. I cant wait to see it all up and running. Keep posting pics as u get em.
Josh