Brought Home The Bigger Setup Today!!

funkyman

After all the fretting over the live rock bubble tower, it ended up I had to cut it out anyway since the skimmer was so friggin huge. I've siliconed in all the baffles and the sump's done. Tight fit though.

funkyman

Thanx. We'll see how long it stays that way once it's up and running.
I forgot to mention the "limbo stick" shown above the skimmer in some of the pictures. The stick represents the bottom of the tank.
It appears I'll have just enough clearance to get the skimmer bowl out of there.
I haven't measured it yet, but it looks like about an inch and a half.

tthemadd1

Funkyman would you be interested in some LR/Corals? I have 100pds I need to unload before my move next week?

funkyman

There's a possibility I could. I'm also setting up a 30 gallon in our bedroom for my wife. I wasn't planning on rushing out to get rock or anything for it right away due to the expense of trying to get the 120 going at the same time, but you never know.

If you want to send me more info about the rock and corals via email, mine's jbgula "at" adelphia.net Pics would be a bonus. I'm at work right now, but will be home this evening. I'll correspond with you more then.

funkyman

Well the plumbing is done, and the tank and sump were filled with fresh water yesterday and tested. Everything passed with flying colors. The system is absolutely silent, with zero bubble problems. I also completely plugged the two main drains, and the 2 remaining emergency drains handled the full flow very easily. (I used all four holes in the two overflows as drains, and I plumbed the return line over the back.)
The tank is full of water in the second pic, but it's hard to tell.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Really nice, Funky...I've added your thread to the archives! Thanks for sharing!

motohead

well.the tank looks great.the only thing that you can do away with is those silly dale earnhardt jr posters in the background.

funkyman

Thanx to all for the compliments. I was inspired myself by others on this board, as well as other sources. The key is to take your time, and out of all the information, methods, and equipment that are available, decide what will be best for you and what you want to accomplish with your system. The choices are seemingly endless.
Hopefully it won't be too long before the posts of the tank in the house with the rock and tenants being moved into it. I have to recruit a moving team first, and football Sunday isn't the best day to find candidates.

acrylic51

Very Nice work.....Why did you buy new ballast to replace the Icecap that wasn't working??? You should have sent it to IceCap and Andy would have gotten it working again for you!!!!!