Bubbles coming from my H.O.T filter?

reid4

I recently bought a HOT Magnum® Canister Filter by Marineland..it works fine from what ive seen but every once in awhile it will blow bubbles out of the return? did i do something wrong? if any1 has one of these and is having a similiar problem i would appreciate just about any advice
thanks again

meowzer

I have one that I use for flow only.....let me ask this, it is not continuous bubbles???
Could be something by the retuen then, I have a Powerhead that if a fish swims by fast it will blow some bubbles LOL

meowzer

Originally Posted by reid4
http:///forum/post/3215402
yes HOT = Hang on Tank..
I'M SORRY....I have one of them too though....

DEFINITELY check all the seals....make sure the top o-ring is on right, and also apply some lubricant (vaseline will do) to the seal and lid before closing

bang guy

Usually it's a pinhole leak somewhere. However, if the filters are clogged the motor actually has enough power to cause the impeller to cavitate.

natclanwy

These filters are notorius for spraying bubbles, generally its the o-ring that seals the top of the canister. Usually if I take the top off and put it back on making sure the o-ring isn't rolled or pinched it will stop. Try the vasoline like meowzer suggested as it will help to keep the o-ring in place so it doesn't get pinched when you put the top on.