Bush ready to start WWIII

mess88

Rudedog , You should really take you head out of ass. You have no respect for american or the people that died for us. I read what you write and make me think have a I.Q. of about 60 I could go on all day on the stupid thing you write . but why. You really know nothing about the history of the united state, or the world. why even start this thread. I beleive you started this because you have a hate for this county and for a the man and woman in the armed forces. Great american have die for this county and still to this day die for this county. The whole statement bush is going to start ww3 show you know nothing. If there was a battle in iran it would not be call www3 to start. The battle in iraq is a battle not a war . HISTORY LESSON WWWII We fought in many country and agaist many country. Every battle in that war was a battle not a war. There are many battle with in one war. That the same thing going on today, Expect the drive bye media calls them wars. This is a war agaist radical islam . There will be many battles in this war. So if you want to call every battle a war go head it just show how little you know of history. I could go on and on .

rudedog40

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
Persian Gulf Debacle? Where did you get your education? The gulf war was the most successful campaign in our nation's history, the fewest casualties with the largest success in the shortest time frame. Debacle?
Clinton shrunk the size of the military during his Terms. Follow me here, it isn't hard to understand. Bush came in and received a Military that had been downsized for 8 years. CURRENT recruitment goals are being met. Get it?

Really? It was Clinton in 1991, 1993, and 1995 that closed a majority of the military bases in this country? Who was running the BRAC (Base Realignment and Closure) at that time? Two of the largest, and oldest bases in San Antonio (Kelly AFB and Brooks AFB) were closed due to that initiative. I guess you'll blame Clinton for that one as well...
As I asked before, if recruitment goals are being met, why are they sending so many Reservists on multiple tours over there? If there's so many recruits, we shouldn't have ANY Reservists going over there, unless they willingly volunteer to do so.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by rudedog40
Go work on a military base sometime. Walk around and interact with all the personnel that work there. You would be surprised how many of them disagree about being in this war, or any war we've been in over the last 20 years.
I interact with military personnel every day. MANY miltary contractors and families live in town pluis on post. As previously stated, their views are different then how you portary them with this post.
You bring very little to support your views, and offer nothing to substantiate your claims.
You have yet to even respond stating your support or lack thereof regarding the weapons Clinton sold to the Saudi's...which is one main point to your original post regarding Bush and your claim he is starting WWIII by selling to Saudi.
As I previously stated, some simply post to yank chains by fabricating information to suit an agenda.
Since you have yet to answer, I can only conclude you are posting in order to anger and get a repsonse from some.
If you do have some "secretive service" you are providing the military, your lack of factual understanding of military history is alarming and so is your attitude.
This has now sunk to the level of "amusement" for me.....as I see it for what it is.

rudedog40

Originally Posted by mess88
Post deleted.
Now you're taking words I say literally? Call it a 'war', 'skirmish', 'conflict', 'battle', .. whatever you like. You need to get out more. It's not just the media calling this a 'war'. Half of Congress have called it a war. The whole point of me starting this thread, was that it was announced that Bush wants to feed more weapons to Iran's enemies. Bush has stated numerous times about his disdain for Iran, and would have no problems sending our troops in there to extend this 'battle' we're already fighting in Iraq. My problem with that is we need to start finding an end to our 'battle'. Troops have been depleted to the point that they're sending Reservists over there twice as often as the men and women who signed up in the actual Armed Forces. You can argue the point that Reservist knew what they were getting into, but the bottom line is a majority of them didn't sign up to go fight a 'battle' they have no interest in. You can believe that or disbelieve that. I don't care.
Bottom line, I want to see some finality. The Iraq Conflict doesn't need to be drug out for so long that my grandkids (who aren't even born yet) are forced to go fight in it. No one should think 'wars', 'battles, 'conflicts', etc. are good. I've stated numerous times in this thread that fighting this 'war on terror' is an effort in futility. The radical Islams you speak of are not one united army like we fought in WWII (Japanese or Nazis), Korean War (North Koreans), or Vietnam (North Vietnamese). They are multiple racial tribes that don't even like one another. No matter how many you kill, there's thousands more growing up right behind them being taught that Americans are evil. The main dissenters that continually argue with me over this, just want to ignore this reality. So my question is, when do you plan to end this 'battle'? I don't want some blanket answer of "when we rid the terrorist from the region, and bring Democracy to the area." No matter what timeframe you set, you are never going to completely turn that region of the world around. They have been fighting one another for centuries, and will continue to do so long after all of us are dead and buried. I'm hoping now some Republican does win the presidential election. If a Democrat wins, no matter when the troops finally do pull out, the war mongers will blame them for doing the 'cut and run', and not 'staying the course'. Sorry to say, it's a No Win situation for whoever gets elected next term.

groupergenius

Never a soldier? Yea, they pretty much ignored us Vietnam vets. That was one 'war' that got no respect. When we came home, there wasn't any fanfare like you saw after WWII. They just wanted us to go away. Read today's paper. They're treating the injured and disabled from this war the same way:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...01-19-13-31-38
And you sir, have become just like the spitters.

scubadoo

Really? It was Clinton in 1991, 1993, and 1995 that closed a majority of the military bases in this country? Who was running the BRAC (Base Realignment and Closure) at that time? Two of the largest, and oldest bases in San Antonio (Kelly AFB and Brooks AFB) were closed due to that initiative. I guess you'll blame Clinton for that one as well.
A review of the numbers under the Clinton years indicates he shrunk the military by about 40%.
Lets' not forget that crown military acheivement in Somalia under his watch. I'm sure that did wonders for military morale and recruitment. That was a FAILED policy and action we would live to regret. It certainly sent a message around the world.

mess88

I'm done . You must be on drugs. You are one sorry son of a bitch. Hope you burn. I said what i had to say. Your life must really suck if all you have time to do is bitch about bush and this county. Like I said hope you burn

reefraff

Originally Posted by GrouperGenius
And you sir, have become just like the spitters.
I think you just insulted the spitters

darthtang aw

Really? It was Clinton in 1991, 1993, and 1995 that closed a majority of the military bases in this country? Who was running the BRAC (Base Realignment and Closure) at that time? Two of the largest, and oldest bases in San Antonio (Kelly AFB and Brooks AFB) were closed due to that initiative. I guess you'll blame Clinton for that one as well...
The bases were closed, but the military personnel and armament were not downsized like under Clinton, they were just moved and consolidated. Bases do not dictate strength of military...they are an outpost and we did not need them any more here at home.
Now, how about you actually answer some of the questions asked of you and your views for once instead of skipping over them and personally attack our troops, and there mentality. Wait, that would be to much to ask of you. You would have to examine you beliefs and perception closely, and couldn't respond with a typical comment that has been hand fed to you by some politician or media liberal.
How long have we been in Korea? I don't hear you or anyone asking to bring our boys home from there. If Iraq can be made as stable as Korea is now why can't we station troops there indefinitely?
If you aren't going to bother to answer the questions asked towards you in return on numerous occasions, don't bother posting, you are taken as seriously, and becoming as insignificant as Rosie O'Donnell.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by mess88
Post deleted
This is the type of repsonse this individual is looking for. I'd rise above it, see it for what it is, get a chuckle and watch the show.
I have called into question lack of response to specific questions. To a point, it's laughable and harmless. I'd laugh as opposed to getting this angry...not worth it.

darthtang aw

You can argue the point that Reservist knew what they were getting into, but the bottom line is a majority of them didn't sign up to go fight a 'battle' they have no interest in. You can believe that or disbelieve that. I don't care.

Do you actually listen to what you are saying. Hey, guess what, If I don't want to possibly flip burgers or Become a french fry fryer, I don't apply at McDonalds to avoid that possible job...

scubadoo

:
Bottom line, I want to see some finality. The Iraq Conflict doesn't need to be drug out for so long that my grandkids (who aren't even born yet) are forced to go fight in it.
Well, if the next president does cut and run as you have suggested....there may be huge military cuts...your "business" could be the first to go

scubadoo

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
Do you actually listen to what you are saying. Hey, guess what, If I don't want to possibly flip burgers or Become a french fry fryer, I don't apply at McDonalds to avoid that possible job...
I'm sure the poster has conducted a scientific pole of all reservists called up to duty. He's probably correct with + or - 4%.

he states the majority of the reservists share the lack of support for the war on terror position...yet has provided ZERO to substantiate this claim.
Perhaps we have met Mr Gallup here in this thread?

scubadoo

I am of the opinion if someone served in Viet Nam as the poster claims, they would not take the position of disrepecting the current military servicemen and would do everything in their power to prevent this from happening again.
It's beyond me why someone would attempt to perpetuate past errors...but then again...that is based on an assumption the poster actually served the military and continues to do so as a "contractor".
Anyone can post anything about their history regarding past military service and current status as a contractor. I do call to question various posting as "fact" given the totality of all posts by the individual and the attitude portrayed in general.
It does not mean he/she/it is lying...it just makes it far less beleivable.
Today, folks have various agendas for various reasons. hard to determine for sure fact from fiction.
If it is done for fun and games.....it is sad that one would use the military during time of war for their own enjoyment and to further somne self satisfying agenda.
That's how I see it.

notsonoob

Maybe you should blame Bush Sr. for your recruitment woes. He's the one that drug us through the Persian Gulf War. After that debacle, do you think anyone was going to go run down to a recruiting office and join? You like to contradict you numbers. First you tell me that the retention and recruitment rates have been stable for the last several years, but then state they had shrunk (all because of Clinton of course). Which one is it?
How do you explain a 4 day war against the Iraq ---- and pillage squads of the Kuwaities?
The only debacle I see is your foolish slant on history.
I will tell you Clinton ruined retention, because he was an idiot commander in chief that hardly any of a recruit wanted to follow. Problem was that a proud soldier doesn't question his commander-in-chief...no matter how bad a loser he actually is...after all, he pushed against traditions and wound up with "DON'T ASK...DON'T TELL"?
Of course...he was the one in charge when the US Navy dropped the bomb on the Chinese Embassy.

1journeyman

Man journey, you really need to get over Clinton. You rail me for dissing Bush, but I've got nothing over you and your distaste for Clinton. You want to blame the guy for everything that's happened in this world for the last 15 years. He been out of office now for over 8 years. Was Dubya so inept in his job he couldn't fix all of Clinton's screwups in that timeframe? Especially since he had Congress in his back pocket. After all, it was a Republican majority, and they'd vote in any policy he threw at them.
Maybe you should blame Bush Sr. for your recruitment woes. He's the one that drug us through the Persian Gulf War. After that debacle, do you think anyone was going to go run down to a recruiting office and join? You like to contradict you numbers. First you tell me that the retention and recruitment rates have been stable for the last several years, but then state they had shrunk (all because of Clinton of course). Which one is it?
I give credit where credit is due Rudedog... You blame the reservists being called up on the wrong guy and I posted the facts...
There are no "recruitment woes". That's solely coming from you.
Clinton shrunk the size of the military. He cut the max number of troops the military could have on active duty. So while the military is meeting retention and recruitment goals, the overall maximum numbers are at a diminished capacity. Surely you know that...

1journeyman

Never a soldier? Yea, they pretty much ignored us Vietnam vets. That was one 'war' that got no respect. When we came home, there wasn't any fanfare like you saw after WWII. They just wanted us to go away. Read today's paper. They're treating the injured and disabled from this war the same way:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...01-19-13-31-38
The irony is, you're the one disrespecting the soldiers of today. You'e name calling and insulting them just as you were insulted. Those of us in the "Pro War" camp are nothing but respectful to those that are serving...

1journeyman

.... I've stated numerous times in this thread that fighting this 'war on terror' is an effort in futility. ...
So I guess we should go back to Pre-9/11 times... let terrorists attack our embassies like they did in Africa, let them attack out naval ships in ports around the world (USS Cole), let them attack our soldiers on humanitarian missions (Somolia), and let them hijack planes full of inocent men, women and children and kamakazi buildings full of American civilians (WTC)...
Frankly, Rudedog, that idea sucks.

eugenez_21

rudedog , please
Marines= rambo, are you **** me
I have no idea where you are getting that all our troops are begging to get home and hate the war. My uncle just came back from baghdad in December. His story is quite different. Most citizens are glad to have us over there and dont really mind. Also 99% of the guys over there dont mind providing security to people that dont even know the right definiton of freedom. He also told me its so different there now then it was when he was there on his first tour, so progress has been made quite a bit. Secondly, the rambo deal. My uncle is 21 and is a CEO that makes 400,000 a year and trades for a new BMW ever year. He also has a doctor degree in advanced business. What do you think he picked to be in the military, a Marine, that was his choce. So I would be careful with who you are describing with rambo or you might have a high dentist bill soon.