buying a penguin

dragonzim

Originally Posted by seasalt101
before i worked in the oilfield i was a long haul truck driver and i crossed az. at all hours i never saw them at night either, lots of coyotes though maybe that is what they eat

The penguins eat the coyotes?

katiev

...Penguins smell. I have never been to a penguin exhibit that did not smell. Not to mention the other countless reasons why having a penguin would be just plain dumb.

baloo6969

Originally Posted by katiev
...Penguins smell. I have never been to a penguin exhibit that did not smell. Not to mention the other countless reasons why having a penguin would be just plain dumb.
noone on this forum should say this idea is dumb...you/we have reefs in our living rooms! Most sane people would say that is a crazy idea.

renogaw

no offense, but this is troll talk and i'm about to feed it. if you want to own penguins, buy an aquarium. unless you have TONS of money, space, and a fish farm, you will never EVER be able to own penguins in your house. give it up, comparing it to reef tanks is just plain crazy talk.

schneidts

Call the US fish and wildlife service directly for answers to your questions on obtaining a pet penguin. 1-800-358-2104. I'm sure they will be very helpful. Let us know what they have to say. ***)

T

tizzo

I am disappointed in the responses here... You CAN own your own penguin, however you will not be able to walk down the street with it unless you first purchase a very expensive plane ticket, lol...
You wanna own one, here you go. Didn't they even sell stars this way??
http://www.seabirds.org/adopt.htm

agent-x

Originally Posted by ImUrNamine
Just keep in mind that they're like tangs, they need at least 6 feet of swimming space.

johnbob

I happen to have two adult emperor penguins available for $5000 a piece and 2 juvenile emperor penguins available for $7000 a piece. Here is a pic of the new arrivals and a pic of the head of the penguin catching team capturing one:

If you want it please act fast. We sell them very quickly and PETA is always trying to shut us down. Email me if you are interested at bqheath06@hotmail.com.

baloo6969

Originally Posted by Johnbob
I happen to have two adult emperor penguins available for $5000 a piece and 2 juvenile emperor penguins available for $7000 a piece. Here is a pic of the new arrivals and a pic of the head of the penguin catching team capturing one:

If you want it please act fast. We sell them very quickly and PETA is always trying to shut us down. Email me if you are interested at bqheath06@hotmail.com.
Pixilated

ice4ice

That's a friggin' cutout of the penguins inside a cage ! And the second pic is probably from a research photo archives. Nice try bro !! You can see that's a penguin family cutout if you look carefully at the white lines on the cutout borders. PLUS - too much light shown right at them !! Besides - no penguin family would stick that close together in a cage !! This is definitley a troll !!!!!!!
For your information - Those are Emperor penguins and they stand at least 4 feet tall as adults. That cage looks like it's 4 feet at most.

ruaround

Johnbob is trying to sell them to baloo... i dont know what youre lookin at but, man that is a great shot of his penguins he has for sale... if they werent 5k i would have to get one...

reefkprz

if you come down to $3550 each for the adults its a deal......

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Ice4Ice
That's a friggin' cutout of the penguins inside a cage !

the cut out isnt even in the cage...........

ophiura

OK, this is pretty funny.

I also have a rabbit fish if anyone is interested. It is awesome
with the algae. Scotts or someone was going to buy it but backed out.

renogaw

Originally Posted by ophiura

you know its bad when a shark chimes in and laughs at you :jumping:

ruaround

Originally Posted by ophiura
this is starting to remind me of the infamous sponge thread...
here is a blenny i have for sale...

ophiura

Actually this could be a new idea for a thread. Photoshopping and word games. :lol:
Look, keeping a penguin is impractical. All of the comments, well....most of the comments are true. Space, behavior, feeding, husbandry, temperature, biology (including the lighting which is true ) make them poor pets to have.
To answer the initial question, just google "penguin husbandry" and you will find many references.
And I pretty much guarantee it would become real old, real fast.

reefkprz

the perfect catfish for a nano, yours for only 3 easy installments of 19.99+ shipping and handleing....