callin all Texans

stdreb27

speaking of texans, does anyone in houston want to come over and help me set up my sump? I'm having issues. I think I bit off more than I can handle.

seasalt101

that's the point, find locals close, so you can trade, place multi-orders etc. tobin...still lookin for west texans :happyfish

bschaible

dwendler, where in houston are you from? im a student at Texas A&M right now..also, what stores do you go to?

quads4_lif

Originally Posted by Tarrahsmom
I am from Perryton, Tx which is way, way, up in the corner of the texas panhandle. My closest lfs is in Amarillo, 2 hours away!
wow I thought I was the farthest north. I am in Pampa

quads4_lif

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
so a search for lubbock reef and you find it.
there is actually 3 stores that sell in that area.
1 mr aquarium *saltwater only store*
2 high tech *freshwater and saltwater only*
3 bonetts pets in the mall. * I dont recomend this store AT ALL unelss they have changed alot since I was there poor conditions improper setups you name it*
Mike

1 Mr aquarium is not Salt only
2 High Tech has closed down
3 bonetts is trash

dwendler4

BSchaible, i am from sugar land, but i have lived in san marcos for 3 years now, and have only been in the salt water world for about 6 months... therefore i dont know of any good stores in houston? ask ophirua, he/she is from houston and seems very knowledgeable

sammysealhome

I am callin in from Clear Lake. Ya know I am intrested in any new info about saltwater stores around here. I am limited to a place in Texas city and *****. I am really disapointed in ***** anyway due to the fish being brought in with ich and parisites :jumping: . They are so into money hungry policys that fish are just another SKU on the shelf. Anyone got a cool place to purchase fish?

pooch1

Hey, Checking in from Longview..1 hour west of LA. I moved here 6 months ago from Tampa and haven't re-set up my 150 yet because I only have a PET** and a local store that carries expensive junk. I am even willing to drive into LA to find a good store. How is the market in Tyler? I was really spolied in FL being so close to the gulf etc. Prices were much cheaper and I can't imagine what it would cost to remotely duplicate what I had there. Any advise would be great!!

fishy7

Plano checking in:
215G with plenty of pulsing xenia to trade or help fellow aquarist set up system

vti eg6

Originally Posted by sammysealhome
I am callin in from Clear Lake. Ya know I am intrested in any new info about saltwater stores around here. I am limited to a place in Texas city and *****. I am really disapointed in ***** anyway due to the fish being brought in with ich and parisites :jumping: . They are so into money hungry policys that fish are just another SKU on the shelf. Anyone got a cool place to purchase fish?
I heard of a place off 59/sheperd.

puffer32

Originally Posted by FISHY7
Plano checking in:
215G with plenty of pulsing xenia to trade or help fellow aquarist set up system

I am not to far from you, but have all the pulsing xenia i can handle.

michaeltx

1 Mr aquarium is not Salt only
2 High Tech has closed down
3 bonetts is trash
1 yeah your right I just didnt go into that side LOL I forgot about that room for Freshwater. when I was there they was just redoing it with the stuff they bought from bubbles store somewhere.
2 high tech is gone. WOW that surprises me.
3 I completely agree with that statment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike

inawe

Originally Posted by pooch1
Hey, Checking in from Longview..1 hour west of LA. I moved here 6 months ago from Tampa and haven't re-set up my 150 yet because I only have a PET** and a local store that carries expensive junk. I am even willing to drive into LA to find a good store. How is the market in Tyler? I was really spolied in FL being so close to the gulf etc. Prices were much cheaper and I can't imagine what it would cost to remotely duplicate what I had there. Any advise would be great!!

Here in Tyler we now have 2 stores with SWF. Petland on South Broadway across from the mall, which has been around for years, and a new place
on East Loop 323 and 5th St...Exotic Fish. Exotic is not as fancy of a set up, but the couple that own it are really great
...very helpful and personable!