Carbon???

dazed2040

also you should look into buying carbon in bulk I got a 5 gal bucket of it from a certain wed site for 59.99 it will last me more than a year. If interested google bulk carbon it will be the one that says bulk "reef supply-bulk reef supply "

meowzer

YEAH YEAH...I think all my buddies have deserted me

I do usually buy my carbon in a large container...I ran out, and it's on order
remember...I'm the one with NO LFS..or anything else for that matter

spanko

Oh here we go, Wa Wa Wa, poor Ms. Kitty. Nobody loves her.
Get a grip woman. This is the big time now. 225 gallons of pseudo ocean is gonna have its concerns sometimes. Smarten up Toots. Quit you whining. Maybe this is a mans hobby, not fo rthe faint of heart of a woman?
Hee Hee, don't hurt me please, just having a little fun. I wonder how the tank will look when you get home from that job you have? Or was that 2 jobs? Can't remember. Anyway I like the idea of running the carbon in the HOB. Good thinkin.
Besides you get a lot of information on this site!!!!

meowzer

spanko;2981711 said:
Oh here we go, Wa Wa Wa, poor Ms. Kitty. Nobody loves her.
Get a grip woman. This is the big time now. 225 gallons of pseudo ocean is gonna have its concerns sometimes. Smarten up Toots. Quit you whining. Maybe this is a mans hobby, not fo rthe faint of heart of a woman?
Hee Hee, don't hurt me please, just having a little fun. I wonder how the tank will look when you get home from that job you have? Or was that 2 jobs? Can't remember. Anyway I like the idea of running the carbon in the HOB. Good thinkin.
Besides you get a lot of information on this site!!!!
[/QUO
NO PIC AGAIN!!!!
Yes it's 2 jobs and today when I go to the other one I am rushing in and out so I can do a water change before 24 come's on...PRIORITIES
If I was closer I'd scratch you...

meowzer

IDK...what's going on...millions of micro bubble.....I had to take it off...This has never happened with this filter before....

spanko

Clean Air Ejector Tube on side of Center Exhaust Tube (Figure 16).
Do not remove Air Ejector Tube.
Move Intake away from any air bubble source.
Check for air entering through O-Ring or D-Ring leaks. Use special
Silicon Lubricant (included) as directed and replace damaged parts.
Inspect O-Ring and D-Ring for dirt, wear, damage or improper
alignment. Reinstall correctly with clean, undamaged parts.

meowzer

LOL...I have had this thing a long time...used it before on this sw tank before I had the sump...also for cloudiness....I have done all of that....SOOOO I really have no clue
I put the carbon in a mesh filter bag for now, and set it in the pump side of sump
Should I put it back on the top tray??

spanko

I think that the better place. where flow is forced through it. Is the sloudiness any better tonight?

meowzer

Not really...I actually got a later start than I wanted ...got detained at job #2

Barely got w/c done before 8...24...now all that's on arethe actinics
I out a micron pad back in the sump tray, and I am "hoping" that it will be better tomorrow....Although I will be late tomorrow night...meeting at 6"30 p.m.ugh

dabnub

check that large o-ring on the lid, after resealing , tip to the side to see if any water leaks out , if so its sucking air.

meowzer

I took it aprt 3x last night before giving up...I won't get home until 7:30 tonight, so I don't know if I'll even bother...
I ALMOST think it may have looked SLIGHTLY clearer this morning...of course only actinics were on, but you can tell when you look from one end to the other....I could actually see thru the other end

spanko

Now go tell Lil Guppy your posting bud to have some patience too! Sometimes we tend to go off on fixing things when some small change and time will correct them.

meowzer

I did...LOL...Imagine that...ME...telling someone to be Patient....If I wasn't at work..I would be sitting there staring at the tank...testing water...and stressing....Thank Goodness for work (NOT)