carpet ate my tang ;(

todj2002

well it finally happend. the carpet ate my yellow tang. bummer. i have had carpet for a long time and he has not eaten anyone. today was the day.
i will post a pic in a second.

todj2002

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3104390
YIKES....Sorry for your loss...Man carpets are beautiful...BUTTTT
thanks. i knew the danger, but i tried to keep it fed so it wouldnt want to eat anybody. hate that he got my tang. wish he would have got one of my angels. i know thats not good to say but i really liked the tang. oh well, i knew the risk. now to get a new fish or not. it's just nature right?

A

abeandlulu

WOW.... was the tang sick? or did he just eat him?? thans not cool!

todj2002

Originally Posted by abeandlulu
http:///forum/post/3104398
WOW.... was the tang sick? or did he just eat him?? thans not cool!
not sick. just got to close i guess. i havent fed the carpet in a week or so... so i guess he took care of it himself. i should have known, carpet was roaming a bit last few days.

d-dzel

And this is why I never accepted this huge free carpet anemone I was offered

Sorry about your loss though, that sucks.

todj2002

well a few minutes ago he dropped the tang (what was left of him) and now it looks like he is roaming to go pick it up. not good. he is gonna be very near my flower anemone, candy cane and hammer coral. ugh. im gonna go to bed and hope for the best.

dnvrbrown

OMG, I wish I would have seen this before I bought my carpet yesterday!!! I had no idea.....newbie mistake I guess, jumped the gun before my research!! Now I'm worried....I have a Hippo Tang, a Clown, and Firefish and bought a Yellow Tang yesterday as well. Man this concerns me!!!

novahobbies

Wow, sorry for your loss. I once had a RBTA eat a Chevron tang, but the chevvie was sick so I wasn't totally surprised. I can imagine how bummed you must be!

flower

Anemones do not hunt for food, so keeping it fed means nothing...they just wait for a fish to swim into it. They either sting it to death, or eat it..either way the fish is dead.
I had a very beautiful LTA...but it was a fish killer...They are all fish killers.

bmkj02

Mine ate my Sea Horses. One morning it was sucked in my power head and was unable to save it. Will never get another one again.