Cars Cars Cars

zsalinas

I think stock is like 11.3 or something. I know it's 11 something for sure. Yeah as small as the stock turbo is in these cars they definately are pretty quick. I was suprised when I first got mine too. The t25 turbo can't hold very much pressure anyway so that sucks when you start turning your boost up. Mine will get up to 17 then come down slowly, but it's up there. I'm tellin you man once you have that AWD and you feel the launch those things can do there's no turning back. I love it!

X

xrobbx03

yeah im happy with my choice of going with a dsm. They look good they are quick stock plus theres soo much you can do to them its like an endless project.

zsalinas

Yeah it's crazy but the motor is a 4g63 not sure if you knew. The 1990 mitsubishi's built in 89 had these same motors. So they're old. Even then new Evo's have the same motor. It's a bullet proof motor it's been around forever and tweaked to perfection. There's a guy who I think broke into the 7's in a 1/4 mile on the stock 2.0L block. Insane, I don't know if you've of him. I can't remember his first name but everybody calls him shepard. He's like the dsm god lol!

X

xrobbx03

yeah i think i heard of that. But yeah i knew that engine is been around for awhile i mean y change something that has been able to make some great performance. I mean these evos are nice and all but its the same motor we can easily top them out with no problem in our eclipses with a few mods. I think they are very overpriced.

zsalinas

They are over priced but I love them. If I could afford one I'd get one. I've ridden in my friends and they are pretty fast I was surprised considering it's a huge 4-door car. Once I get my motor done and stuff, which won't be for a while, I'll post and let you know what I run. Also I'm gonna take some pictures of the car and load them on the work computer. Hopefully there's good weather tonight so I can!

zsalinas

Yeah muff diver that things is so sweet. I've always heard bad things about rotory (sp??) motors are they really that bad or is that just the hype? Where the hell do you live so you don't scrape this sh*t out of your front end?

X

xrobbx03

love the white color i think its the way to go but yeah be careful with that looks like your sitting close to the ground i live in boston pot hole city and i get some knicks sometimes and im sitting a lil lower than stock height.

muffdiver

Originally Posted by Zsalinas
Yeah muff diver that things is so sweet. I've always heard bad things about rotory (sp??) motors are they really that bad or is that just the hype? Where the hell do you live so you don't scrape this sh*t out of your front end?

chicagoland area, just being careful when i pull in and out of gas staition and places. the thing you hear about rotary is all on how you maintain them like they don't like being driven like a grandma they need to be reved up to keep carbon from being built up on the apex seals thats why they blow up is carbon build up. theirs things u can do to keep it clean. the last engine i had before this one ran low 11s and sold it still running in a different car now this one should go 10s. i had this one shipped in from japan and its one of the biggest rotoary you can fit in the car. the ports are so bigg you can roll a golf ball threw it.

devildog54

ok, first of all i wasn't hatin on u, im just a smarta$$ sometimes like that, but i could see how reading it and not hearing me say it made me sound like i was kinda hatin.
if u want a pic of my car thats cool but i only have a v6...lol i never said it was raw, ha i wish! my husband has a 64 chevy truck that is pretty bad tho.
to be honest ur car is pretty nice, but i do have to admit i hate the ones ya always see that are 50 diferent colors and like that other guy said "have a coffee can slapped on it"
i wasn't tryin to start a big war with u..lol and im really not a hater....that was actually the first time i have ever been called that

zsalinas

Originally Posted by DevilDog54
ok, first of all i wasn't hatin on u, im just a smarta$$ sometimes like that, but i could see how reading it and not hearing me say it made me sound like i was kinda hatin.
if u want a pic of my car thats cool but i only have a v6...lol i never said it was raw, ha i wish! my husband has a 64 chevy truck that is pretty bad tho.
to be honest ur car is pretty nice, but i do have to admit i hate the ones ya always see that are 50 diferent colors and like that other guy said "have a coffee can slapped on it"
i wasn't tryin to start a big war with u..lol and im really not a hater....that was actually the first time i have ever been called that
I'm not mad one bit about your comment. I just want you to know there's a huge difference between the "ricers" and people like us who really mod for speed and not sound. Those are typical people who buy big gay decals and put them all over their cars with the huge wash board aluminum spoilers. They have the huge fart cans that sound like shi*t. The slam there car to the ground by cuttin the springs so they bounce all ove the place. Trust me they are a discrace. Not all imports are the same. In fact my "import" was built in Normal, Illinois. It's always those idiots that ruin it for the rest of us.

zsalinas

Originally Posted by muffdiver
chicagoland area, just being careful when i pull in and out of gas staition and places. the thing you hear about rotary is all on how you maintain them like they don't like being driven like a grandma they need to be reved up to keep carbon from being built up on the apex seals thats why they blow up is carbon build up. theirs things u can do to keep it clean. the last engine i had before this one ran low 11s and sold it still running in a different car now this one should go 10s. i had this one shipped in from japan and its one of the biggest rotoary you can fit in the car. the ports are so bigg you can roll a golf ball threw it.
I've always loved rx-7's but haven't ever been able to afford one. Then somebody talked me out of it cause of the motor. That's insane. It's good to know they're aren't truly that bad. I knew they could make some horse power and getting in the low 11's is awesome. I love they way the rx-7's look. Is the rx-8 a disappointment would you say or do you like it?

devildog54

i have to admit..ur car makes mine look like

[hr]
! ...and the fact u can prob run 10's is a kick in the face...LOL id be a dot in your rear view if we raced

muffdiver

theirs no hard feeling at all but you should know theres the same types in all class of cars like mustang with V8s or V6s with flow masters that sould like they should haul ass and are just slow, that goes with imports too. and yes i withdraw my previses statement that your a hater. no harm done on both sides.

devildog54

Originally Posted by muffdiver
theirs no hard feeling at all but you should know theres the same types in all class of cars like mustang with V8s or V6s with flow masters that sould like they should haul ass and are just slow, that goes with imports too. and yes i withdraw my previses statement that your a hater. no harm done on both sides.

yeah thats true...god im one of those ppl...
sounds ok but im slow as hell

muffdiver

Originally Posted by Zsalinas
I've always loved rx-7's but haven't ever been able to afford one. Then somebody talked me out of it cause of the motor. That's insane. It's good to know they're aren't truly that bad. I knew they could make some horse power and getting in the low 11's is awesome. I love they way the rx-7's look. Is the rx-8 a disappointment would you say or do you like it?

my good friends wife bought a rx8 and he has a rx7, the rx8 is hurting bad its just so slow. he's thinking of selling it. but, one thing i can say is the rx8 for stock handles like a dream from factory

zsalinas

They look really nice I think I just figured the performance would be lacking. Same thing with the Eclipse. They come out with all the turbo models and stuff then they come out with the ugly 2000 model with a v6 that has less hp then the older 4 bangers. It's ridiculous they downplay things as years go on. It's sad too. I guess it makes our cars more rare as far as the turbo model goes.

muffdiver

yeah thats true...god im one of those ppl...
sounds ok but im slow as hell

i was going to buy a mustang like your when they first came out but when i was ready to i started see thousand of them every where just like the bug and the mini's. so i decided to go rotoary and loving it.
ZOOM ZOOM

swfreak

I have a 96 GSX with a few mods. Was pushing almost 300hp, but my ex messed the car up. I guess she figured that you can still drive the car when it is over heating and white steam is pouring out of the hood(thermostat got stuck closed). Burnt out the tranny and cause so much stress on the engine that is messed the crank up. Replaced the tranny, and now I have to rebuild the motor. I'm just figuring that I'm going to place a built 6bolt in it and be done with it. Gota get another car for right now, then after that I'm going to start saving cash to get everything done. After everything is said and done I want to run an FP Green Turbo....but that will require alot of supporting mods. Gota love the DSM.