chaeto $15 shipped

renogaw

my chaeto has grown to almost fill up my fuge, so i need to cut it back. I have a good mixture of algae down there, so theres some thick chaeto, some thin chaeto, some caleurpa, some type of fuzzy algae (almost like hair, but not really). I must have over 5 full sandwich bags available. i won't shake out the pods, snails, or anything else that is living in there :)
pm for payment info, i can accept paypal.

renogaw

ok, i think i have 5.5 baggies sold (assuming payment is sent). right now i'll take "waiting list" orders LOL.

renogaw

everyone who bought will get a tracking number in your pm's when i ship out today. thanks all, this REALLY thinned it out! hopefully everyone is happy, the sandwich baggies are stuffed!

dreamer44

Originally Posted by renogaw
ok, i think i have 5.5 baggies sold (assuming payment is sent). right now i'll take "waiting list" orders LOL.
you can put me on a waiting list order.
when you send an ivoice to people through pay pal, can they pay it with a credit card....? (not sure how it works) or do I have to have a pay pal account? (check or M.O. could always work)
Im at 02895 ( when you have more you could let me know what the shipping will be also.
Thanks,
Lori

renogaw

you can pay with a credit card, and it's free to send money with (there's a charge to accept money i just found out doing this...) paypal.
i'll let you know when i get home if i can spare any more. It seriuosly did a good job clearing me out.

dreamer44

Ok, thanks, but if need be, I can wait on the waiting list, from what I hear that stuff grows fast!
I would just get it at the lfs, but I dont think they sell it.....??
Besides, Im sure yours is a whole lot more healthy than anything they might sell....
thanks
Lori

renogaw

aww, thanks :) actually i've received chaeto from 2 or 3 people here, and most of it died or really thinned out. I got this chaeto from someone who actually grows it for a school in new haven CT along with phyto, certain corals, shell-less brine shrimp, and even clown fish as a way to expand and promote aquaculturing. they have a building dedicated to aquaculturing actually.
it started out with about a handful in the tank about 1.5 mo's ago and was able to take out 6 full sandwich bags (clumps bigger than softballs) this morning. so yea, this stuff is growing like mad. hopefully i didn't thin it out too much, but if it continues growing like it has i should have more soon :)

ric maniac

hey, im setting up a paypal right now!! yay! so i will be able to buy some! im so excited if there is still some left

kwolfskill

Since this will be the first time I have gotten chaeto, or pods, what will I need to do to acclimate this stuff, drip or just float acclimation? Also, do I need to QT it, and if so, for how long?
Thanks, can't wait to get it!

renogaw

no diseases in my tank :) as long as the bags dont leak (i triple baggied them) there should be about half a cup of water in there. otherwise, your postal carrier may have a wet lap...
just put the chaeto in the fuge. there's some rubble rock in the baggies as well, since the pods live and ship better on rubble rock. most likely you won't see any pods, but on the chaeto and the rubble rock there most likely will be eggs. there were though lots of amphipods travelling through the chaeto, and my fuge is chock full of copepods on the glass, so you may see something in the chaeto.

renogaw

not enough left to ship right now without completely getting rid of all of it. gimme a few weeks and i'll let you and dreams know