chaeto $15 shipped

helpme74

payment made renogaw
Thanks for all your help

Hey renogaw just wanted to know if you run your light 24/7 or reverse of your main tank lights?

renogaw

everyone who sent me paypal had theirs ship today except c42480's (i forgot a bag at home and thankfully s/he's being understanding). i figured his location is safest to get to him before the weekend. couldn't do the rubble rock this time, but everyone got some hermit snail shells instead :)
I alternate my lights, and actually since my timers are sorta fubared right now i'm manually alternating them and accidentally left the fuge light on for 36 hrs and during a water change (no flow through it) and the chaeto didn't like it. of course, there was so much in there that some was sticking out of the water as well. (don't worry, no one got that nasty smelling stuff LOL).
thanks kevin for the kind words, i rarely check there, but should probably post about the previous shipment. how's it growing?

R

reefernana

Wow! Received it today Renogaw. Nice looking stuff! Can't believe it got to CA in one day. Thank you so much!

renogaw

actually, if you got thursday it was 2 days :) i'm curious--did the box get wet? i tripple baggied it, but even though i wrote UP with an arrow, the guy at the counter kept on laying down all the boxes on their side.

pakora

I called the LFS and asked if they carry chaeto. The guys response was.. Doritos? Lays?
He told me I meant "calerpa" are these the same things or is he trying to sell me something else (i know he is duh )

renogaw

chaeto and caleurpa are both macro algaes.
the difference is caleurpa is a leafy algae, where chaeto is a stringy algae. caleurpa can also have little balls on it, if it is grape caleurpa.
they both technicallydo the same thing. problem is the leavs on caleurpa can rot, putting all those nutrients they took out back into your water.

renogaw

Originally Posted by MsEz2u
Do you have anymore

yes i do, but not enough to send any out at this moment :(

R

reefernana

Originally Posted by renogaw

actually, if you got thursday it was 2 days :) i'm curious--did the box get wet? i tripple baggied it, but even though i wrote UP with an arrow, the guy at the counter kept on laying down all the boxes on their side.
You're right, it was 2 days, I've been off all week because of the holiday....lol. Anyhow, no the box was not wet at all. All 3 baggies were sealed upon arrival. I don't care how many times you write on the boxes whether it be Fragil, This Side Up, or what, I don't think they pay any attention. We're probably very lucky when something arrives in good shape. I've had things that looks like they played football with, they just don't care. But, all in all, I still think that the USPS gets things to people faster than UPS. They take forever. Thanks, again! I left you positive feedback, by the way.

c42480

Thank you I was not home i was away this week. My girfriend put it in my sump. Thank you very much great looking stuff.
Chuck

renogaw

Originally Posted by helpme74
Thanks renogaw it was great doing business with you!!! I would recommend you to anyone reading this post.

estein02

renogaw...was looking in my fuge last night and noticed pods swimming all over the place! Looks great!
Is chaeto the only macro algea you have in your refugium? I was thinking about adding some ogo too and your chaeto looked so good.

renogaw

i MAINLY have chaeto. i think there's some grape caleurpa in there, and some hair algae. also, some cyano and coralline LOL. no ogo in there though (as far as i know :)
good to see some pods made it :)