chaseter's biocube nano extravaganza

chaseter

What do brittle stars like to eat the most? I want to coax him out of the rock work every once in a while.

tang master

i feed my brittle the same flake foods as i do my fish. he will reach out and when he catches it he will quickly move it down his arm to his mouth with his little bristles(it is quite entertaining). his tentacles grew about 4 inches in 5 months.

chaseter

I got a couple coral pieces and some marine snow and as soon as I sprinkled in the marine snow, the star went crazy! He was moving around and grabbing things like crazy!
I will post some pics of my tiny corals tomorrow. Oh, and I got a nice bubble anemone for my future clowns.

chaseter

I have a quick question, what is a good method for removing algae on the glass near the rock bed. I don't want to put the magfloat near the sand bed in fear I will get sand in there and scratch my glass.

chaseter

My little bubble anemone isn't as open as he was at the LFS. How long does it take them to get good and happy enough to open up fully? He had a clown hosting him at the LFS so should I get a clown pretty quick to get him good again?

nissan577

no. what are you params. and IMO i think its to early to add a anemone. and what lights do you have?

chaseter

All params are good. My LFS had him on sale and it was too good a price to pass up. I just got him yesterday so I dripped acclimated and he was a little shriveled when I put him in, closed up when I turned off the lights, and opened up a little bit today. My other two coral frags I got are doing wonderful. My lights are the stock lights that came with my biocube.
Is he just getting use to my tank, is that normal? I wasn't going to get an anemone at all but he is so small and I wanted my clowns to live long and happy lives so I wanted the anemone to get established and find a good spot so I would know where I could add corals without him chomping down on them.
Here is a pic

chaseter

Thanks!
My entire CUC is doing great and very active, my two corals are doing great and are also active but my anemone is now closed and expelling string like strands and I don't know if that is waste or it's protective coating. He better make it

chaseter

He looks worse today

I hope he will acclimate to my tank and I will give him a week before I pronounce him dead

However, everything else is doing fine and dandy. I thought my starfish was dead but I changed the water today, in hopes for my anemone, and he went crazy and was scooting about everywhere. My two shrimp are doing great, my snails are going crazy, and my two corals are doing fine.
My anemone might be my first casualty and the LFS only has a 24 hour guarantee...WTF!?

nissan577

wow. but still you shouldve ask if it was ok. IMO the anemone is not doing great cause the water is not mature enough.
but i hope he makes it!

chaseter

My LFS guy said go at it since I bought live rock from them, live sand, and added bacteria and my tank has already been through the nitrate/nitrite cycle and algae cycle. The live rock has red and green algae so he said sure!
I could understand a steady decline in health but the poor thing looks like it killed itself
I even bought the protein skimmer for you, you a-hole anemone

Makes me sad and in his memory I may get my first fish tomorrow or this weekend.