Cheaters

salt life

Originally Posted by Beth
http:///forum/post/3070868
Salt, for sure reps are not the only cheaters, however, when their political platform is based on being the "moral" party, having cheaters and even perverts that come to light makes them big fat hypocrites, and is a horrible reflection on the party as a whole, and on republicans and conservatives as a whole. That's probably not fair, but, its up to republicans to clean up their act (and their party).
If you are going to be the moral party, then you best act like you are.
ohh alrighty I see. I guess I was just looking at it from a bigger issue with cheating in general. I'm not too sharp with politics so now that you said that it makes sense

family values sounds like a good tattoo!!!!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
what i dont get how can they be so stupid to think they would get away with it.
S e x is a very powerful influence for all living things. Actually, aside from needing to eat, s e x and procreation is a driving force for most living things. And monogamy is a human custom that is based on religious and and social restrictions; which doesn't necessarily result in our willingness to be physically restrictive....if you know what I mean.

uneverno

Originally Posted by Rslinger
http:///forum/post/3070692
Why can't these rebulicans keep it in there pants or at least hide it better
.............lol. bye Sanford no more running for you in 2012

So how many is that this year in --- scandals from the party of family values?
At least as many as come from the church of family values.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/3070868
Salt, for sure reps are not the only cheaters, however, when their political platform is based on being the "moral" party, having cheaters and even perverts that come to light makes them big fat hypocrites, and is a horrible reflection on the party as a whole, and on republicans and conservatives as a whole. That's probably not fair, but, its up to republicans to clean up their act (and their party).
If you are going to be the moral party, then you best act like you are.

Originally Posted by uneverno

http:///forum/post/3071060
At least as many as come from the church of family values.
I don't know, there is a big portion of the republican electorate that is the much maligned christian conservative. But I ask you this, how many professed atheists Republican or Democrat are in office?
They all even obama claim to have some sort of judeo-christian beliefs...
And guess what, that guys political career is basically over...
All those guys whom you just mentioned are no longer in politics. How many philandering dems never left office, or are still in office.
My point is, the Republicans do a pretty good job at tossing or voting their own overboard when they have and indiscretion. I fail to see how this is hypocrisy on the whole republicans party? Just the dumb politician.

reefraff

At least when a Republican gets caught doing whatever the party will toss them out. Ted Kennedy killed one of several women he has fooled around with and was re elected how many times? Jerry Studds took a male page out of the country for an affair and he was re-elected several times. Barney Frank and his boyfriend were running a prostitution ring out of his house, no biggie. William Jefferson was caught on tape taking a 100 grand bribe 90 grand of which was recovered from his freezer and he was re-elected once after that.
Yeah, the Democrats should be casting stones

sickboy

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3071066
hypocrisy
I believe irony would fit better. You don't expect a democrat to be "moral" and therefor indiscretions are more readily tolerated. You DO expect (or at least, many expect) a republican to be a moral upstanding person, both religiously or civilly. It comes with the territory I guess, one part is geared toward secularism and one toward theocracy (with some obvious exceptions).
I don't personally think it matters, and I don't really care about "normal" infidelity (not condoning/not condemning). But the perverted ones, they should be tossed.

jerryatrick

http:///forum/post/3070899
Thank you Beth that was my point the party of family values!!!
The democrats have requested that you learn how to form proper sentences. Periods or commas were the two focal points that I picked up on during their latest meeting.

bionicarm

GMA ran a clip this morning with this guy being interviewed back when Clinton was caught with his pants down with Lewinsky. He was going on and on about moral values, and how Clinton should resign because of 'how it looked' in the minds of the public and the people who elected him. Hmm, wonder if he'll follow his onw words and moral standards and resign?
Also, they were showing the clip of his news conference yesterday with him explaining his affair. In the background, you could see these two girls smiling and laughing as he was giving details about the whole incident. It was actually kind of fun to watch as this guy was squirming around the podeum, and these two girls were just laughing and smiling the entire time. I think they were doing it because they were on national TV, but you'd think his supporters would've dragged the girls away from the camera shot.

reefraff

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3071271
GMA ran a clip this morning with this guy being interviewed back when Clinton was caught with his pants down with Lewinsky. He was going on and on about moral values, and how Clinton should resign because of 'how it looked' in the minds of the public and the people who elected him. Hmm, wonder if he'll follow his onw words and moral standards and resign?
Also, they were showing the clip of his news conference yesterday with him explaining his affair. In the background, you could see these two girls smiling and laughing as he was giving details about the whole incident. It was actually kind of fun to watch as this guy was squirming around the podeum, and these two girls were just laughing and smiling the entire time. I think they were doing it because they were on national TV, but you'd think his supporters would've dragged the girls away from the camera shot.

I but GMA didn't run clips of all the Democrats saying Clinton's personal life didn't matter during the Marc Foley or Senator Larry deals when they were calling for blood

ophiura

I am a republican.
I am wary of ANY "career" politician - of either party. I would happily throw nearly all of them out the door, either way.
I agree, Beth, it really makes me angry to see folks who one day stand for family values and the next day are caught doing this...of either party. Hypocrisy is part of politics. Al Gore preaches about global warming and has a big house and flies all over the place. We can look at this in SSSSSSOOOOOO many ways. Democrats or Republican politicians - virtually none have a high ground to stand on.
I would throw basically all of the bums out.

bang guy

Originally Posted by ophiura
http:///forum/post/3071580
I am a republican.
I am wary of ANY "career" politician - of either party. I would happily throw nearly all of them out the door, either way.
I agree, Beth, it really makes me angry to see folks who one day stand for family values and the next day are caught doing this...of either party. Hypocrisy is part of politics. Al Gore preaches about global warming and has a big house and flies all over the place. We can look at this in SSSSSSOOOOOO many ways. Democrats or Republican politicians - virtually none have a high ground to stand on.
I would throw basically all of the bums out.

I love you.

darthtang aw

http:///forum/post/3070899
Thank you Beth that was my point the party of family values!!!
But unlike the party of selfish granduer and no Morals, the republicans force those that violate these morals or codes to actually step down...Imagine that, accountability and reprecussions within the party of morals and family values. When was the last time the liberal/democrats asked one of their members to step down because of their actions............................or even voted them out?

uneverno

I can't post the link because this is a family site and the commentary included some inappropriate language, but Fox News reported Gov. Sanford to be a (D). Honest mistake, I'm sure.

Meantime, 1st Amendment, kids.
Morality is a religious/spiritual issue. Either the Gov't proscribes a behaviour or it (the Gov't) leaves us alone.
We are allegedly a secular State. Amoral is not the same thing as Immoral.
You can't have it both ways.

bang guy

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/3071583
But unlike the party of selfish granduer and no Morals, the republicans force those that violate these morals or codes to actually step down...Imagine that, accountability and reprecussions within the party of morals and family values. When was the last time the liberal/democrats asked one of their members to step down because of their actions............................or even voted them out?
I remember a couple years ago.... Alan Hevisi pleaded guilty of using state funds to chauffeur his wife around. Instead of jailing him for theft all they did was ask him politely to pay them back. Of course, he never paid it. When he ran for state comptroller he was again found to be chauffeuring his wife around using state funds. The total was published, he, in effect, had embezzled about $200K from the state just to have his wife driven around in luxury.
Of couse the dems elected him anyway to the Comptroller's office. You know, the guy that controls the money of the state. Makes sense to me. It took a judge to get him barred from office, the voters apparently wanted a scumbag cheat controlling tax money.

scsinet

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/3071779
Of couse the dems elected him anyway to the Comptroller's office. You know, the guy that controls the money of the state. Makes sense to me. It took a judge to get him barred from office, the voters apparently wanted a scumbag cheat controlling tax money.

Four words.
Tax Cheat Timothy Geithner

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, there's nothing pure and honest about most politicians--whatever party. And the reps will get rid of bad apples following a scandal, which dems never ever would dream of doing. But the dems don't have the moral high ground as a platform either.
There just has been too many scandals lately.
Yep, Al Gore is a joke. How in the world can he be taken seriously living high on the hog and making a carbon footprint that no average 10 people can even come close to?

uneverno

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3071066
I don't know, there is a big portion of the republican electorate that is the much maligned christian conservative. But I ask you this, how many professed atheists Republican or Democrat are in office?
They all even obama claim to have some sort of judeo-christian beliefs...
And guess what, that guys political career is basically over...
All those guys whom you just mentioned are no longer in politics. How many philandering dems never left office, or are still in office.
My point is, the Republicans do a pretty good job at tossing or voting their own overboard when they have and indiscretion. I fail to see how this is hypocrisy on the whole republicans party? Just the dumb politician.
Rose colored glasses on your part. Of course they profess to believe. If they didn't, they wouldn't be electable.
I'd rather elect an honest athiest than a partisan - Democrat or Republican.
Sexual indiscretion is the least of either parties hypocrisies.
It's hypocrisy on everybody's part. That's how the game is played. The candidates lie - the electorate believes.
Politics has become a Sheryl Crow song.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/3071814
Yep, there's nothing pure and honest about most politicians--whatever party. And the reps will get rid of bad apples following a scandal, which dems never ever would dream of doing. But the dems don't have the moral high ground as a platform either.
There just has been too many scandals lately.
Yep, Al Gore is a joke. How in the world can he be taken seriously living high on the hog and making a carbon footprint that no average 10 people can even come close to?

Al Gore may be a joke, but the house just passed a cap and trade bill.

reefraff

The way I see it in general Democrats will vote for a D no matter what. Republicans tend to be more demanding of their candidates. Ted Stevens in Alaska got caught and a Democrat was elected to the Senate in a state where he never had a chance to come close to being elected except for the fact many of the Republicans wouldn't support stevens. They also lost Tom Delay's seat for the same reason. Larry Craig and Marc Foley were also forced out by their own party. With the Democrats being seen on tape taking a 100 grand bribe and then having 90 grand of it retrieved from your freezer by the FBI was maybe no big deal. Clinton committing perjury was only a personal matter etc. Elliot Spitzer was the notable exception but he had stepped on a lot of fingers and toes in both parties during his career so people in both parties were looking for payback