Cindy Sheehan

rpick

darth,
how 'bout this liberal way of thinking. in times of war everyone should make sacrifices, including corporate america. i would hope that they would have understanding to allow payments to be defferred.
to 'help create' means that there were more people on this project. al gore was not soley in charge of the project (i would think).
that was another conservative misinformation.

keleighr

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
I disagree. While no one's mind may be changed, this thread has helped me get an understanding of why people have their views( when expressed properly). I have also shown RPick some different things and he understands a bit more. He may still disagree as a whole, but he has more information now than previously and a greater understanding of someone else's view. This is what makes our country so great...You can disagree and yet still RESPECT the other's opinion and concede points. It gets us closer to an agreeable understanding without causing conflict thus resulting ijn a solution all can live with..............
Now if only we can get our politicians to do that.

darth tang

Originally Posted by rpick
darth,
how 'bout this liberal way of thinking. in times of war everyone should make sacrifices, including corporate america. i would hope that they would have understanding to allow payments to be defferred.
to 'help create' means that there were more people on this project. al gore was not soley in charge of the project (i would think).
that was another conservative misinformation.
I agree with the "times of war sacrifices", but as a society we have grown more selfish IE. the me generation, so your problems aren't mine so I see why this isn't enacted as much.
And I know it was conservative misinformation about gore, but it is funny to use.

reefraff

I saw where someone had posted about Cindy Sheehan not raising her son. You actually confused her with another Anti-war mom who's name I forget. Sheehan's husband divorced her after she went off the deep end with the political anti-war stuff. She and her husband did raise the Casy.
Now to lighten things up a bit, Anyone see the movie "In the Army Now" with Poly Shore? My son graduates basic on Thursday. Then he goes for his MOS training, water purification. I renamed him Glendale and that is how he is signing his letters.

mudplayerx

Originally Posted by ophiura
Please do not resort to calling people "idiots" or other names. This board has had some issues with children running rampant and it will not be tolerated.
Either discuss and disagree like adults who live in a free country and, I would assume, are smart enough to actually DISCUSS issues instead of name calling. People who resort to name calling, IMO, do not have facts on their side and so can't debate. It doesn't mean they are wrong, it means they need to go work on their confidence.
If you can not disagree and debate like adults, the thread will be closed.

AMEN AMEN AMEN

mudplayerx

Originally Posted by keleighr
One I did not call anyone on here an Idiot. I called Bush an idiot. Since he is not on this message board and that is my opinion of him it's a little thing called Freedom of speech.
I also called the people who voted for him idiots too. Not my fauly he felt personnally attacked.
It's funny how you didn't address folks being called a moron.
Be fair. Stop picking one side.
If you are to be a Mod then you need to learn how to become Neutral, not one sided.
I notice you are allowed to Insult people left and right without anyone threatning you with bumping them or closing things out.
Politics ALWAYS bring out the worst in people as well as religion.
Being rude to Ophiura is a way to get all of us not to like you very quickly.

keleighr

Originally Posted by mudplayerx
Being rude to Ophiura is a way to get all of us not to like you very quickly.

Never asked anyone of you to like me.

ophiura

Originally Posted by keleighr
One I did not call anyone on here an Idiot. I called Bush an idiot. Since he is not on this message board and that is my opinion of him it's a little thing called Freedom of speech.
I also called the people who voted for him idiots too. Not my fauly he felt personnally attacked.
It's funny how you didn't address folks being called a moron.
Be fair. Stop picking one side.
If you are to be a Mod then you need to learn how to become Neutral, not one sided.
I notice you are allowed to Insult people left and right without anyone threatning you with bumping them or closing things out.
Politics ALWAYS bring out the worst in people as well as religion.

OH Please, feel free to realize that I was talking about not calling people names in GENERAL.
I think that was pretty obvious. It was a message to EVERYONE to friggin grow up and discuss things as adults. Take your last line to heart. It is pretty clear you are not interested in doing that, though perhaps you demonstrated or accepted in the end that people are entitled to their opinions as you are to yours. You have been allowed to state them, but there is a LINE that is crossed by anyone who takes to name calling, etc. Several people crossed it.

I don't believe that I insult people "left and right."
If you take something in that way, well it is not the intent.
But I will defend myself after what you have said to me! You may not care if people like you, but I care about the "atmosphere" of this board. Can't catch all of it, but all the mods, including me (whether you believe it) try our best to let people speak their mind - but respect others.
And since we could not change the tone (or because the topic is overdiscussed now), and as several people have predicted:
Thread closed.
{edit: I hadn't read this whole thread in detail when I wrote the above.....I was pretty miffed after reading this reply. I see the tone changed later on but still "stand by everything I said??"
I still feel the need to clarify the above. I don't think it was at all civil. I think my point was missed).